VFC MP5 (Umarex Licensed)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here we go.       23 rounds in one burst, 6:30pm and normal early April breeze.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7qw7MiKius&feature=youtu.be     AP.

PDW conversion kit for VFC MP5k   Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Mine shoots like a charm and I have it for two years now.Well I don't field it every weekend but I do some firing every once in a while.

Posted Images

I own this with 4 mags, however every one of those mags were leaking, and it suffered cool down really badly... when I was in Hong Kong, during summer.... don't have the tools over there to fix anything, but this platform needs to have a fair number of revisiting by VFC.

Edited by blobface
  • 2 weeks later...

bbs destroyed, i just fixed it perfectly by filing the each loading ramp edges a bit wider to make sure when a bb pushed by the loading nozzle into the chamber it won't hit the loading ramp's edges. No need to buy a new steel loading ramp (chamber ramp)!

• 2 months later...

so i just bought this gbb smg and so far loving it. i noticed how the selector switch dosent really feel like it solidly clicks in... kinda mushy. im thinking those precision cnc machined selector axels will fix the problem. has anyone tried and installed those? i already ordered a new nozzle and cylinder as i hear those are the weakest parts. was also going to lightly sand and polish the feed ramp to the hop up.. is there anything im missing to make this gbb smg more reliable?

I just don't know why manufacturers make these awesome guns, but don't make them indestructible... I guess it's because they know people will pay for parts to fix them... it's a money hog... I guess that makes the manufacturers the winners of this... And if they make the perfect one, why would they make a newer version?

I just don't know why manufacturers make these awesome guns, but don't make them indestructible... I guess it's because they know people will pay for parts to fix them... it's a money hog... I guess that makes the manufacturers the winners of this... And if they make the perfect one, why would they make a newer version?

Even the biggest worlwide companies follow this strategy...A classic example is Apple...

• Like 1

I'm really thinking about this platform, but from reading this thread, this gun gets neglected A LOT. A lot of fixes, and no updates. First of all, this gun is pretty hard to find in stock anywhere.. .I guess they really are going back to the drawing board to make this work. Second, Did they fix the mechanism so you wont dry fire after the last round? And then, what upgardes do I need to do to get this skirmishable? Actually scratch that last question, what is the BEST internals I can get. Obviously, I would like carbon steel if they made it, but they don't.

Is the Cocking lever aluminum or steel? Anyways, I want this gun to be indestructible! I'm pretty familiar with the WA system, and I've got that down pat pretty much. Now the Mp5 has always been a gun I wanted... And that 6mm roll mark on top. Anyone got rid of it? or did everyone just painted over it?

Does anyone know if a steel cocking tube support is made for the Mp5 SD guns? I had one for my Mp5a3, however I now have an Mp5sd3 and the cocking tube supports are incompatible.

The problem is I have a steel bolt. so the bolt smashing into the pot metal cocking tube support is causing noticeable damage and I know its only a matter of time before it fails.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems I have finally gotten my Mp5 in working order, FINALLY. Ive had it for a year now.

So, it seems like after you replace every single internal part with steel, get an aluminum loading nozzle, shim the bolt, and replace the the floating valve, you actually have a damn accurate gun.

And I will say that. it is accurate. And its very fun. Was it worth a year of hassle? No. probably not.

BTW, For any of you guys who may need to have this thing down to a 350 fps limit, I accomplished that on mine by using the flute valve from a KWA M226. Though I think the KWA flute valves are basically universal. You just need to lightly file the back edge of it a bit to fit it into the loading nozzle. (Though I have an aluminum one, this may not be necessary with a plastic one). The FPS using this is, unfortunately, not very consistent, However at CQB range is doesn't matter much, and oddly, all of my shots were still flying dead straight. So, apparently this gun has a pretty good hopup in it.

Edit: Also, for reference, Ive used the gun for the past three nights of airsoft in a row. No failures, no issues. I think I got one or two jams when it had low gas.

Edited by Brigg