First look at the H.K 3Px4 GBB

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=special&item=HK3P-PS-PX4BK&search=special&rs=New%20Release&catid=&cat=   wgc has it for 83 US , in case anyone

Bell 1911 might be discontinued but Tercel 1911 certainly is not, There was last year some Bell stock re-surfaced as i think some wholesalers in china still have some old stock left, but Tercel is ali

Easy, just mask or dissasemble the lower frame and use some OD spray. Looks the nuts on mine, I just don't have a picture handy on my photobucket.

Posted Images

so i opened them mags. the spare ones are a little different than the original, but not enough to think they came from a different manufacturer, just maybe a different run or assembly line. there is only 2 differences and both appear to be of the same quality. the first difference is the finish, one has a VERY slightly different tone and texture to the black finish. the 2nd is the screw at the bottom of the mag that holds the base plate in (1911 style). in the original mag, the screw had a normal round head and a silver washer over the o'ring seal, the spares had a screw with a head similar to a V2 AEG grip screw with that wide head instead of a washer over that o'ring seal. nothing else was different. the other parts to the mag (base plate, valves, bucking, lips, follower, ect...) were the same parts used on both mags. i looked over 2 spares and 1 original. both spares had that same finish that was "off" compared to the finish of the original mag and that screw with the wider head.

so, yeah. the mags and valves look quality. the seals and bucking will break down relatively quick due to the poor quality rubber chinese manufacturers always use, so i will sub those parts with marui parts and comparable american o'rings when available and when i can.

i haven't done a full tear down of the gun yet, but i will probably do it tomorrow being that i will have nothing else to do when the hurricane passes over. funny, this is my first summer after moving to long island. i live on the south shore and i have to deal with the strongest hurricane in decades. in a basement apartment to boot...

so i opened them mags. the spare ones are a little different than the original, but not enough to think they came from a different manufacturer, just maybe a different run or assembly line. there is only 2 differences and both appear to be of the same quality. the first difference is the finish, one has a VERY slightly different tone and texture to the black finish. the 2nd is the screw at the bottom of the mag that holds the base plate in (1911 style). in the original mag, the screw had a normal round head and a silver washer over the o'ring seal, the spares had a screw with a head similar to a V2 AEG grip screw with that wide head instead of a washer over that o'ring seal. nothing else was different. the other parts to the mag (base plate, valves, bucking, lips, follower, ect...) were the same parts used on both mags. i looked over 2 spares and 1 original. both spares had that same finish that was "off" compared to the finish of the original mag and that screw with the wider head.

so, yeah. the mags and valves look quality. the seals and bucking will break down relatively quick due to the poor quality rubber chinese manufacturers always use, so i will sub those parts with marui parts and comparable american o'rings when available and when i can.

i haven't done a full tear down of the gun yet, but i will probably do it tomorrow being that i will have nothing else to do when the hurricane passes over. funny, this is my first summer after moving to long island. i live on the south shore and i have to deal with the strongest hurricane in decades. in a basement apartment to boot...

Did your spare magazine come in the packaging in my picture below (From my friend's PX4, I don't have one myself yet although I had the chance to clean and regrease the slide for him)? There are 2 types of packaging from what I can tell; one is brown and the other is black (below). The black packaging one is the same as the one that came with the gun as far as I can tell without disassembling both magazines. The brown one is allegedly made by another factory and from what I've heard its gas efficiency sucks because one of the valves are missing an o-ring. The spare mag in the pic below performed as well as the stock magazine when I gamed with my friend on the 19th, and the gun chrono'd at roughly 0.6J.

EDIT: Photobucket is not working at all; the pages don't even load. And every time I try using it it's always the slowest webpage out of any of the websites I'm visiting at the moment, so unfortunately I can't upload the pictures yet. Didn't this forum used to have an attachment option? I don't see it anymore......waiiit nvm, it's in the extra reply options >__> Anyway, see the attached picture for the black packaging of the spare magazine.

I'mma copy and paste some of my observations of the PX4 that I've sent to my friend (another friend I mean, not the one that I cleaned the PX4 for) below (any price I listed are in HKD):

A little update with my friends PX4 that I got in my hands to help him clean + regrease. The gun is very nice; esp. the slide, the quality is on par with guarder slides that are sold for 450+ in Kwong Wah St.

Something to note is that the tolerances between the frame and the slide is very good; the slide fits the frame rails snugly and therefore the gun is very solid.

I cleaned the inner barrel and hop up and found that the barrel has some scratches in it. I put this down to poor QC at the factory but if the gun shoots accurately within CQB settings there's no need to replace the barrel (I haven't tested range yet).

The hop up is also very finicky and the hop up dial that you are supposed to use to change the hop up is very hard to turn on my friend's PX4. I change the hop up by taking the barrel assembly apart to do it. Because of the 2 gear design for the hop up; I doubt it would lose it's hop even if you set it to the highest setting.

I regreased the gun using tamiya cera-grease (I very much recommend this as a general grease for AEG gears, GBB slides, etc. Cheapest price being sold at Modern Model Company for $38 at Kwong Wah St) and when I first did the slide rails only, the slide still had a lot of friction when I pulled it to the point where the barrel rotates. I added extra grease on the OUTSIDE of the hop up assembly (where the plastic clip holds both half of the hop up chamber together) and the notch on the spring guide block (that makes the barrel rotate) and now the slide cycle is very smooth; almost all the friction you can feel when pulling the slide back is due to the recoil spring. If you haven't done so I suggest you try my method out and see the results; the slide movement is on par with KSC Glocks (1911 slide movement is still the smoothest given it's simple design). All in all this gun completely blows me out of the water with its quality (other than the barrel, but even for the market price of 640 it is a very good value for money GBB pistol).

Few more observations I gave to my friend via facebook:

Decock works very well and the double action trigger pull is heavy (I'm too used to my featherweight 1911 trigger) but even compared to my KSC Glock 18C the trigger pull is still quite heavy. There are a bit of slack on a single action trigger but it's about half that of my Glock.

The plastic is very good too; basically the same material as my KSC Glock. The sights are nothing special (three dots) but again they have quality, just like the slide itself.

The hammer is kinda loose when in the decocked position (does not rest on the back of the slide). As far as I can tell (without the marui original in front of me) this is likely to be either a design error or to protect the back of the slide.

post-63987-0-28814300-1314516057_thumb.jpg

Edited by intinerious

A little heads up for you all about this gun. I have had one scince they first came out. It is really a very excellent gun and the quality is great, as many people have pointed out above. I am waiting for some more magazines to arrive, so I only have the one that came with the gun at the moment. Up until today I have had no problems with the gun. I was so impressed in fact with this gun that I ordered extra magazines and another one for those times when one pistol simply isnt enough. It really is that good. And for the price!!!! If it was twice the price then I would still consider it to be excellent value. So far the single magazine has held up pretty well, handling cooldown quite effectively. However, at the very end of today I had a jam. Stripped the gun down and still had a jam. I couldnt quite figure out where it was coming from, then it hit me. A little shard of metal fell out, which was jamming the guide rod and preventing the slide from returning to battery. I test fired the gun once it was cleared and it seemed to still function perfectly well. I have yet to establish where the shard of metal came from as it was not glaringly obvious, but I shall now strip down the gun and find it, just in case it will be a problem. As I said, so far it still seems to work fine, so I am not worried yet. This gun is excellent value for money, and it performs fantastically well, I would still recommend it very highly to anyone. In case anyone is unsure just how highly I would recommend it, it is only the second pistol that I own or have ever owned that I have bought a second one, and I have well over 30 pistols plus all the ones I no longer have!

However, at the very end of today I had a jam. Stripped the gun down and still had a jam. I couldnt quite figure out where it was coming from, then it hit me. A little shard of metal fell out, which was jamming the guide rod and preventing the slide from returning to battery. I test fired the gun once it was cleared and it seemed to still function perfectly well. I have yet to establish where the shard of metal came from as it was not glaringly obvious, but I shall now strip down the gun and find it, just in case it will be a problem. As I said, so far it still seems to work fine, so I am not worried yet.

This metal shard has fallen out of both H.K 3PX4s that I have had. It's a piece of the slide between where the outer barrel sits against the BBU. The gun functions fine, so I didn't really think much of it.

However, I imagine it could cause some damage if it were to get lodged in the loading muzzle or hop up unit.

Something to be mindful of. If this piece hasn't came out of your H.K 3PX4 already, it's a fair bet that it will eventually.

P1010464.jpg

Edit: Regarding the magazines, I believe there are a total of 3 different brands making PX4 magazines.

Tokyo Marui, some Taiwan Company (H.K 3PX4), and some Chinese Company.

-Ex

Edited by Extraordinaire

that shard is the part of the slide that contacts directly with the back of the outer barrel, plus its the part that the nozzle touches to tear it away from the hop up unit while firing. i guess because of the high traffic that small part receives, it breaks.nothing i can really think of to fix that. look out for increased wear on the nozzle. im guessing that because the BBU wiggles in place a little bit doesn't help.

the slide probably should be made from a high quality aluminum.

Edited by Horsem4n
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone else installed a Nine Ball Air Seal Chamber Packing into their Px4? I just installed one along with a PDI Raven 6.01 Tightbore.

The new bucking makes the hop up unit bulge a little, so much that it becomes quite tight when installing the inner barrel assembly into the outer barrel assembly. I had to force it in there and adjust the spacing just so I could get everything put back together.

It's firing just fine, but the action of the slide is a lot more stiff now. I'll see how it holds up. Though, I am thinking of sanding the inside of the outer barrel a bit to give the hop up unit more clearance.

-Ex

Has anyone else installed a Nine Ball Air Seal Chamber Packing into their Px4? I just installed one along with a PDI Raven 6.01 Tightbore.

The new bucking makes the hop up unit bulge a little, so much that it becomes quite tight when installing the inner barrel assembly into the outer barrel assembly. I had to force it in there and adjust the spacing just so I could get everything put back together.

It's firing just fine, but the action of the slide is a lot more stiff now. I'll see how it holds up. Though, I am thinking of sanding the inside of the outer barrel a bit to give the hop up unit more clearance.

-Ex

I'll be helping my friend install his tomorrow just before a CQB game. Hopefully I'll be able to report back it's fps gain and whether I encounter the same issue as you did.

Have you tried adding grease on the outside of the hop up which slides and rotates against the outer barrel (more like the outer barrel rotating against it)? If you add grease there (a bit will do) and the notch on the outer barrel where the recoil spring block thing turns the outer barrel you'll find the slide movement much smoother.

Have you tried adding grease on the outside of the hop up which slides and rotates against the outer barrel (more like the outer barrel rotating against it)? If you add grease there (a bit will do) and the notch on the outer barrel where the recoil spring block thing turns the outer barrel you'll find the slide movement much smoother.

I've had that section greased since I first opened my Px4 up.

-Ex

I've had that section greased since I first opened my Px4 up.

-Ex

Hey you said you have problems with fitting the nine ball hop rubber right? The one I tried on today fits perfectly; perhaps you should check again? I can fully close the hop unit together with the plastic ring holding it without the screws locking the halves together. Or perhaps it's the dimension of the PDI barrel. Do you still have the stock barrel? Try using the NB rubber with the stock barrel and see if it still makes the hop bulge.

Chrono'd with the stock barrel, NB hop rubber at an average of 0.75J with 0.25 excel bbs (xcortech chrono set to measure on 0.25gs). Definitely felt the shots to shoot a bit faster than OOTB (forgot to chrono the gun stock sorry!) and the muzzle report was snappier. At the short and small gun testing area the gun shot pretty laser-straight with the 0.25g bbs.

Another concern with the PX4 is that the rotating barrel can actually unscrew the suppressor. Booligan on ASR had that problem with his PX4 clone iirc.

Also, Ex, my TM PX4 has the same problem with a nineball bucking and PDI barrel. I haven't had a chance to troubleshoot so I just have the stock bucking and PDI barrel in there now.

Another concern with the PX4 is that the rotating barrel can actually unscrew the suppressor. Booligan on ASR had that problem with his PX4 clone iirc.

Also, Ex, my TM PX4 has the same problem with a nineball bucking and PDI barrel. I haven't had a chance to troubleshoot so I just have the stock bucking and PDI barrel in there now.

Can you guys compare the stock barrel and the PDI barrel and see if the PDI's diameter is actually bigger? Like I said, I've installed mine on the stock barrel and it fits perfectly.

On my game on the 24th, some of the HK3P mags started to leak on the bottom valve, and the valve wasn't loose either since I had a valve key at hand to tighten them down for my friends. I'm guessing it's the valve o-rings that requires a speck of silicon oil. I think the magazines stopped leaking after a while of gaming but just wanted to keep you guys updated since the mag leak happened with the two guys that brought along the PX4.

The same thing happened to me with the stock barrel and the nineball bucking. I'm away from my airsoft stuff but if I remember when I'm home this weekend I'll compare the barrels.

Hmm...that's weird. I did a very clumsy job installing the bucking just before the game when everyone was setting up but I distinctly remember that I can get both halves of the hop chamber to close and locked down with the plastic locking ring, without the hop chamber screws. I don't think I'll be seeing the PX4 again any time soon but if I come across it again I'll take pics of the stock barrel + NB hop with both halves of the chamber closed down without the screws.

Used mine in the field first time yesterday thanks to the heat wave :)

Bucking is still stock, but the hop arm is tweaked - I can over hop .4s.

I did the "Mag in warm water" treatment as I was suffering gas loss. I couldn't hear any hissing, but over 24 hours the mag would empty.

I also striped the blowback unit and used a touch of Systema piston grease to improve the seal. Blowback is crisper and range is better.

End result is it is performing as well as my Marui 1911 (stock) but I can get two BB fills from one of gas :). Easily getting AEG range with a .4 and lethaly accurate.

After strugling with a holster, I got the Guarder Tornado multi fit and it works fine.

Used mine in the field first time yesterday thanks to the heat wave :)

Bucking is still stock, but the hop arm is tweaked - I can over hop .4s.

I did the "Mag in warm water" treatment as I was suffering gas loss. I couldn't hear any hissing, but over 24 hours the mag would empty.

I also striped the blowback unit and used a touch of Systema piston grease to improve the seal. Blowback is crisper and range is better.

End result is it is performing as well as my Marui 1911 (stock) but I can get two BB fills from one of gas :). Easily getting AEG range with a .4 and lethaly accurate.

After strugling with a holster, I got the Guarder Tornado multi fit and it works fine.

Thanks for the holster update and the info on ability to overhop on 0.4g bbs :D

Can you tell if the accuracy of the PX4 is on par with the stock TM 1911? In Hong Kong we don't have a lot of range so whatever I can figure out is probably within a 50m-60m accuracy test. I also want to know how far you can lob the 0.4g bbs on a stock gun if you have the range to do so! :P

Thanks in advance :D

• Like 1

.4? Whoa...do you have any idea of the FPS?

If it's not unbearably slow, I'll pick up a bag and try them out.

Also, I polished my barrel to the point where it'll blind anyone looking...xD I think it looks great, except it caused there to be much more wobble from the barrel to the slide. Has anyone come up with a way to reduce the wobble? I tried shunning the little nub on the bottom of the barrel, but couldn't get anything to stay. Any ideas?