VFC MP5 (Umarex Licensed)

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here we go.       23 rounds in one burst, 6:30pm and normal early April breeze.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7qw7MiKius&feature=youtu.be     AP.

PDW conversion kit for VFC MP5k   Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Mine shoots like a charm and I have it for two years now.Well I don't field it every weekend but I do some firing every once in a while.

Posted Images

If I recall correctly, the enhanced hopup chamber i got allows an aeg hopup bucking to be used. I didnt need a new barrel, so i wouls say its prbably an aeg type barrel.

The stock barrel is really good though from what i can tell. I dont see any reason to change it unless its damaged.

VFC will be releasing a PDW kit for the MP5K but no confirmed date yet.

I have a real PDW stock on it's way right now, we'll see how that goes.

I'll put some of my info on here in copy paste form so that people can get better feeling for the gun.

Because I posted a lot of this info a while ago & some more recently some tiny things are double mentioned - ignore that. 

I've had my VFC MP5 A2 for about 6 months now.

I'm not really one for reviews but I think it'll be worth putting one up that isn't all hearsay & from somebody who loathes GBBR's but just couldn't live without a VFC MP5 any longer as they do look near on perfect.

There isn't a GBBR on the market today that is worth the money you have to spend on it.

Back to the VFC, Mine lasted one mag & one round before the nozzle shattered.

The hop & accuracy  where also below what you would expect to get from a gun retailing at over 400 quid in the uk.

I installed the azimuth nozzle which also chewed itself up.

Yes, the mags all leaked after a month.

Here is what I did to fix it.

1. Install new nozzle, install it properly!!!!! remove rough edges, make sure that it springs backward with only silicone spray as a lube. No grease!

2. Install bolt guides like this:- http://www.wgcshop.c...uth&catid=&cat=

These are absolutely essential! These clip to the sides of the bold & fit in about two seconds flat. They keep the bolt sprung to the centre on each side keeping the bolt central during its forward momentum. 

3. Clean the barrel with silicone spray & also lubricate the hop rubber - IT WILL NOT WORK DRY!!

4. The mags still suck - take them apart which really isn't anywhere near as bad as people make it out to be, one pin out of the top of the mag, use rubber mallet to pop out internal mag from the casing making sure you don't catch the release valve on the casing. Then pop the pin at the bottom, and depending on what gen mag you have you'll either have two screws (1st gen) or a second pin (2nd gen). Pull out the base of the mag, clean all lube from the bottom of the mag & the base rubber & apply PVC bathroom/window sealant around the base of the mag over the base seal and then while it's wet, reassemble the mag internals. Leave over night t dry & then the next day it will gas as normal and hold. Then use maintenance gas as usual to keep the mag lubed.

DO NOT INSTALL THE BOLT HOLD OPEN FOLLOWER!! There is a reason VFC don't install them, they WILL chew up your nozzle, it's simple physics, plastic wedge hitting hard on another plastic wedge. Not going to end well.

Only load 29 rounds into the mag. It will take 31/32 rounds but you'll find the rounds will jam and deform & also dent your nozzle.

5 ALWAYS OPEN THE BOLT AND LOCK IT UP BEFORE YOU INSERT A MAG, AND WHERE POSSIBLE USE THE H&K SLAP TO RELEASE THE BOLT TO AID LOADING.

That's it! 

I've used mine flawlessly on HFC144a, Abbey Ultra, Green gas/propane & on SRC power up gas and it fires beautifully on all, which was good as it means I can use abbey ultra in the summer & not need to worry as although the fps is abut 30 lower than on green once the pressure in the mag has equalized, it's running 280ish and is very consistent & fires like a laser beam.

Last point to make! 

It's a gas gun. It run on sub zero liquid gas - full auto is not going to be the most reliable way of firing the gun. 

Within reason & not including a couple of machine pistols, full auto & liquid charge guns don't mix well in this country. Or most others.

Semi auto for the win.

The amount of people in the UK whom actually own one is very low but almost everybody has an opinion on them.

The exact same thing as the fabled upon "brand new, out the box, exploding barry burton" - we've all seen the youtube clip, but I have probably seven or eight people per week telling how "their friends did the exact same thing" and truth be told, the amount that I have seen that have returned to the shop or given to me because it exploded is niema! none! 

How many people do we know that upgraded the barrel length so long with such a high rate of fire that there was "suck back" and the ammo wouldn't leave the barrel? None. Is it a myth? Yes. Have we heard the story before? *fruitcage* yes. 

As for the VFC MP5, I've seen guns heavily upgraded but not with the bolt guides and they chew up nozzles regardless of make. 

I've run mine for a good few hundred rounds that have been fitted only with the bolt guides, all else standard & it showed only minimal wear.

I have a whole spare bolt assembly sat in a drawer so I think I'll do a non-tortured destruction test of the nozzle and only using the bolt guides as the upgrade, all else standard. I'm quietly confident that the standard bolt will hold up fine but I have been wrong before.

I have an Angry gun nozzle, haven't tested it yet - it's there for an emergency only.

there is also an aluminium one which would on the surface seems perfect but you need the nozzle as light & flexable as possible so that if you do get a major issue the nozzle will break & not something more expensive.

With a magazine with a single round showing on the top of the mag & if it is pretty much fully loaded & also taking into consideration how much play you have on the top of your nozzle between it & the bolt housing and (snore) how the mag catch works, it is always advisable to lock the bolt or keep the slide back when inserting a mag.

If you leave at least two bb's short of full capacity you could probably get away with inserting the mag bolt forward providing you don't slap it in - the mag catch holds the mag on a tiny lip on the side of the mag - an armalite is much safer as the mag catch is a solid block that stops the mag going too far.

The follower that comes installed in the mag simply pushes ammo up & will continue to let the gun fire empty.

If you install the separately packed follower, it's taller and the bolt stops short of battery using the arm on the bottom of the nozzle by letting it hit against the extended follower. Just a bad idea.

Count down from 29 or use different coloured ammo on the last three as I do.

As for the MP5K here's some useful stuff for you all.

The bolt set up.

The bolt now comes with a copper 'Azimuth style" guide on one side, it's similar in design bit with wider contact space. 

The old pretty bolt head with fake extractor has been replaced with a one piece, plain design BUT the fake moulded rollers on the side stand further out much like some of the after market bolt heads which reduce lateral movement side to side so both of these things together mean the entire bolt assembly cannot jolt from side to side keeping the loading nozzle way away from the mag lips.

Recoil set up.

The recoil spring is tougher, about 120% of it's original models pitch. I don't see this as a requirement but there it is.

Magazine

The magazine no longer comes painted in thick shiny paint, instead it has a chemical metallic matte coating more akin to what you would expect a real mag to look like.  It is still wearing but not as badly as before. 

I haven't taken the mag apart yet & if it doesn't require it I don't intend to so I cannot say for sure that the base is the gen 1 or gen 2 type. I'd assume gen 2 with dual pins.

No bolt hold open mag follower is included this time around - that will annoy some people I'm sure but it is a blessing.

Trademarks

The trades on the gun are complete from what I can tell, the white '6mm BB' markings are still present on the steel receiver but under the trigger group housing so when the gin is assembled they are not visible at all.

Other trades are present, "MP5K" & "HK" & also "Made in W. Germany blah blah" on the receiver.

Mine is of a very limited run, it has no white etched licensing notes on the trigger group housing but they will be present on future models - sorry!

Power

Power wise on green gas I'm getting a 330 - 347fps range at room temp which may seem a lot but it's a gas gun, it's very normal.

The manual is of the regular MP5A2 not a special manual specifically for the MP5K which is sad but it may change for the future batches - I was very lucky to get the one I did.

A kit will be made available to convert it into an MP5K A4 PDW but until then, the real steel stock fits (I've not been able to test this myself but hopefully soon).

I have the full intention of using this gun without adding any other parts to it, so I can test for flaws etc. but so far it looks promising. 

The loading nozzle is showing no real signs of wear after many mags through the gun & I'm not being precious with it, just used however & it's still rocking.

Any question or things I've missed, post them here, I will endeavour to answer.

AP.

Edited by Armourpiercing

Not sure why you are down on the extended bb follower.  I am running the bolt guides and the azimuth extended followers with no signs of extended wear on the nozzle or followers.  I have had nothing but good experience with them.  Like you said, the bolt guides are essential to keep the nozzle from moving out of alignment thus running into parts of the magazine it wasn't meant to run into.

That's why the ksc/kwa M11 is so flawed and the mags start spitting out ammo.

Mag in with bolt forward and mag follower clashing with loading nozzle.

It's user preference, when all of the issues with gun are down to the loading nozzle (in a round about way) the best advice is to minimise the wear on the part.

AP.

Well I got it! I found a inner barrel for my gun. 

http://asgc.co.nz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=49_141_204&products_id=3795&zenid=55f701d075fc1a1b276309d8f19e821c

Falcon 6.03 Inner Barrel.

I got it for $80USD.

With the new hop-up unit, any AEG barrel works. Needs to be 208MM.

Prometheus and PDI makes one. It is for the G3 SAS AEG.

Edited by Studie

My name on AirsoftCanada is SEQUENTIAL.

Those who are on that site can contact me there also.

I have posted my findings on the blow back unit. 

So I've discovered that the gun cycles the best when the bolt carrier and blow back assembly is kept at a bare minimum weight. 

After trying many different parts I decided to weigh them all and give the most optimal performance setup I've been able to find so far. 

This for those who are still using the green gas mags and not the CO2. 
9319498986_d119d1dc56_o.jpg

Here is the Crusader Steel Bolt Carrier, this is too heavy and slows down the performance of the gun tremendously. Also it is a very tight fit with any of the cylinders.
9319498834_8c08afd240_o.jpg

The TSC steel bolt head is worth the upgrade since it is much stronger then the original one from VFC. It is only 6 grams heavier which isn't much of a difference. 
9319498728_5a9176cff9_o.jpg
9319498716_aeb388c28a_o.jpg

I like using the Crusader Cylinder as it is one of the smoothest cylinders out there for the VFC Mp5. 
9316709673_5a3b76ae22_b.jpg
The FE one is a bit of a tight fit for any aftermarket loading nozzles, it is also heavier.
9319498564_0f9e3d9c4a_b.jpg

The FE Aluminium is one of my favourite loading nozzles out of all the ones out on the market. I have tried the clear Azimuth one before and that was no good. I had many jamming issues with that. 
9319498372_34b20135c5_o.jpg

I hope these pictures give you an idea of how much each part weighs. I will keep on updating with new findings. :salute:

• Like 1

Has anyone else had a problem with their Mp5 where it almost seems like its light-striking?

For whatever reason, my gun increasingly does this when I insert a mag. The gun will let out a short blurt of gas, but the bolt wont recoil. Ive checked the bolt and nozzle assembly and made sure the gas bulb is working and everything seems to check out, So Im unsure as to what could be causing it. Something in the hammer pack perhaps?

Has anyone else had a problem with their Mp5 where it almost seems like its light-striking?

For whatever reason, my gun increasingly does this when I insert a mag. The gun will let out a short blurt of gas, but the bolt wont recoil. Ive checked the bolt and nozzle assembly and made sure the gas bulb is working and everything seems to check out, So Im unsure as to what could be causing it. Something in the hammer pack perhaps?

Hammer/firing pin not pushing the release valve far enough in. 

The magazines are all different shape, if you noticed the release valve if they are a tiny bit off alignment it does light striking. 

So the best is to always use the original release valve for the mags. iF you are using the azimuth enhanced release valves then you will need to get a firing pin upgrade. 

Hammer/firing pin not pushing the release valve far enough in. 

The magazines are all different shape, if you noticed the release valve if they are a tiny bit off alignment it does light striking. 

So the best is to always use the original release valve for the mags. iF you are using the azimuth enhanced release valves then you will need to get a firing pin upgrade. 

Hmm, I have been running the Azimuth valves without any issues in regards to original firing pin. However, these are the new versions so whatever issue there was with the firing pin may have been fixed.

Im not sure but I think it may have had something to do with the hammer spring not being striong enough. maybe its gotten worn, as I have had it for well over a year now. I fit a thick rubber gasket behid the hammer strut spring and it doesnt seem to be light striking anymore. Though I dont know if it will start doing so again.

Im not sure but I think it may have had something to do with the hammer spring not being striong enough. maybe its gotten worn, as I have had it for well over a year now. I fit a thick rubber gasket behid the hammer strut spring and it doesnt seem to be light striking anymore. Though I dont know if it will start doing so again.

Since the trigger pack takes RS parts, maybe try a RS hammer spring? 

My MP5 started life as the Avalon version so maybe my hammer spring is stronger than the original.

I found that after a few rounds & the gas pressure drops the valves open fine but I concur, they do seem to light strike on warmer days & armer mags - I use the 120% hammer springs & hey presto.

Not sure why you are down on the extended bb follower.  I am running the bolt guides and the azimuth extended followers with no signs of extended wear on the nozzle or followers.  I have had nothing but good experience with them.  

UPDATE! Last Sunday I used one of my mags that still have an extended follower in it & my normal skirmish bolt assembly that has done thousands of rounds without issue on non-extended follower mags took only one hit against it & it dented one side of the Azimuth nozzle so badly that it jumped the follower, bent upwards and dented the roof of the hop unit tearing the rubber in half!! 

MP5 now out of action until new hop unit arrives (AEG bucking type this time).

Maybe it was time for the nozzle to go, I've already heard that from other people & yes, that should be factored in BUT!!! it seems odd that it was fine until the very moment I used that follower.

I thought initially it was a mis-shapen BB but the fact that the bb would have made it out of a mechanical speed loader, into the mag as the first round in & travelled all the way to the bottom of the mag & fed perfectly into the chamber & out of the barrel - no, the stars didn't align for that one.

*fruitcage* stupid follower.

That said, my old school MP5 is now done! 

DSCN0943_zps1896c23b.jpg

*EDIT I've taken on board what has happened to my nozzle & seeing as I was placing an order anyway I've added an FE aluminium loading nozzle to my order to try it out what STUDIE has said about them, his reasoning is logical & in keeping to my way of thinking also so I see no reason not to - it *suitcase* itself anyway so logically I should test them so people get the right information, just because I don't like other metal loading nozzles for other guns I've tried in the past doesn't mean this will be as bad. 

If it works after I've dropped the power to something sensible (300fps is what I deem sensible for a gas powered MP5 length gun) then who knows, I may do some proper tests against the followers before I fit the new hop unit.

AP.

Edited by Armourpiercing
  • Like 1

I found that after a few rounds & the gas pressure drops the valves open fine but I concur, they do seem to light strike on warmer days & armer mags - I use the 120% hammer springs & hey presto.

Told you guys...

No one listens to me. I've tried so many combination of parts for this gun, and I have no issues after pairing the right things together.