WE AK series more info

faramon

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well if you can name me anymainstream manufacturer (gas or elecrtic) that dosnt have so called upgraded parts made for their models??

i still say you are talking rubbish

RealSword, because they do not need any upgrade.

Rubbish? I did not "talk" potmetal parts into WE gas guns.

My two SRC G36s have been just great. But MANY other people say theirs broke down/do not perform well...etc.

You get what you paid for; there is a chance for WE to make the AK decently(like they did with the G36), or they may simply fail.

You know, because reminding people to not have too high of hope for WE is completely rubbish; WE is the best. Always win never lose. :rolleyes:

RealSword, because they do not need any upgrade.

Rubbish? I did not "talk" potmetal parts into WE gas guns.

My two SRC G36s have been just great. But MANY other people say theirs broke down/do not perform well...etc.

You get what you paid for; there is a chance for WE to make the AK decently(like they did with the G36), or they may simply fail.

You know, because reminding people to not have too high of hope for WE is completely rubbish; WE is the best. Always win never lose. :rolleyes:

real sword huh? so good they have to bring out their own upgrade parts http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/real-sword-gear-shim-set.html and since when have real sword been a main stream maufactuer?

id love to know what your experiance of we gbb's is do you even own one?

keep talking rubbish the hole your digging will make a great foxhole

WE have come along in leaps and bounds. Of the WE's I've seen adn used. The original WE 1911 is well. Pants. The L85 has mixed reviews, for some, it falls to bits OOTB, others it works fine, I've not got my mitts on one yet to see if it needs tinkering or scrapping in general, the G39 was quite frankyl amazing, I wish I'd snuck it home.

If this is based of the G39 (which I am led to believe it is) by all accounts, it'll be bloody fantastic.

real sword huh? so good they have to bring out their own upgrade parts http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/real-sword-gear-shim-set.html and since when have real sword been a main stream maufactuer?

id love to know what your experiance of we gbb's is do you even own one?

keep talking rubbish the hole your digging will make a great foxhole

1. You linked to shims. Try harder.

2. Since RealSword came out with amazing stuff ranging from all sorts of Chinese/Russian weaponry and electric blowback M4 with interesting system.

3. Keep using bad capitalization, grammar, and punctuation; perhaps that will make you sound smarter.

4. No, I do not own a WE since they did not many any East-bloc weaponry until now. But, ever since they announced the AK, I have been reading all the possible issues on a Taiwanese forum(where the majority of discussion revolves around GBBR); and I was surprised at all the issues they had. The few example of good WE that worked perfectly out of the box did not change the fact that even some TW, owner of several WE of different generations(apparently WE likes to do "small updates" and there are many revisions other than open/closed bolt version difference), admitted that they are the budget rifles that need a bunch of investment to get to working/ideal skirmishing condition.

Logic suggests that WE may fail on the AK.

This is a new system that GHK even admitted that "it was difficult to make the bolt travel back fully/with strong blowback without affecting durability." That is GHK - the first ones to make Gas-in-mag AKs-74 system and later did a almost perfect job with their AKM(due to LCT's externals); they do not lack the funds for R&D of full-bolt travel.

By the way, if anyone is interested, here is the first review of WE AK:

http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-99044-1-1.html

As expected, more potmetal than GHK... Only the receiver, stock, top cover, selector switch, gas tube, and muzzle brake(+thread adaptor) are steel(not bad, but that is like old GHK level).

Looks good when considering its sub-$300 price tag. But they put in all those "tacticool" parts...

No word on reliability test, yet(obviously).

There are a few really annoying problems: Tula star, selector position(most manufacturers have this problem), and the trigger guard(screwed in...)...

And there, I was right about WE. No need to even see the internals; they OBVIOUSLY failed to do research on real AK externals.

One of the most attracting features of a GBB is the realsteel-spec pistol grip. WE have it, that is one step forward; but it took three steps back with the markings, selector switch positions, and trigger guard group's angle as well as attachment method.

Hmm... you were right in what, when I read your conclusion I get mostly positives... ?

And what is the deal with the selector lever, it doesn't click into place (as seen in James' video) ?

And what about the trigger guard being screwed in, why is that a negative ?

Too bad google translate couldn't handle taiwanese but from the pics I like what I am seeing.

Time will tell.

Thanks for the info though.

Unfortunately I cannot read chinese nor does google translate do a good job of trying.

Going by the pictures though I am still very much looking forward to this!

Its unfortunate that potmetal is still being used but its WE, it works in my G39 so I sure hope it works for the AK.

EDIT:

Lots of internals pics in this thread:

http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-99046-1-1.html

Does everyone in Taiwan have their own photo studio? Can't believe how awesome all the pics are on those sites :D

The gun looks really REALLY nice. Will hold out until I see CO2 mags around and some more feedback, but, gotta have it.

Oh yeah, I can't believe there isn't a rubber buffer on that recoil rod, is the bolt carrier seriously going to slam back against the guide rod holder without anything in between ? :o

So, OK, they used pot metal to keep the costs down, it will work for alot of casual players and plinkers, heavy users will have to get RA Tech steel parts down the line, but what gun is perfect straight from the factory, really...

Hmm... you were right in what, when I read your conclusion I get mostly positives... ?

And what is the deal with the selector lever, it doesn't click into place (as seen in James' video) ?

And what about the trigger guard being screwed in, why is that a negative ?

Too bad google translate couldn't handle taiwanese but from the pics I like what I am seeing.

Time will tell.

Thanks for the info though.

Trigger guard, as far as I know, should be riveted into the receiver instead of with screw.

I was right in that WE messed up, at least externally.

The gun looks really REALLY nice. Will hold out until I see CO2 mags around and some more feedback, but, gotta have it.

So, OK, they used pot metal to keep the costs down, it will work for alot of casual players and plinkers, heavy users will have to get RA Tech steel parts down the line, but what gun is perfect straight from the factory, really...

I was referring to the external parts that were made with potmetal.

Basically, to get this rifle in the ideal condition; one must spend money on both externals and internals...

Remember, when GHK AKM came out, a load of players were whining about outer barrel being aluminum.

And GHK AKM is more perfect from the factory due to the externals, at least.

So far, it looked like the barrel on WE may not be potmetal; but the rear sight block, at least, is. That would be pretty important because the top cover is connected to it.

I liked what I was seeing with the steel parts' finishes, but the potmetal parts obviously stood out like sore thumbs.

The problem is with the consistency of the finish.

Also, siderail mount seemed to be riveted on...which means replacing it with steel one is going to be really difficult(and detracts points for the receiver, which was a nice piece on its own).

I am waiting to hear from someone who will test the front/rear trunnion. Because those parts really cannot be made from potmetal and be expected to not break.

so your complaining about how unrealistic the gun is on the outside? so what. all i care about is if the gun works and delivers on performance. if its got a trigger group directly out of the G36, im happy, it just means it will be reliable(i can see that its not the case, but you see my point)

i want companies to step back from making something ultra realistic and make something that delivers on kick, reliability and performance. as long as it looks like the rifle on the outside (materials and markings aside), has a good weight and delvers the same functionality, its cool.

your saying that the gun will fail, and im worried that your talking in total like the older closed bolt system. but your just talking about the aesthetics and your obviously peeved about the tactical bits.

now, im not saying that your wrong, but denouncing a product for its aesthetics has always bothered me. im still on the wall about it myself. if it ever proves to be a solid rifle, ill pick one up weather or not it ends up looking completely correct. ill end up raping it with the tactical stick in the end anyway.

i don't want to go on too much of a rant here and this isn't necessarily aimed at you adadqgg, i'm just a little worked up, but i cant stand purists. you really think the red army themselves care what their gun looks like? you think they care what makings are on there rifle or weather it comes from Pakistan, Yugoslavia, Chechnya, China, Russia or the USA? you think they care if its wood or plastic, Steel or pot metal? no, if it feels like AK, they will work AK to the ground.

^This does not have much to do with purism.

The problem is that they cut cost by using potmetal parts. However, they added those extra stuff onto the gun...

Don't you think they should have kept the extra stuff off the gun and used more steel parts instead?

Cost-cutting is already done by using polymer handguard, yet...they added in that magwell thing and the "tacticool" selector switch.

I am complaining about the external details because:

getting the marking right is not that difficult...it does not take advanced manufacturing technique...just what they had used all along.

Same with selector position; airsoft industry has already managed to produce AK receiver with the correct positions(VFC).

If Dboys can make cast-steel, so can WE(perhaps at least keep the scope rail screwed instead of riveted if they are going to make it potmetal???).

The lack of attention to detail simply meant that WE did not do much research on the realsteel rifle. They could have easily corrected these things and made their AK a lot more correct-looking(realistic selector position is not rare...VFC already have these; yet...WE did not know).

All I was saying is that there is a chance that the gun will fail.

I am more excited for new AK(hopefully good) than anybody; but seeing WE's unfaithful(to realism) product just disappoints me.

I am actually somewhat okay with the potmetal parts on the AKs-74u since it is short and fsb/rsb are together(less potmetal part overall).

The problem is that I CANNOT replace the riveted sidemout or the front/rear trunnion, without making huge modifications. Thus, it makes the total cost of this WE(rifle + laminated wood handguard + 7 extra mags + internal upgrades + external upgrades) to stack up very, very high. I tried to convince myself that "yeah, I can get this and add in wooden handguard + realsteel parts and bring it to EastWind with 8 co2 mags for shooting the capitalists in the cold with some recoil for teh lulz"...but I just cannot do it.

Sounds like you are expecting an INOKATSU from WE. It's just not going to happen. For me, WE produce affordable, fun, full metal guns. Authenticety and CNC steel/aluminum has never been their key trademark... So I don't understand why you are so upset about the AK following their product philosophy. There will be compromises in order to achieve a ~300 USD full metal AK replica with gas blowback in the amount of time that they have done it. Could it be better ? Of course, but then we'd have to wait another 6-12 months, and pay another 100 USD, and so on and so forth. They draw the line somewhere and I feel, lately, they have been doing a good job in judging their line.

:o

Sounds like you are expecting an INOKATSU from WE. It's just not going to happen. For me, WE produce affordable, fun, full metal guns. Authenticety and CNC steel/aluminum has never been their key trademark... So I don't understand why you are so upset about the AK following their product philosophy. There will be compromises in order to achieve a ~300 USD full metal AK replica with gas blowback in the amount of time that they have done it. Could it be better ? Of course, but then we'd have to wait another 6-12 months, and pay another 100 USD, and so on and so forth. They draw the line somewhere and I feel, lately, they have been doing a good job in judging their line.

:o

I am expecting WE to be more faithful to realism. Not Inokatsu.

Example: Dboys full-steel AK actually does have the steel parts on everything but the barrel and trigger, it cost about $70 more.

WE probably could have made a full-steel version(not CNCed steel, just cast) or at least used a little more steel part by taking away those extra stuff.

They can compromise their internals all they want(and they kind of did)...replacing those require far less effort than riveting/deriveting parts off the receiver and filing/dremel the parts to fit...

if you're TAHT bothered by the rivets, drill them out, then it'll be off in no time :D

I'm liking the look of this, I won't get THIS one becuase short Ak's are for gays.. or normal people I forget (que huge internet flame war) but I will, should this not prove to disintegrate itself within minutes of firing, Have one of the Full Length AK variants, prefferably an AKM or AIMS.

I am expecting WE to be more faithful to realism.

I don't understand why you expect this, there is nothing in their past to indicate that they would strive in that direction... At least not in regards to the points that you point out.

Also, 70$ dollars more is a huge price bump (1/3rd or 1/4th of the total price) for WE and would put off alot of potential customers, thus meaning decreased sales. There is a HUUUGE marketing strategy from WE in keeping most of their GBBRs in the 200-300 USD range.

I think you need to understand the business end of WEs products and philosophy rather than expecting perfection from them.

Adding on the tactical stuff over the full metal/steel components, which do you think attract customers more ? (well maybe not so much die hard straight edge AK fans who are bothered by those additions).

For me, as a non AK fanboi/purist, I like the added tactical stuff on the weapon.

I don't understand why you expect this, there is nothing in their past to indicate that they would strive in that direction... At least not in regards to the points that you point out.

Also, 70$ dollars more is a huge price bump (1/3rd or 1/4th of the total price) for WE and would put off alot of potential customers, thus meaning decreased sales. There is a HUUUGE marketing strategy from WE in keeping most of their GBBRs in the 200-300 USD range.

I think you need to understand the business end of WEs products and philosophy rather than expecting perfection from them.

Adding on the tactical stuff over the full metal/steel components, which do you think attract customers more ? (well maybe not so much die hard straight edge AK fans who are bothered by those additions).

For me, as a non AK fanboi/purist, I like the added tactical stuff on the weapon.

You know, all WE needed to do is to take a look at a VFC AKs-74u to get correct enough externals...

The rifle is what attracts customers, not the add-on...because Add-ons can be acquired anywhere, anyday.

Other WE worked because they are cheap to get, and can be fully upgraded to competing level with the higher end gbbr both externally and internally, even the M14 is getting a full-steel external upgrade - the receiver. The AK...not so much; working on rivets is more easy to screw up than working with screws, and getting the receiver's selector position to be correct is going to take a lot more effort.

Anyway, I am waiting to see if they would fix anything in the longer versions.

because the m14 has been out for quite a while and the AK hasn't been released yet maybe?

No, because the majority in Taiwan is a bunch of people who install tacticool accesories on everything and do not care whether those parts are steel or not. They also love M14 a lot more because Taiwan used to make a copy of that.

There's one, singular extremely simple reason WE haven't bothered with making their externals look exactly RS spec perfect:

That vast majority of people don't even have the knowledge to begin to notice such inaccuracies, and they're never going to care about it enough to bother finding out about the issue either. WE are a business, and the same as most businesses, they're going to output the models that they think will sell the best and net them the most cash, it's highly unlikely that they give a *fruitcage* about anything else.

If you're a fan of super accuracy and realism, that's fine, that's your choice and if there's one thing I believe in it's freedom of choice. It's just that most people, aren't fussed. That's not going to change, and whether you think that the weapons that WE are manufacturing are the ideal ones or not, they obviously think they're going to sell well, and that's what matters to them so that's what they're going to go with.

In YOUR OPINION, it's not the best design, that's cool, I can understand your points. However, WE will be quite a way along in their manufacturing process by now. If you're honest with yourself you can surely see that continually arguing with people here on arnies about the fact that you personally don't like their design decisions, isn't going to change anything at this point, is it now? You've said your piece, we've all read it multiple times, maybe let it lie just a tad eh? Dead horses don't need any more flogging.

Archived