WE AK series more info

faramon

And what with WE's later GBBR's and the huge gas capacity of AK mags, I reckon this might actually be a good entry into the world of GBBR's...

This is what I'm thinking, reckon waiting for this over the G39 is an idea?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends on what you are after style wise, what your lbv/rig can deal with mag wise and how you wish to use it.

If you want a GBBR you can use all year around i would still go for the G39, the heavy recoil and steel construction of the ak would put me off winter use.

Mags and looks/style don't really bother me, but good call on the steel build, I might wait to see how the CO2 holds up, tis expensive though :mellow: might just jib and get a G39 after all...argh I hate airsoft sometimes :s

does anyone know the size of the mags they going to hold 30rds? or they going to have more due to the size of the mags. Also not sure im liking the mag catchs im pritty sure people wil be out in the heat of battle and all of a there going to get a dead mans click from the new mag they just inserted.

does anyone know the size of the mags they going to hold 30rds? or they going to have more due to the size of the mags.

I do hope they are larger or at least have the option to "replace the spring" like the M14 which increases the capacity from 20 to 30. Having the option to change from 30 to 50 or so would be awesome

*le sigh* your WA fanboism has no place in this thread.

There was NOTHING in that video to indicate that it was suffering from cooldown that would make 50 rounds impractical as a magazine capacity. And besides if you whine about unloading 50 rounds at a time, learn to aim :P

This looks very interesting, WA fanboi rubbish aside that is.

Jeez, you are sure to jump the *fruitcage* gun. I wasn't being a WA fanboy. Why do you always do this? I'm only saying WE tend to stick to real capacity. Sure there wasn't any indication of cool down but he only showed 2-3 round bursts...If they can produce a steel AK with full bolt travel that doesn't suffer from cool down I would be very impressed and add one to my collection without a doubt even if it's a WE :P

dead mans click

I'm pretty sure the lever only comes up when the mag follower pushes it up. It stays up though so you need to manually push it down after reloading a magazine full of bbs, which would be in a low stress area like the safe zone. So as long as you remember to push them down on every mag before going into the field, you wouldn't have to worry about prematurely ###### your pants.

I would have thought they'd keep it at 30. It doesn't look like it would be able to handle 50 rounds.

Shoot about 30, change mags, and know that you still have some BBs left in the one you have warming up. Win-win.

Best case scenario is a removable spacer, so realcap weenies and practical skirmishers are both happy.

I'm pretty sure the lever only comes up when the mag follower pushes it up. It stays up though so you need to manually push it down after reloading a magazine full of bbs, which would be in a low stress area like the safe zone. So as long as you remember to push them down on every mag before going into the field, you wouldn't have to worry about prematurely ###### your pants.

Hopefully it stays put; the "dry fire" switches on their M4 mags have a nasty tendency to move out of position (until I Superglued them).

The gun looks nice, but it's a new WE---so sit back, relax, and wait for the field reports. James Chan never posted any YouTube clips of a lower snapping in half, a brand new mag venting all its gas, a nozzle breaking, BBs flying every which way, a trigger group failing, and so forth.

RE mag capacity, WE aim for realistic magazine capacity and leave extended mags for third party manufacturers. James stated this in one of his video interviews from a few months back. SO pretty sure it will be ~30 rounds only.

The bestest news is that the MP5 then will almost certainly also feature the fireing pin blocking system, w00t. I feel bad for SRC, VFC and whomever else just released AKs and MP5s :|

this is exactly why they waited. and thank me, i gave them the idea back when they were just talking about the models they wanted to do. (well, i like to think i did. they didnt tell me weather or not they thought of it before i told them the idea)

not TOO happy with the way they did it though. i stick my mags in my pouches upside down, will drawing the mag out accidentally flick the hammer stop back up? this must be answered.

not TOO happy with the way they did it though. i stick my mags in my pouches upside down, will drawing the mag out accidentally flick the hammer stop back up? this must be answered.

Who doesn't store mags in their pouches upside-down? I'm sure they'll have put the mags in to some MOLLE pouches at some point or other during the entire production process, can't see them getting something that basic wrong.

Archived