A few days ago I recieved my package from UPS about 5 minutes after I got out of bed. The package included: CM047C, Smart Charger, An Echo 1 Ak74 Hi-Cap, and Revision Desert Locust Goggles. This review is but an initial review, I'll post updates here once the gun goes through a couple thousand rounds. Sorry, but all the pictures are from my Cell Phone. Also, sorry about the lack of a dissasembly, as this is my first AEG.

The Ak-74M is the Assault Rifle of the Modern Russian Federation. While some AKMs still are in service, and AK74s, the 74M is their standard at least on paper. Unlike preview AKs, the 74M comes in black synthetic furniture. All Ak74s fire a 5.45 mm round that gives the AK accuracy much better than the 47, and makes it more controllable on fully automatic.

1-1.jpg

The AK-74M is a pretty heavy gun. It weighs around 9 or 10 pounds. Everything but the pistol grip, stock, and handguard are metal. The Plastic used on here is pretty nice, it feels durable, and it has a nice texture. Pretty ergonomic for an AK. The only wobble on here is a tiny bit on the stock and mag that aren't really noticeable. The handguard is rock solid, no wobble whatsoever. Only problem I have had at all yet is that the charging handle gets stuck back, because the nut attached to the spring comes loose. All you gotta do is push it back with a screwdriver, and it's fine. The battery cover/rear receiver is kind of a pain to reattach at first, but it gets easier.

3-1.jpg

There is the handguard, very comfortable and solid feeling. The paint on the metal isn't extremely strong, but the scratches give it more character. The Folding Full stock is an awesome feature, as you have a rifle that can be DMR length nearly, and then fold the stock and have a gun nearly the size of an AKS-74u.

12.jpg

Showing off the short length the folding stock can be provided. I had no problem getting through my crowded garage, and believe me, no CQB field is that tight. The orange flash hider isn't that bad, it's barely noticeable.

2-2.jpg

My gun shoots around 377 FPS, but it runs from 350-80ish generally. Accuracy is good out to 200 feet, and it shoots fairly straight. ROF is pretty good. The selector switch is in Cyrillic, like most AKs; Safe at the top, then Automatic, then Semi-Automatic.

9.jpg

The iron sights are pretty good, they're adjustable, both metal. The front sight is nice, and the rear one is usable, but not exactly necessary.

7-1.jpg

with stock folded

8.jpg

Stock Extended

Hopefully this gun won't fail me soon, and as I've been told, CYMAs above the Cm039 are insanely good.

[editline]18th July 2011[/editline]

10.jpg

Edited by Kman1