VFC MP5 (Umarex Licensed)

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here we go.       23 rounds in one burst, 6:30pm and normal early April breeze.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7qw7MiKius&feature=youtu.be     AP.

PDW conversion kit for VFC MP5k   Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Mine shoots like a charm and I have it for two years now.Well I don't field it every weekend but I do some firing every once in a while.

Posted Images

One thing I found out is this gun destroys bb's... I used Excel '28 and they were literally smashed to bits inside the chamber, switched to KSC and no problems... or was it the other way round? but yeah different brand bb's do matter for this gun to shoot properly

I sent an email to WGC shop about getting a replacement loading ramp since VFC never responded. They informed me that they have an updated loading ramp with slight modifications to eliminate the jamming problem, so apparently Im not the only one with this problem. Ill let you all know how it works when I get it.

Mine shattered -

Madbull 9/10

AimTop 7/10

Blaster 5/10

This loading ramp sounds interesting and i'd like to see how it pans out.

I so wish VFC would take more time and spend a little more or internals. Fair enough they want to create the most realistic GBBRs but theres no point in having a 95% replica to the RS when it wont empty a mag or shoot 30ft.

I think they take the realism too far and don't compromise enough to make a reliable working GBBR. E.g WE/WA externally damn close internally its airsoft and that only which makes for a more reliable weapon.

• 3 weeks later...

ok, so, I got my new loading ramp, as well as a crusader steel bolt carrier, on the chance that it was the grooves cut in the zinc one that were causing the jams.

After a light buffing of the loading ramp and installation of the steel bolt, the gun is once again running smoothly. There is an occasional jam when I perform the "HK Slap", though I can live without that, especially as it is not every time. There is also also occasionally a jam on full auto, but not common enough to cause many issues.

So, the gun is once again skirmishable. Im going to keep tinkering with it to try to eliminate all jamming though.

Edit: also, oiling the ###### out of the trigger box seems to have helped a lot as well. I didnt realize how dry it was running, so I used some oil (Sewing machine oil in this case, as its lightweight and only contacting metal)., And now a lot of the grinding is gone.

Edited by Brigg

So, Ive been using the Mp5 pretty heavily for the past few days, and its worked pretty reliably, I would say 95% of the time. But it still had the occasional jam. In the interest of SCIENCE, I decided to figure out what exactlty was causing the remaining jams.

I took off the barrel, leaving the loading ramp screwed in, so I could see what was going on internally. Then I cocked the gun until it jammed. Looking through the loading ramp from the front, I could see that the loading nozzle was actually rotated a few degrees clockwise, and this was causing it to impact the main body of the feed ramp.

A closer inspection of the loading nozzle revealed that one of the tabs inside of the bolt head, which guide the loading nozzle, had broken off. perhaps sheared off when I installed the aluminum cylinder, but how doesn't matter.

Long story short, I believe that this has been the underlying problem causing the jamming all along. when I installed the new loading ramp which was bored out wider, it allowed for slightly more play in the loading nozzle rotation, allowing it to jam less frequently then with the more narrow original ramp. However, when the loading nozzle rotated just a bit too much, probably from vibration, it would catch the face of the loading ramp.

Ive ordered a steel replacement bolt head, andI will see if this finally remedies the problem completely. It would make a lot of sense though, as it started jamming originally after I had installed all of the upgraded internals. the guide tab could have easily broken without me noticing.

So, if anyone is experiencing jams with their mp5 where the bolt doesnt seem to close all the way, as if it has hung up on the loading ramp or a BB, take a quick look at the bolt head and see if both sides of it still have the guide tabs intact. it could just be your problem.

Edited by Brigg

well, on mine at least, as far as the internals go, after these parts get here, there will be no stock parts left in the gun other then the trigger and the trip levers. Everything else will have been replaced with steel. But, Its at least good to hear that they recognized the problems.

Any way you would be able to tell which parts have been updated?

hi guys

quick question for you. can the semi auto lower be modded to fire full auto, is it just a different selector or are there parts missing.

need a full auto lower for a project.

atb

jay

You need a few more parts. I have a spare full auto trigger pack if you want it. Please PM me if you're interested.

134a too low?

Anyone heard from VFC about any refinements to the MP5? We're on gen 3 G36 mags now and the MP5 seems to be getting neglected.

I'd prefer not to have to resort to 134a as it's sluggish and in consistant . Plus I would like to stick to one type of gas for all my RIFs.

I have a RF downgrade valve coming so i'll see how that works out

• 2 weeks later...