First look at the H.K 3Px4 GBB

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=special&item=HK3P-PS-PX4BK&search=special&rs=New%20Release&catid=&cat=   wgc has it for 83 US , in case anyone

Bell 1911 might be discontinued but Tercel 1911 certainly is not, There was last year some Bell stock re-surfaced as i think some wholesalers in china still have some old stock left, but Tercel is ali

Easy, just mask or dissasemble the lower frame and use some OD spray. Looks the nuts on mine, I just don't have a picture handy on my photobucket.

Posted Images

HunterSeeker5's R-Hop mod? I thought it was only developed for AEG buckings, not the VSR type?

The MIC ones are the ones in brown packaging right? Those are ######, I've heard reports that they leak OOTB and you cant even stuff a single bb into the mag. Sorry you wasted your money dude; but get a HK3P branded mag instead (which is the same as the one that comes with the gun. The packaging is black.

As for the gas route bucking I want to know too since I've been playing with the idea that if the gas route thingy is the same as the hicapa/p226 ones you can potentially fit the nineball purple ones to get an even better airseal.

hi did you ever try the nineball buckings in the px4 mag because as far as i can see the original bucking sits flush to the hole in the mag whereas TM,WE and KJW M9 buckings are a couple of mm above the hole thanks

hi did you ever try the nineball buckings in the px4 mag because as far as i can see the original bucking sits flush to the hole in the mag whereas TM,WE and KJW M9 buckings are a couple of mm above the hole thanks

The nineball air seal gas routers were designed for the hicapa and p226 only as far as I can tell. I haven't tried modding any of the mags since I am not using the PX4 myself; I only got them for Uni :P

If the original already sits flush with the nozzle then there's no need to upgrade them. In my experience ~1mm higher than the flush height already jams the slide given that you're pushing against the nozzle upwards. My old TM MEU with the stock kit worked with the NB purple routers (which are ~1mm higher than the stock TM 1911 ones) since the plastic slide rails can flex a bit and can give some leeway to the nozzle interface so that the slide will cycle whilst I get a perfect gas seal between the mag and nozzle (but I cannot use the slide catch to return the slide to battery; need to rack the slide to do so or else the resistance from the router pushing up against the nozzle will prevent the slide from returning to battery). However once I upgraded to my Kimber SIS kit the purple mag routers jammed my slide cycle pretty badly as the metal slide rails couldn't flex against the frame rails to alleviate some of the pressure that the router exerts upwards on the nozzle.

Also, the stock router and nozzle combo's already pretty good; I've shot the PX4s a couple of times when back in February where the average temperature in HK was around 10 degrees Celsius (using ET-1000 gas btw) and I still manage to rapid fire some 18-20 shots before the slide stopped locking on dry fire.

The nineball air seal gas routers were designed for the hicapa and p226 only as far as I can tell. I haven't tried modding any of the mags since I am not using the PX4 myself; I only got them for Uni :P

If the original already sits flush with the nozzle then there's no need to upgrade them. In my experience ~1mm higher than the flush height already jams the slide given that you're pushing against the nozzle upwards. My old TM MEU with the stock kit worked with the NB purple routers (which are ~1mm higher than the stock TM 1911 ones) since the plastic slide rails can flex a bit and can give some leeway to the nozzle interface so that the slide will cycle whilst I get a perfect gas seal between the mag and nozzle (but I cannot use the slide catch to return the slide to battery; need to rack the slide to do so or else the resistance from the router pushing up against the nozzle will prevent the slide from returning to battery). However once I upgraded to my Kimber SIS kit the purple mag routers jammed my slide cycle pretty badly as the metal slide rails couldn't flex against the frame rails to alleviate some of the pressure that the router exerts upwards on the nozzle.

Also, the stock router and nozzle combo's already pretty good; I've shot the PX4s a couple of times when back in February where the average temperature in HK was around 10 degrees Celsius (using ET-1000 gas btw) and I still manage to rapid fire some 18-20 shots before the slide stopped locking on dry fire.

hi thanks for the infomation its that i am missing the gas route bucking from my px4 mag and cant seem to find a replacement anywhere so i was going to try and see if the nineball would fit but it looks like it would be to high as i said the px4 bucking sits flush if you know of anywhere to get a replacement that would be great thank you .

hi thanks for the infomation its that i am missing the gas route bucking from my px4 mag and cant seem to find a replacement anywhere so i was going to try and see if the nineball would fit but it looks like it would be to high as i said the px4 bucking sits flush if you know of anywhere to get a replacement that would be great thank you .

Hey. I don't think there's a replacement yet....I don't think HK3P will be making replacement routers either, since they don't seem to make stock parts available. If you're really in need of one I suppose ask some of the forum members here? I remember that some of them can get parts directly from TM, so that might be your only way to get it if the router is indeed unique from all the other type of pistol magazines. Might cost you though! O_o

How did you lose the router anyway, or was the magazine shipped to you without it? I helped my friend at ACMGear check all the mags when I was there to pick up my batch and all the spare magazines (I probably checked like 25-30 of them to see if they leaked gas) were completely fine.

Hey. I don't think there's a replacement yet....I don't think HK3P will be making replacement routers either, since they don't seem to make stock parts available. If you're really in need of one I suppose ask some of the forum members here? I remember that some of them can get parts directly from TM, so that might be your only way to get it if the router is indeed unique from all the other type of pistol magazines. Might cost you though! O_o

How did you lose the router anyway, or was the magazine shipped to you without it? I helped my friend at ACMGear check all the mags when I was there to pick up my batch and all the spare magazines (I probably checked like 25-30 of them to see if they leaked gas) were completely fine.

yes it was shipped missing the router might try and pick up a broken px4 mag thanks for the help.
  • 2 weeks later...

Any update regarding the shard of meal that breaks off the slide internally.

The new version of the slide does not seem to fix the problem. The shard broke off again. And I did NOT cock the slide with the safety on this time at all.

I suppose a jammed BB may be causing the breakage. I give up. In any case, the gun works just fine.

Any update regarding the shard of meal that breaks off the slide internally.

The new version of the slide does not seem to fix the problem. The shard broke off again. And I did NOT cock the slide with the safety on this time at all.

I suppose a jammed BB may be causing the breakage. I give up. In any case, the gun works just fine.

Hm. Well my batch of 18 PX4s haven't been roughly used yet, mostly because it's near exam time :P

Anyway, there's at least 1 person saying that the shard doesn't really do much; at least the gun's still working; that's good I guess. On my end, my friend's first batch of PX4 (the ones that doesn't come in the blue-ish box) broke his trigger spring (I think it broke, haven't opened it up yet but the trigger's not resetting). On Arnies there's 1 report of a broken trigger spring on both the TM and the HK3P...this might be an issue with all the PX4s.

Anyway probably gonna get a TM spring to replace it once my exams are done.

Do you think that changing the barel and hopup on the 3PX4 would improve accuracy?

I'd bet it would :P The stock barrel's nothing fancy (in fact the crown of some of the barrels I've seen have some pretty deep scratches on them...) and the bucking's nothing fancy either; though I've never compared one with an upgraded barrel and one without side by side for a comparison.

In that case, perhaps you should field the PX4 to get a grasp of the accuracy first? If it's good enough for whatever place you're skirmishing in then save the money on getting upgrades on other stuff (like Tim Hortons, LOL); if it's not to your liking then get barrels and buckings from reputable manufacturers (like nineball and PDI....for PDI I'll go for the bucking only. The Modify bucking is also good btw).

I can't as all i know is what the player told me. He picked up both the TM and Army to compare and both failed in the same way. Wasnt interested enough at the time to ask in what way.

Ah that sucks; would've been nice to know what went wrong :P

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, forgot who was the one who asked about replacement mag gaskets but there's finally an aftermarket part available.

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=32400

I guess if you've damaged yours or lost it you can get that as a replacement. If their market blurb is correct you'll get a performance boost too :P

Read through the whole thread. Just bought a HK3P PX4 from ACMGear for 69 USD, I couldn't resist.

First off, big thanks to you HK locals, you provide ivaluable information to the rest of us straight from the source with minimal to no ###### on top, I love you guys for that!

Second, is it confirmed that racking the slide with the safety engaged breaks it ?

Does the TM also have this restriction ?

I know the RS PX4 can do it no problem.

I will post up my thoughts when I get it, if I get it, sometimes customs can be a *badgeress*. I will do indoor target tests at 7m, I also have a spare NineBall rubber I can try with it.

Also, ACMGear specified my order a a PX4 Gen2. So I guess there has been some upgrades or fixes in these later batches.

Super excited! :D

Read through the whole thread. Just bought a HK3P PX4 from ACMGear for 69 USD, I couldn't resist.

First off, big thanks to you HK locals, you provide ivaluable information to the rest of us straight from the source with minimal to no ###### on top, I love you guys for that!

Second, is it confirmed that racking the slide with the safety engaged breaks it ?

Does the TM also have this restriction ?

I know the RS PX4 can do it no problem.

I will post up my thoughts when I get it, if I get it, sometimes customs can be a *badgeress*. I will do indoor target tests at 7m, I also have a spare NineBall rubber I can try with it.

Also, ACMGear specified my order a a PX4 Gen2. So I guess there has been some upgrades or fixes in these later batches.

Super excited! :D

I wouldn't put no bias in my review anyway; I stand to gain no profit from it :P I basically found the best cost to performance pistol in airsoft right now and I'd like the members here on Arnies to know that so that they can make a more informed purchase. This forum's helped me a lot with my own purchases and I'd like to give something back in return :D

I don't think racking the slide with the safety engaged is confirmed to break the pistol as it's only my suspicion but all the so called gen2 PX4s don't return to battery if you do rack the slide with the safety on. Of course I never tried to force the slide back into battery as it's just a toy afterall and I've got no intention of breaking any of the PX4s I currently can get my hands on (which is 18 of them :P).

From what I understand the TM PX4 can be racked with the safety on. So I guess if replicating the true features of the RS PX4 that'll be the only con the HK3P one has.

Note that the nineball rubber's been noted to be a bit fatter than the stock one, leading to the plastic clip that secures the front halves of the hop up chamber to not sit correctly as reported by someone before. Though I've successfully installed NB rubbers to the PX4s before without problems, so make sure that you align everything correctly!

For places that I suggest you to grease as SOON as you get the gun is the notch on the recoil spring guide block that rotates the barrel (or grease the outer barrel indent where the notch goes in), the outside of the hop chamber as the outer barrel turns with respect to the inner barrel. Also grease the frame slide rails if you must. By greasing the contact areas with the rotating outer barrel (the notch and indent that allows the barrel to turn and the hop up chamber that sits inside the outer barrel) you'll make the slide movement much smoother. I use Tamiya cera-grease to grease the barrel parts and moly grease for the slide, but I guess any other greases or even oils will do.

The hop wheel is actually very hard to adjust even when you just lock the slide back, so I generally disassemble the slide to adjust the hop up like the old TM pistols. With the 2 gears design for the hop up wheel once you set it you can forget about it dialing off; I HIGHLY doubt it'll happen :P

Also, for others to note (as I have a friend who works at ACMGear) all the PX4s they have are the gen2, basically the ones I got with the blue box. In my understanding they've never stocked the gen1s before.

Also NonEx, check whether the inner barrel's scratched. They aren't the best of quality but they should be good enough for indoor CQB use. I've seen a gen1 with a scratched barrel crown so there are some QC issues with the barrels...I forgot to check the Gen2s, maybe they upped the QC on those, who knows. I'll report back when I have time :P Oh and remember to clean the inner barrel first before doing an accuracy test :P I remember the 24-ish barrels I've cleaned had a bit of dirty grease in the barrel (my tissues came out yellowish and had black smudges) but that's to be expected of an ACM manufacturer...I doubt they clean the parts and the factory's not gonna be in a very clean state anyway :P

Hope this helps :P If you still have any questions lemme know, I should be able to help you out (I've got 18 of these at hand remember.... :P)

Edited by intinerious

Thanks for the feedback. What I meant was regarding information from retailers and manufactuers etc. about products and "how things work" not containing bull *suitcase*, it wasn't aimed at your review or reports of the guns, those I like just as much though :)

As for the gun, I always strip, clean and lube my guns when they are delivered, most GBBs and GBBRs are in horrible condition straight out of the box.

I will avoid racking the slide with the safe on, although that is something I wish I could do. I will check the IB for scratches!

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback. What I meant was regarding information from retailers and manufactuers etc. about products and "how things work" not containing bull *suitcase*, it wasn't aimed at your review or reports of the guns, those I like just as much though :)

As for the gun, I always strip, clean and lube my guns when they are delivered, most GBBs and GBBRs are in horrible condition straight out of the box.

I will avoid racking the slide with the safe on, although that is something I wish I could do. I will check the IB for scratches!

Thanks!

Hmm you mean at ACMGear? I thought retailers mostly give no information at all or just those that they can gather from the box itself. What did ACMGear or whatever retailer you mentioned answered you when you asked them questions? I'm just curious :P

Also, there's retailers that give you ###### about products? O_o In Hong Kong only the really small shops (that tend to do local business) MIGHT give you some ###### since they don't get as much sales as those with the international orders but otherwise all the established ships hardly tell customers anything as far as I can tell (like WGC, DENTrinity, etc.)

Quick Update: I disassembled my Px4 today and I discovered that the nubs inside the hop up chamber which hold the barrel in position have been sheared off...My guess is due to the recoil, much like the Fn 5-7's outer barrel.

Yours is a Gen1 correct? Please take a photo of the broken area and I'd check out whether the Gen2s have it reinforced or not so at least we can expect failure at certain areas and try to mitigate it. You seem to have gotten quite a lemon with barrel breaking, etc. Though since the broken parts are all related with the barrel I still have suspicion that it's probably because you racked the slide with the safety on before...I could be wrong though, correct me with what you think the issue is :)

If you want replacement parts I'm afraid you'll need to scour for the stock TM parts. It doesn't seem like HK3P makes any spare parts for the guns. :(

Well *suitcase* intinerious, I was trying to give you a compliment and say thank you for keeping us up to date of what is happening "in the streets of airsoft HK". That is all, nothing more, nothing less. I said thank you. There is nothing more to it than that. It was a figure of speech, not meant litterally. (no BS part)

Well *suitcase* intinerious, I was trying to give you a compliment and say thank you for keeping us up to date of what is happening "in the streets of airsoft HK". That is all, nothing more, nothing less. I said thank you. There is nothing more to it than that. It was a figure of speech, not meant litterally. (no BS part)

:huh:

Did my previous post convey something else? :huh: I merely just asked whether other shops give you sales talk about their products since I find that most HK shops don't bother to say anything outside of what the product box already say. Anyway thanks for the compliments!

I am the person who brought up the question of whether the shearing was from racking the slide with the safety on. That was with gen1. I replaced it with a gen2. I did not rack it with the safety on, and the 'new' metal area that sheared did the same thing after a while.

My conclusion is:

1) Racking the slide with the safety on is not the problem.

2) Gen2 did not solve the problem.

3) The problem is probably from poor metal.

My question is:

Does this happen with the original TM PX4?