VFC MP5 (Umarex Licensed)

Since you have the experience and seem to have your MP5 running well, you should do a mini write up of the various upgrade parts and whether they're worth it or not :) would help people who still think that these are useless wall hangers. There is some info I remember you posted but I think it's buried in a news thread somewhere.

Also I forgot to ask, what do you think of:

1. The hop-up in these

2. The mags, I hear people complaining about their construction

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here we go.       23 rounds in one burst, 6:30pm and normal early April breeze.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7qw7MiKius&feature=youtu.be     AP.

PDW conversion kit for VFC MP5k   Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Mine shoots like a charm and I have it for two years now.Well I don't field it every weekend but I do some firing every once in a while.

Posted Images

Here's a good summary from Armourpiercing over on UKAZ

Here is what I did to fix it.

1. Install new nozzle, install it properly!!!!! remove rough edges, make sure that it springs backward with only silicone spray as a lube. No grease!

2. Install bolt guides like this:- http://www.wgcshop.c...uth&catid=&cat=

These are absolutely essential! These clip to the sides of the bold & fit in about two seconds flat. They keep the bolt sprung to the centre on each side keeping the bolt central during its forward momentum. 

3. Clean the barrel with silicone spray & also lubricate the hop rubber - IT WILL NOT WORK DRY!!

4. The mags still suck - take them apart which really isn't anywhere near as bad as people make it out to be, one pin out of the top of the mag, use rubber mallet to pop out internal mag from the casing making sure you don't catch the release valve on the casing. Then pop the pin at the bottom, and depending on what gen mag you have you'll either have two screws (1st gen) or a second pin (2nd gen). Pull out the base of the mag, clean all ube from the bottom of the mag & the base rubber & apply PVC bathroom/window sealant around the base of the mag over the base seal and then while it's wet, reassemble the mag internals. Leave over night t dry & then the next day it will gas as normal and hold. Then use maintanance gas as usual to keep the mag lubed.

DO NOT INSTALL THE BOLT HOLD OPEN FOLLOWER!! There is a reason VC don't install them, they WILL chew up your nozzle, it's simple physics, plastic wiedge hitting hard on another plastic wedge. Not going to end well.

Only load 29 rounds into the mag. It will take 31/32 rounds but you'll find the rounds will jam and deform & also dent your nozzle.

5 ALWAYS OPEN THE BOLT AND LOCK IT UP BEFORE YOU INSERT A MAG, AND WHERE POSSIBLE USE THE H&K SLAP TO RELEASE THE BOLT TO AID LOADING.

That's it! 

I've used mine flawlessly on HFC144a, Abbey Ultra, Green gas/propane & on SRC power up gas and it fires beautifully on all, which was good as it means I can use abbey ultra in the summer & not need to worry as although the fps is abut 30 lower than on green once the pressure in the mag has equalized, it's running 280ish and is very consistant & fires like a laser beam.

• Like 1

Bought mine when they came out first, don't really shoot it much but have put a good 1000 rounds through it and its still in perfect condition, my 2 mags are leak free as well.

Have you mod the mags using the follower or it was preinstalled?

If you didn't then this might be the reason you have no leaks.

I just fielded mine last night for a few hours and it worked great as well. I reinstalled an azimuth reinforced loading nozzle, replacing the aluminum one I had previously installed. Originally my Mp5 was eating loading nozzles left and right, which led to me getting an aluminum one. The aluminum one jammed occasionally but I figured that was the better option then constant replacement.

Then I figured out the most likely reason for the breakages. The guid tabes inside the bolt head had snapped on one side and the loading nozzle was free to rotate a bit. It was probably clipping the feed lips or the feed ramp. So I replaced it with an aluminum bolt head (Or maybe steel, I dont remember).

Anyway, I had left the aluminum nozzle but it still jammed alot, so I tried the azimuth one again, and it ran basically perfectly all night.

Since you have the experience and seem to have your MP5 running well, you should do a mini write up of the various upgrade parts and whether they're worth it or not :) would help people who still think that these are useless wall hangers. There is some info I remember you posted but I think it's buried in a news thread somewhere.

1. The hop-up in these

HitmanNo2 basically covered it.  However, I would like to stress that a must purchase is the bolt guide.  That simple seems to be the key to the system running correctly which is probably why the MP5k comes with it standard (or at least that is what the pics show).  Nice to have are the Azimuth cylinder, nozzle, gas release valves and followers.  I have run about 600 rounds on bolt hold open followers and there seems to be no wear on the stock nozzle.  My theory is that the without the bolt guide there was WAY too much side to side movement which caused the nozzle to impact areas that it should causing the breakages.

On to your questions:

1. Hopup is good enough for CQB.  I have read that people really like the hopup with teamed with the new A+ rubber.

2. The mags are better than what people have lead us to believe.  However, there are like 3 versions and I have no idea which mine are.  Once I installed the azimuth gas release valves, the mag efficiency went way up.

Only problem I have now is full auto on semi.  Seems to be a problem with the way the selector engages with trigger.  I think the trigger has worn down from the steel selector from the SEF housing.  I would switch back but it is way too nice compared to OEM picto housing.  I have some VFC parts and real steel parts in bound to hopefully fix the problem.

1. The hop-up in these

Double post.

Edited by L2E