Best sites for non-beginners play in London

Kretschmer

I´m off to London on July 5th for a tenday, wife´s doing an English language course and I´d mostly have nothing to do every weekday morning.

I was thinking on taking some vest and clothes, even though I have to leave my firesticks behind, and look for a mostly mature site, rent an airsoft gun and spend some time every couple of days sweating at my favourite sport, both for training and fun, but I really don´t know where to start looking.

I´m 30 yo, fit, playing airsoft since 2002 and an Arnie´s member since 2005. My RIFs now are KSC´s mp7, USP, and m4a1, Marui p226, fully upgraded SOPMOD and WE M14 EBR, but I´ve owned or played practically anything in the course of these years. I play anything from fully loaded milsim to just-for-fun pistol matches.

So, if any like minded player plans to do the same and wants to show me the airsoft ropes around London, I´ll be honored to do the same in sunny Murcia whenever he feels like it. If not, I´d just manage with some advice on what sites to go to find a ( more or less) mature environment with likewise people. I just don´t want to stray into an anger management airsoft therapy site or into an airsoft kindergarten, I´m just looking to relax and have fun while seriously playing. And the post-match beers of course.

Thanks in advance mates

You will have to look into the law regarding importing airsoft guns into the UK first, check the VCRa section.

I recommend forest labs, especially the games run by FCS.

Bunker 51 and london bridge may still be running, but the sites aren't quite as good.

Bexley with FCS is good.

Please can I add an utterly insane amount of emphasis on 'With FCS' there. If it's a game run at the same site by EBZ/Elite/Elite Battle Zone, whatever they're calling themselves, just don't. Really, just don't.

Dont go to Bunker 51, not awful but just too small.

Bexley with FCS is good or if you want a 25 minute trip out of London go to the mall in Reading.

I live in milton keynes and I'd visit forest labs every week if I had any money.

Please can I add an utterly insane amount of emphasis on 'With FCS' there. If it's a game run at the same site by EBZ/Elite/Elite Battle Zone, whatever they're calling themselves, just don't. Really, just don't.

Can not agree more .. only time I have ever left a day early was at an EBZ game....

Can not agree more .. only time I have ever left a day early was at an EBZ game....

Considering the opening day and subsequent stories and reports, I'm pretty set in the belief that a certain proprietor of aforementioned establishment is well on the way to doing Airsoft no good whatsoever.

Bunker 51 is worth one visit, but its too small to go to twice, it gets old fast. a 4 hour game day is enough.

London bridge, if airsoft games are still running there, is far to simple a site. As soon as we knew the layout the 5 of us where able to go against the entire 20+ others on site and stop them from leaving their regen point.(granted 100% of them where new to airsoft, but many where paintballers). We even backed up to our regen point and 30 seconds later where, again, stopping them from leaving theirs simply due to the simplicity of the layout. It also has a variety of smells that must be experienced to be believed. Probably not worth one visit and I'd never go back.

forest labs run by EBZ have dropped their game due to the insistence on semi-auto only across the majority of games, mainly due to the wingers. It needs several grown up, proper, CQBers to go regularly to turn it around. FCS on the other hand is good as it is :D.

(the site is called Forest Labs, it is in Bexley and games are run by EBZ and FCS, just to clear up any confusion)

OK, Forrest Labs is the site in Bexley, it is an old chemical factory/laboratory. It's pretty grotty but fundamentally safe, I've been there around 10 times.

EBZ are the lease holders to the site and they run games there. Never been to one of their games but the forum was full of negative experiences after the trial game they offered for free to test out said facility.

FCS (Firefight Combat Services) is run by Andy and his merry bunch of men, they just rent the site off EBZ every month, apart from that, there is no connection between both parties.

FCS run a good mixture of tactical scenarios and all out action games.

I would highly recommend FCS to anyone thinking about playing a game in the South East of England.

Also, they run very realistic CQB training days too. In fact, Faramon and anyone else who is interested, they are running said event in The Mall this September.

And no, I am not on FCS's payroll tongue.gif

forest labs run by EBZ have ....

...Allowed the BBC in to film an unrelated documentary, referring immediately to a player in a Psychopathic clown mask with an AK47 and labelling airsofters as 'Gunman', with little explanation of the game. Imagine the daily mail sees that?

...Allowed at least one 355FPS AEG onto the site, and probably dozens more - The one I know of has been used by a marshall there for months before he attended Ace combat; The gun Chrono'd 355FPS or so on a .2BB, after having been used on several occasions at both EBZ sites. The opening day the owner's safety briefing was a few minutes, and he paid absolutely no heed to people leaving KWA Mp7 mags in bright sunlight AFTER chrono'ing.

...Allows people to kick doors in, leading to a kid ending up with a seriously broken face.

Basically, EBZ is irresponsible, dangerous, run by someone with no real knowledge of Airsoft skirmishing and solely intended for financial gain. I'm not just some pee'd off customer after a bad day either; I put countless hours of work into opening the site and arranging the opening day in the hope it'd be an amazing site 5 minutes down the road. What it's become under EBZ's direction is frankly a liability; It's only a matter of time until a serious injury jacks up insurance premiums or an unthinking player wanders over the road to the shops with a holstered sidearm.

Back on topic.

If you dont mind a short train ride/drive outside of london there are a fair few sites you could try.

Elite Action Games (not to be confused with EBZ mentioned above) run a wednesday evening game at their underground CQB site in Epsom. They also have a woodland site in Dorking.

First and Only Airsoft have an excellent site in Reading called "The Mall", which is a CQB site in a old shopping mall.

First and Only Airsoft have an excellent site in Reading called "The Mall", which is a CQB site in a old shopping mall.

I am not bias ... I just happen to play there for nearly all my games .... so ... this .. again :D

It's all about the basement creeping! :P

Love the Basements.

I had no idea EBZ was so irresponsible. That's very worrying news.

A large number of the marshalling staff are 18 year old Ace Combat players who were lured into 'marshalling' for free with the promise of 25% off WE and ICS kit... Not that they're bad guys or anything like that, but they don't have any real marshalling experience... It's just bad.

*edit* Just to keep it on track - The mall is indeed an awesome site, especially if you're holding the staircase on the other side of that big shop I've forgotten the name of. I ran out of rounds before I ran out of targets...

Archived