First look at the H.K 3Px4 GBB

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=special&item=HK3P-PS-PX4BK&search=special&rs=New%20Release&catid=&cat=   wgc has it for 83 US , in case anyone

Bell 1911 might be discontinued but Tercel 1911 certainly is not, There was last year some Bell stock re-surfaced as i think some wholesalers in china still have some old stock left, but Tercel is ali

Easy, just mask or dissasemble the lower frame and use some OD spray. Looks the nuts on mine, I just don't have a picture handy on my photobucket.

Posted Images

Dont worry, its not so important, just wanted to know if someone could confirm the veracity of this review

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=458

They are a very reputable forum, so I dont think they are BS-ing, just shocked me how a "cheap" gun could feature a precision barrel OOTB

Thank you people :)

• 1 month later...

I just have to say, having had this sitting in the box for a while not liking it, took it back out and dang, it's nice!

Love the de-cocker and rotating barrel etc. :)

Also my initial feel that it felt bad in the hand has gone away now after settling in on the small back strap.

I have a set of digital calipers but I wonder if they are precise enough to measure the inner barrels accuratly.

They're not, they'll always give inaccurate readings for an inside bore as small as an airsoft barrel which is probably why people always think some stock guns come with tightbores.

I'd be willing to bet the person who has done that review of the Px4 has measured the inner barrel using a standard set of measuring calipers, if that is the case then I'd assume it's a 6.08mm barrel.

• 2 months later...

Excuse me for the rather late reply, but I wanted to check up on the PX4s of other owners.

Within a mag or two of shots the little piece on the slide where the outer barrel slams into inevitably snapped off. Trying to JBweld it back, I found that the epoxy was not strong enough, and it disappoints me to see how soft of a metal the outer barrel is, considering the rest of the gun is rather nice for the price.

So my question is...how are the pistols fairing with this piece of slide missing/about how long is the life span of the outer barrel granted it wears quite fast as the slide returns to battery? I want to upgrade the pistol but I'm reluctant to if I know it will fail soon due to premature mechanical wear.

Excuse me for the rather late reply, but I wanted to check up on the PX4s of other owners.

Within a mag or two of shots the little piece on the slide where the outer barrel slams into inevitably snapped off. Trying to JBweld it back, I found that the epoxy was not strong enough, and it disappoints me to see how soft of a metal the outer barrel is, considering the rest of the gun is rather nice for the price.

So my question is...how are the pistols fairing with this piece of slide missing/about how long is the life span of the outer barrel granted it wears quite fast as the slide returns to battery? I want to upgrade the pistol but I'm reluctant to if I know it will fail soon due to premature mechanical wear.

Read the other posts here in this thread.  I don't have issues with mine but apparently it doesn't affect the function of the gun.

Read the other posts here in this thread.  I don't have issues with mine but apparently it doesn't affect the function of the gun.

I did read through the thread and I understand that that piece is susceptible to breaking, even after the "revisions" that have been supposedly made in the newer models.

If I remember correctly, someone's PX4 started to have jams further down the road because the outer barrel chipped away at the contact point so much that the slide no longer pushed it back, so he used a WE thread adapter to serve as as contact point at the front, but I don't really fancy that.

I suppose Ill just see how far the gun takes me; it was really meant as a backup/loan gun anyways, but if yours is still holding up I guess I shouldn't worry too much.

I did read through the thread and I understand that that piece is susceptible to breaking, even after the "revisions" that have been supposedly made in the newer models.

If I remember correctly, someone's PX4 started to have jams further down the road because the outer barrel chipped away at the contact point so much that the slide no longer pushed it back, so he used a WE thread adapter to serve as as contact point at the front, but I don't really fancy that.

I suppose Ill just see how far the gun takes me; it was really meant as a backup/loan gun anyways, but if yours is still holding up I guess I shouldn't worry too much.

Well I'm not in the society anymore as it's a 1 year thing, but so far there hasn't been issues yet and I know they've been taken out to a couple of games already :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey garry! I have a compact one for a few months now, other than my grubby hand managing to break the pin on the hop chamber(the one that holds the ajustment wheel), everything has been peachy! Even with the broken pin she manages to hold just enough hop for 0.20's although i'm currently on the hunt for a replacement(might need to have one made, can't find this part anywhere).

The recoil is super snappy, the accuracy is pretty good once the hop-up nub has been re-bent slightly and on the compact the normal mags stick out of the magwell just a bit to give it that extended mag look i love about the m93r(for example).

I have fired around 500-700 bb's out of her and so far i have no major signs of wear, i thoroughy recomend it, with 2 slight footnotes.

1- be careful when you get to the hop-up, that pin snaps off like a twig if you are not careful

2- if you are the type to put supressors on pistols, you can give this one a pass(at least the compact), as the spring guide rod is too close to the outer barrel, hitting the supressor and knocking it off its threading. Almost ruined the guide rod figuring this out, even tried a ccw to cw adapter on top of the pistol adapter to give it a bit more clearence, but no dice.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

The paint is nicely applied with almost an RS look, as the XDM. It seems to hold up reasonably well for what it is. It's not wearing fast on the outer barrel or rotating breech at the moment. In saying that, it is what it is...Few manufacturers of either airsoft or air pistols seem to use a very durable coating (adds to the cost!!)

I epoxy coat pistols in my spare time for people anyway (which is very tough - harder than Duracoat) - so if and when mine wear, I'll just coat them.

The gun itself is pretty good, very solid and seems to have good tolerances. Kicks like a mule.

Yeh, quite impressed so far.