Fenix TK12 Tactical Light Long Term Review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udxsLJk97tc

This review covers a number of topics to feel free to skip around to sections of interest.

- How I use the light- Basic strategy

- Size and Weight- Firepower

- Quality and Features- Ergonomics

- Performance and Reliability

- Accessories in the box

- Optional Accessories

- Pros and Cons

- Final thoughts

Pros

- Good value for a "real steel" tactical light

- performs reasonably well

- when used properly, can give you an edge in CQB

- strobe and 280 max setting is really "annoying, distracting"

- good design, not revolutionary though

Cons

- At 70USD, a bit high for airsoft (you don't need real steel reliability for airsoft though it is nice)

- interface is not very intuitive for hi stress situations, I don't recommend switching modes during a fire fight

- Battery efficiency: at 280 lumens, batteries will be dry in 10 minutes as advertised, also electronics will be overheating

Final ThoughtsI am not an expert by any means on tactical lights, though I feel this light has served me well during the last 9 months. I bought this in reaction to the number of tactical lights popping up at my local CQB field. It turns your bbs into tracer rounds when used indoors. I am happy with this light but am aware of newer, more efficient and tactical minded lights are on the market at the same price point. Hope this review helps when choosing your own light / torch.

Edited by Ballistic Tsunami Airsoft