First look at the H.K 3Px4 GBB

No... I meant that you provide us information directly from the shops and manufacturers (as much as possible). Not that I get information from them.

What I meant was you see alot of people on the net posting this and that about X and Y product/manufacturer and alot of people have no *fruitcage* clue what they are talking about, but I find with you HK locals that you provide good and reliable information, so thank you for that.

That is what I was trying to say :)

Lets just drop this discussion and be happy that I complimented you :P

Edited by NonEx
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=special&item=HK3P-PS-PX4BK&search=special&rs=New%20Release&catid=&cat=   wgc has it for 83 US , in case anyone

Bell 1911 might be discontinued but Tercel 1911 certainly is not, There was last year some Bell stock re-surfaced as i think some wholesalers in china still have some old stock left, but Tercel is ali

Easy, just mask or dissasemble the lower frame and use some OD spray. Looks the nuts on mine, I just don't have a picture handy on my photobucket.

Posted Images

No... I meant that you provide us information directly from the shops and manufacturers (as much as possible). Not that I get information from them.

What I meant was you see alot of people on the net posting this and that about X and Y product/manufacturer and alot of people have no *fruitcage* clue what they are talking about, but I find with you HK locals that you provide good and reliable information, so thank you for that.

That is what I was trying to say :)

Lets just drop this discussion and be happy that I complimented you :P

Right nevermind, I'll keep quiet as I seem to have misinterpreted something :P Thanks for the compliments btw XD

Hmmm, dang. Those really did come clean off.

What propellant and ambient temps was this under ?

IMO close to 10K cycles seems like alot, I don't think I have that on all my current guns that I own right now, but then again I am a collector and plinker so.

Here's a couple of pictures of what happened.

Basically, the two vertical nubs which hold the barrel where broken off. I do not believe it's because of having racked the slide with the safety engaged, rather just from the recoil of the gun. I've put >8,000 rounds through it plus maybe 1,000 dry fires.

Thanks for the pics! Hmm well again it's the first PX4 I've heard to have failed in this manner. But mind I ask whether the hop up screws that were holding the 2 halves were tightened down? I would believe that unless the barrel was loose in the hop up to allow it to move slightly due to the recoil every time you shoot it the nubs shouldn't break. The metal used for the hop up is really the same as the TM I would believe so if TMs generally don't fail (bar the 5-7, but it shears off the nubs that lock the outer barrel in place I believe) like that I'd say your hop up might've been loose as the screws weren't tightened down enough. Correct me if I'm wrong though!

As for resolving your issues would JB Weld work? It's not stuff that I'd use in HK since....well, I don't have much use for it but from reading about JB Weld it should work in locking the nubs back in place... If you tighten down the screws that lock the hop up halves together plus add a bit of locktite it should keep your gun going for some more time. Otherwise you'll need to get a TM replacement part and those aren't easy nor cheap to find :(

Though I've not encountered a PX4 from my end to have fired as many times as you and I would also say the PX4's blowback is pretty strong with the metal slide. If your hop up was tightened down it might just be an inherent material flaw.

OK I just got my HK3 PX4 GBB Black, Gen2 pistol this week from ACM Gear. I was lucky to strike a deal and got it for 69 USD and the magazines were 18.99 USD each. I would have been fine with paying 89 for it as well, totally worth it. And for those with a TM wanting a quick and cheap metal slide upgrade, get the HK3 or AFC slide kit, you won't regret it for the price!

Anyways just wanted to post my impressions so far after handling and shooting it a bit.

First off, dang the slide looks nice. Very nice matte black/dark grey finish and it feels kinda coarse and matte. I like it alot. This finish is on the slide and the sights. The controls however have a different finish which is more pure black and semi-matte-gloss finish. The finish on the controls show wear very fast. After just around two dozen flicks of the safety up and down I can see bare metal on the edges. Not a big deal but kind of annoying. The outer barrel seems to be of a finish somwhere in between the slide and controls.

The trades appear to be a copy of TM trades, PX4 Custom, and not RS Beretta PX4 Storm trades.

The frame, a bit too ABS plasticy for my taste. I was kind of hoping it would be polymerish and kinda of rubberized, not sure if the RS PX4 is or not. Anyways, again, for the price, I can't expect it to be perfect, but it is a bit too shiny for my taste, but I can live with it. It feels kind of hard plastic and might be a little brittle but there are no parts of the frame that will be subject to any major abuse from normal operations so it should hold up fine.

My biggest problem with the frame is with the design of the grip. I swapped back straps a few times back and forth and didn't find any of them too comfortable. Finally settled on the medium one.

By the way, the RS PX4 has a big "bobby pin" (kinda like girls have in their hairs) that secures the backstraps by retention form inside of the back of the magazine well. The HK3 has a button on the bottom of the back of the frame. Easier but maybe not as secure. Anyways.

The grip. I realized what it was after a while. THe sides of the grip are completely flat and leaves some room in your palm empty, making the grip feel kind of weird and unsecure. That's just for me. Suprised I haven't heard about it before though as that really stood out for me. Most other guns have a slight curve to the sides of the grip to fit the palm better.

Trigger. OMG, love the single action trigger pull and reset. Holy *suitcase* the reset of that trigger is crips, 1½ mm reset at most and a distinct and wonderful clack! Follow up shots go off with a breeze. I had some trouble with the double action at first, felt very long and hard with a tough break too it, but after some practise I kind of like it. DA is supposed to be more difficult so it makes sense.

Overall operation of the gun is nice, I absolutely love the working decocker funtion, that is just icing on the cake, makes a nice snap/clack sound when you decock it! Speaking of which, as stated do not attempt to rack the slide and release it into battery with the safety on, it will get stuck. Racking the slide with the safety on is fine, but put the safety off before releasing it back to battery.

The magazines are quiet nice actually. All of mine are seriously tightly sealed. Maybe too much so as I can't hear if gas is going in or if they are full or not. No leaks and seems to work OK! I also like the feed lips of these, not the typical super tight lips that require brute force to insert BBs, they just roll right thru and into the magazine. Me gusta!

What else, let's see... Magazine catch is reversible but not like on the RS PX4. You have to take appear the gun and chassi, lift up the magazine catch detent and spring, reverse the catch and install the chassi back etc. A little bit more work but not a whole lot of people are going to do this so.

Anyways that is all I can think of for now, here are some pictures!

hk3_px4_01.jpg

hk3_px4_02.jpg

hk3_px4_03.jpg

hk3_px4_04.jpg

I also did a shooting test.

Pistol: HK3 PX4 GBB

Shots: 10

BBs: Blaster 0.2g

Hop rubber: HK3 stock

Hop up setting: 1/2

Propellant: ASG Ultraair ~140PSI @ 24C gas

Ambient temperature: 25C

Magazine gas fill: Freshly filled and topped off in room temp, shot immediatly

Chronograph: XCORTECH X3200

Shot 1: 296 FPS

Shot 2: 290 FPS

Shot 3: 284 FPS

Shot 4: 282 FPS

Shot 5: 282 FPS

Shot 6: 271 FPS

Shot 7: 268 FPS

Shot 8: 272 FPS

Shot 9: 252 FPS

Shot 10: 260 FPS

Total: 2757

MIN FPS: 252

MAX FPS: 296

AVG FPS: 275,7

Echoes pretty much was has been reporter previously. Pretty good FPS but consistensy is alright I guess.

I also did a target test as follows:

Distance: 7m

Target: STAR 25x25cm, black 10 ring diameter 5cm (2")

BBs: JBU 0.25g

Magazine gas fill: Freshly filled and topped off in room temp, shot immediatly (not same magazine as for FPS tests)

hk3_px4_target_01.jpg

Results

Hits: Low and to the right

Score: 62/100

Hop up setting: Full

Magazine gas fill: Freshly filled and topped off in room temp, shot immediatly (not same magazine as for FPS tests)

hk3_px4_target_02.jpg

Results

Hits: Low and to the right

Score: 76/100

I also had a NIneBall purple hop up rubber laying around so I installed that (BTW no problem fitting the hop housing back together) and repeated the tests as follows:

BBs: Blaster 0.2g

Hop rubber: NineBall purple

Magazine gas fill: Freshly filled and topped off in room temp, shot immediatly

Shot 1: 274 FPS

Shot 2: 276 FPS

Shot 3: 272 FPS

Shot 4: 272 FPS

Shot 5: 271 FPS

Shot 6: 270 FPS

Shot 7: 268 FPS

Shot 8: 261 FPS

Shot 9: 268 FPS

Shot 10: 269 FPS

Total: 2701

MIN FPS: 261

MAX FPS: 276

AVG FPS: 270,1

Lower total and average FPS than stock rubber but about the same consistency. Kind of strange as the tigher seal of the NB should produce higher FPS.

hk3_px4_target_03.jpg

Results

Hits: Low and to the right, more so than before, tighter grouping than stock rubber though

Score: 47/100 (2 shots missing)

Hop up setting: Full

hk3_px4_target_04.jpg

Results

Hits: Low and to the right, a little better but still off compared to stock rubber.

Score: 70/100

Conclusion, either the sights or barrel is out of alignment making the gun shoot low and to the right. With NB rubber if you compensate for the sight/barrel offset you can get decent groupings.

Overall for the price and what I intend to use the gun for (fiddling, fondling, plinking and target shooting indoors) I would say I am fairly happy with my purchase. I intend to buy more of the HK3/WE/AFC pistols later just to have a veriety of models to play with.

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 1

That wasn't a review :P

That was just my first impressions. See my G17 and M9 reviews, for what I call a review :) hehe

But thanks :)

First impressions and reviews...well most airsoft reviews are first impressions anyway :D

Report back if you have issues though :P I've left the Uni society and the new guys aren't organising anything yet, so the 18 PX4s are just sitting in their boxes and haven't been used >___>

I had the issue of not returning to battery with the safety on. Took the slide off and had a look. Re-contoured the interlock lever with a file and gave it a polish with wet and dry. Works fine now and nothing broken yet.

Is this the disconnector? Which side of the gun is it on?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, forgot who was the one who asked about replacement mag gaskets but there's finally an aftermarket part available.

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=32400

I guess if you've damaged yours or lost it you can get that as a replacement. If their market blurb is correct you'll get a performance boost too :P

hi yes i got a couple and replaced the stock version havent had a chance to check if it increases the fps when i do will post back and thanks for the heads up man

hi yes i got a couple and replaced the stock version havent had a chance to check if it increases the fps when i do will post back and thanks for the heads up man

Hey, no problem :P Report back if it does though! :P Otherwise the product's still good as a replacement part alone, since those mag gaskets are really hard to come by :)

• 1 month later...