VFC MP5 (Umarex Licensed)

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here we go.       23 rounds in one burst, 6:30pm and normal early April breeze.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7qw7MiKius&feature=youtu.be     AP.

PDW conversion kit for VFC MP5k   Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Mine shoots like a charm and I have it for two years now.Well I don't field it every weekend but I do some firing every once in a while.

Posted Images

How silly, in this day everything should be made to run off propane! Since that is the gas of choice for most players!

Seriously after about 6 mags the nozzle deformed, the VFC one lasted around 30 mags before deformation.

Im not buying another damn nozzle so Ive had a go a reinforcing it with JB Weld see how that runs.

I really hate mag designs when they are double stack at the top, they should all feed into a single stack. They work much better.

Hahaha cheers man. So far it is working bloody well except for the damn nozzle issue (which im currently working on using a sanded screw as a follower).

Once thats done and I can get at least 5 mags out of it with no jams or problems ill start working on the inconsistancy of shots.

Out of interest what kind of range are people getting from theirs? Im getting around 40 - 50ft of accurate (could hit man size target) when its being consistant that is.

hahaha its been gruling work. Lots of burns, cuts, bruises even 4 stitches!

So far -

Mag leaking issues - 100%

Bolt - 70% - The lumi weld has held up to about 500 rounds thus far with very minimal ware, either way its about 70% better than the stock and easy and quick to replace/repair. I think the ware that happend first was due to me making it a little too largesince i filed it a little more theres pretty much none but ill report in the future obvs. The high grit sanding has worked wonders too, cycle is so smooth!

Nozzle - WIP but there is another new CNC Aluminium Nozzle on Tokyo Model Co. for ~$50 which doesnt look to bad but im running low on cash now...

Hop Unit - Still a inconsistant what im working on after the nozzle. Going to wet & dry the 'feed channel' see if that solves some of the jamming issues or at should help it to get the rounds in there a little easier.

Personally had zero trigger mech problems so nothing to report there :D

Though I have been working on this for some time and making some decent progress if I cant get it to fire 4/5 magazines without issue then it may have to go due to just being not reliable enough... I hope it doesnt come to this.

Either way I managed to mod it to fit, though don't have a chrono just yet so can't quite tell.

Consitancy is also a little better due to this though, which is nice.

What are you basing your consistency conclusions on without a chrono? In my mind, a liquid charge gun is firing consistently when variation in power out is at its lowest. I recommend taking chrono readings of at least 20 shots and checking the mean, mode, and median. They should be nearly the same. I've notice some upgrade parts actually makes things worse.

"Consistently" without failure doesn't amount to much (for me) as it's hard to quantify...it's one person's opinion on how reliable a gun is. That is all judgement (i.e. my idea of reliable, might be another person's un-reliable).

However Im having another problem.. My MP5 seems to be eating nozzles, all in the same place aswell.

Anyone else having this issue?

I haven't broken a single nozzle (used both stock and Azimuth...using the Azimuth now, but the stock one never failed). Maybe your recoil spring is too strong? Not aligned properly so it's hitting the magazine lip?

How silly, in this day everything should be made to run off propane! Since that is the gas of choice for most players!

The choice of your gas should depend on the temperature, the power out put, and modifications you've made. If you tune your gun to run on propane during the summer, it may stop working once there is a significant temperature drop. You can tune your gun to run on one propellant despite the changes in temperature, but it usually comes at a cost of power and/or performance.

Accuracy has never been good...my stock Marui P226 is more accurate at longer ranges, so I've been using it as a CQB gun.

Good luck.

Edited by BaBaBooey

When i say consistancy i dont mean FPS variation i mean the actual rounds firing in a consistant fashion. Not just dropping after 30ft, or randomly over hoping or under hoping etc... Thats what I mean :)

What could cause it to be misaligned? It wont be the sanding since that would have taken less than .0.5mm off

When i say consistancy i dont mean FPS variation i mean the actual rounds firing in a consistant fashion. Not just dropping after 30ft, or randomly over hoping or under hoping etc... Thats what I mean :)

What could cause it to be misaligned? It wont be the sanding since that would have taken less than .0.5mm off

Were you having random hop issues on the stock gun? I haven't tested past 25 feet, but I never noticed a significant change in the path of the bb (maybe it is happening, but I just don't notice it...I always thought the inaccuracies was due to cool down). I do find the hop extremely difficult to adjust and not one of the best. FYI, mine is an MP5A2...all VFC stock parts except for the slightly shorter buffer and Azimuth nozzle/magazine followers. I did have the metal cylinder, but went back to the plastic as I felt it didn't do anything.

Your nozzle can get damaged if the it's not fitted correctly over the piston...even the slightest change can begin to damage it. I do understand that most guns are tolerant to these kinds of variation than others...the Mp5 might not be one of them. Clean and double check the assembly to the entire blowback unit. Maybe swap the recoil springs? A chrono also helps in trouble shooting.

To be honest, I have never damaged a loading nozzle yet. Not even the original one, the azimuth holds up just fine.

Bankz your fix could be this.

http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=570_647&products_id=15150

It's a little lip that is inserted into the loading nozzle so it doesn't deform.

Thanks for all the input on how to fix the gun, I am going to take it apart on the weekend.

I had a similar problem recently when i tried (and failed at) installing an aluminum hopup unit.

After failing to figure out how exactly the new hopup was supposed to attach, as it didn't seem to actually fit the inner barrel, I reinstalled the original hopup. However, I installed it incorrectly. When the inner barrel was inserted into the outer barrel, the hopup unit stuck out from the outer barrel by about 1/16th of an inch. when I had the gun fully reassembled, the gun was firing erratically, double feeding, and jamming constantly. Within about 100 shots, the loading nozzle had bent and was chewed up.

I decided to take it apart again, and was able to fit the hopup again so that it sat flush with the outer barrel end. when I assembled it again, and bent the nozzle back, it again worked fine, and even the broken nozzle is still loading BBs just fine, though I have a new one on the way.

So, check your hopup and make sure it is installed correctly and isnt sitting too far out from the outer barrel. it could possibly be causing that.

I checked out the Hop Unit which is fine and sitting properly so its not that. Also checked the rubber, not that either.

Half the time now the bolt isnt actually returning to battery properly, a problem I had in the first place when it ate my first Poly Nozzle.

Also on further examination it does appear the bbs are infact damaging the nozzle feed lip, the nozzle hole (where the gas comes from) is perfect no trouble there.

Yes, I have that kit. Its of quite nice quality. the only issue I found was that the lower receiver becomes a bit loose since the tolerances arent quite as tight as the original VFC lower. Though, in my case, I was able to fix this by adding a small amount of black electrical tape to the rear shelf of the lower, where the stock slides over it. And also I added some tape to the inside of the metal cylinder that the front pushpin of the lower receiver fits. This removed all wiggle from the lower receiver.

As for the front grip, I didn't get it with the set, because I had a real HK slim foregrip already which fits just fine. I would imagine that the SOC one isn't quite as nice as the real one, which feels like it may as well be carved from stone. You can get a real slim foregrip for about $40 USD usually, so if thats possible to get in your country you might look into it. But otherwise, the quality of the lower receiver was just fine, so I imagine the front grip should be quite nice as well.

After about 20 mags my loading nozzle broke, but after reading I expected this to happen. What I want to know is which loading nozzle would you guys recommend?

Nylon reinforced nozzle http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=570_647&products_id=14382

or Aluminium nozzle http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=8271

ok, so I figured out why the aluminum hopup chamber wouldnt fit. It wasnt designed to work with the standard hopup rubber. However, they dont say which kind it *is* supposed to work with. Does anyone have any ideas? maybe it needs an AEG hopup rubber?

Reason Im doing this again is because, like some others, my gun is chewing up loading nozzles now. I figured the only thing it could be is that its somehow colliding with either the hopup or the loading ramp. So I changed out the hopup by cutting down a standard hop up rubber. But, of course it was only to see if it would work, it just spits out BBs like 20 feet now because the rubber is malformed after cutting. The standard hopup rubber sits too far off the end of the inner barrel for the chamber to reach locking position so I need something with a shorter "nub" at the end.

So, any suggestions for a decent hop up rubber?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, After a bit of experimenting, I narrowed down some of the problems my Mp5 is having.

It started firing erratically and jamming every other shot. It seems that the BB's are becoming jammed on the loading ramp. I did a quick polishing with some emery cloth and very fine steel wool, which improved things alot, but the gun is still jamming rounds every 10 or so shots.

I get the feeling that the feed ramp section is damaged and have contacted VFC about getting a replacement part, though I have received no response yet. Im hoping they do get back to me though.

I did the same to mine, though could not get more than 10 rounds a mag....

It seems that VFC have lived up to there name, fantastic externals and internals made of cheese.

While I managed to solve the mag leaking issue, stupidly fast wearing bolt issue, adjustable velocity issue (before NPAS) along with the hop issue. I'd never buy another VFC GBBR.

While it is a fantastic GBB-SMG as well as being unique for the price of above $500.00 it has far far too many issues to make it a reliable skirmishable weapon, by the standards of a AEG or even a WE.

well to be honest I don't really blame VFC for my gun not working. After paying that much for it, I decided I should upgrade all the internals so that it would last. It was only after I tried changing the hopup that it stopped working right. So I feel like Ive done this myself and I cant really blame VFC, since it worked flawlessly before that.

Of course, I would still like to have it work right again. It just seems that nothing I try has made it work. Like I said, the polishing on the feed ramp did help a large amount but its still getting hang-ups. as if something is not properly aligned. I just cant find what that is.

Edit: Also I have terrible luck with airsoft guns. I had a KSC M9 that didnt work out of the box. And a GHK AKM that jams BB's in almost the same fashion as the Mp5 does, and I didnt even touch anything internally on that. It seems like the more i pay for a gun, the less it works.

Edited by Brigg

well to be honest I don't really blame VFC for my gun not working. After paying that much for it, I decided I should upgrade all the internals so that it would last. It was only after I tried changing the hopup that it stopped working right. So I feel like Ive done this myself and I cant really blame VFC, since it worked flawlessly before that.

Of course, I would still like to have it work right again. It just seems that nothing I try has made it work. Like I said, the polishing on the feed ramp did help a large amount but its still getting hang-ups. as if something is not properly aligned. I just cant find what that is.

Edit: Also I have terrible luck with airsoft guns. I had a KSC M9 that didnt work out of the box. And a GHK AKM that jams BB's in almost the same fashion as the Mp5 does, and I didnt even touch anything internally on that. It seems like the more i pay for a gun, the less it works.

What BBs do you use? Have you tried switching brands? Because that may be the cause of your jams.