VFC MP5 (Umarex Licensed)

Wow ok, that was simple.  

But mean while I will keep with my flat hop mod,  I am getting good consistency atm though FPS output seems to be inconsistent which is what is causing the erratic hop...

I just installed an Angry gun nozzle, FPS dropped from 400fps to 250fps.  Its pretty much junk.  Any one has a similar experience?  Whch nozzle should I get?

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
  • Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here we go.       23 rounds in one burst, 6:30pm and normal early April breeze.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7qw7MiKius&feature=youtu.be     AP.

PDW conversion kit for VFC MP5k   Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Mine shoots like a charm and I have it for two years now.Well I don't field it every weekend but I do some firing every once in a while.

Posted Images

Ahhhh nozzles :)

I've got the Azimuth clear ones both of mine, or did have until lone broke in short order.

I'm a firm believer in a lot of FPS inconsistency is not down to the nozzle itself, unless it has a poor seal with the mag, I believe its all down to how the floating valve seals off gas flow down the nozzle tip, and as such down the barrel.

Now I installed Azimuth reinforced clear loading nozzles in mine, and thought I'd try the Azimuth alloy valve too as that has a small groove around its circumference for a rubber sealing ring

yje4y9az.jpg

That was a bad idea for two reasons 1) it was too big to seal the nozzle so my erratic FPS actually got worse and 2) it actually upped my FPS.

So because I had no problems with the nozzle itself I went for the Azimuth low flow valve in the Azimuth nozzle, that reduced my FPS to acceptable levels and reduced the erratic FPS at the same time.

As an experiment I'd be tempted to try and fit the Azimuth alloy nozzle (with sealing ring) into the standard nozzle just to see if it does actually improve FPS stability.

So my setup has kept to Azimuth nozzle and Azimuth low flow valve, but recently one of my Azimuth nozzles cracked around the rear of the inlet, I presume down to it slamming into the copper cylinder.

I've reinstalled the original for now but I'm seriously thinking of buying the SAT steel nozzle if only to try it as I've found no reviews on it yet, fingers crossed when I do get round to it it will be a decent upgrade and long outlast and plastic nozzle.

Edited by Tisane

It's a modification of the standard hop unit.

I believe Nugentgl has a video on YouTube explaining how to do the actual modification, but it is really simple and gives FAR FAR better hop effect and range than the *suitcasey* standard VFC hop rubber.

It is a permanent/non reversible mod however so personally I'd go for grabbing a new hop unit on standby in case something goes wrong or you want to revert back to standard for whatever reason.

All you will need is

X1 hop unit (just incase)

X1 VSR type hop rubber of your choice, I use Maple Leaf diamond 70 degree.

X1 Maple Leaf hop tensioner.

X1 new inner barrel (possibly)

I say possibly for the inner barrel because one of mine needed changing and one didn't, but I changed both of mine for VFC Psalm inner barrels anyway.

Although he's doing it for another VFC gun, the mod is exactly the same for the MP5 range.

I initially tried the VFC Psalm inner barrel with good results but the Maple Leaf AEG inner barrels performed MUCH better in terms of consistency.  The hop window on the VFC is really long compared to the Maple Leaf, perhaps that is the reason?

I dunno how much of the FPS discrepancy is due to the nozzle.  My nozzle is pretty much stock.  I removed the Angry gun one I will be machining a brass nozzle tip for it to custom fit the hop unit.  By machining I will be using my drill as a lathe and using a hand file to trim.

The FPS fluctuations cannot be the interface between the gas routing the blowback unit because I installed a crusader feedramp and there is pretty much no wobble.  I also don't know if it is the nozzle as my nozzle doesn't really catch on things.  But  I will check again.

I still get a variation mostly around 400fps with a 10fps variance but then it jumps to low 300fps.

I have a feeling it is the hammer spring being too light.  So I will see.

Here is a new mod:

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/gallery/image/15099-modded-stock-vfc-nozzle-day-1/

I inserted/melted a nail through the stock VFC nozzle which goes through the common breakage area.  See how long that lasts.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

Now that is a solid idea!  Has it ever worked its way off the rubber and caused issue?

Thanks!  It uses the same concept as ABB rings used for VSRs.  I used a tubing cutter to cut it, so the inside edge is a little peened inward, it pretty much bites into the rubber, so it won't come off without actually trying to pry it off with a screwdriver.  Depending on the hop up rubber, you might need to add a few layers of PTFE tape.  Haven't had any issues so far after shooting over 1000 rounds.  

Edited by vilerk
  • 2 weeks later...

Doing some crazy stuff to my MP5!

This has been a project I've been holding back for awhile, but I finally got all the paint professionally chemically stripped. 

Now time for some polishing, and hot bluing! 

Hoping the result will be something like this.  :D

post-77342-0-23423400-1396818797_thumb.jpg

post-77342-0-31346500-1396818860_thumb.jpg

When I was serving my time in the army I saw quite a few G-3A3s that were pinky, redish (due to oxidization)  or even bare metal due

to extraordinary use of force in the cleaning process.

It was a funny thing to see but it was also a NO-NO.These weapons were given only to new recruits and were not good for shooting.

So...I made a connection in my head that any bare metal gun is not good for shooting...I actually don't like'em although I find them

interesting.

Bare metal receiver:

If it is blued then should provide some protection , or if the receiver is aluminium, which the MP5 is not. 

The MP5 is steel. Not aluminum. 

Bluing technique with motor oil will serve as protection for the gun. 

For an airsoft gun, this will suffice.

When I was serving my time in the army I saw quite a few G-3A3s that were pinky, redish (due to oxidization)  or even bare metal due

to extraordinary use of force in the cleaning process.

It was a funny thing to see but it was also a NO-NO.These weapons were given only to new recruits and were not good for shooting.

So...I made a connection in my head that any bare metal gun is not good for shooting...I actually don't like'em although I find them

interesting.

The Mp5 is a great shooter, since it is not shooting real rounds but airsoft bbs. As long as the rails inside are smooth with the bolt carrier, everything will remain perfect functionality. 

Edited by Studie

The MP5 is steel. Not aluminum. 

Bluing technique with motor oil will serve as protection for the gun. 

For an airsoft gun, this will suffice.

The Mp5 is a great shooter, since it is not shooting real rounds but airsoft bbs. As long as the rails inside are smooth with the bolt carrier, everything will remain perfect functionality. 

I don't doubt this.I just say it looks strange to my yes.

:-)

Weren't Mp5's not blued? I mean, it might look nifty blued, but I recall every Mp5 Ive ever seen being a dark, dark grey color. maybe some kind of phosphate finish or something.

edit: specifically HK-made Mp5s. Dunno about non HK made ones.

Edited by Brigg

Been looking to pick one of these up (Most probably the A2), and been backreading the thread, but I'm a tad confused at this point...so if anyone would be kind enough to answer:

Assuming I get the latest version (I take it the earlier versions had major problems?), what would I need to replace to get it running decently? Based on my reading of the thread, I was thinking of replacing maybe the feedramp and loading nozzle with Crusader/Azimuth parts. Don't really plan on skirmishing with the gun, but I also don't want to buy a gun that'll out immediately on the occasional times I want to plink with it. Should I also replace the feedramp and loading nozzle immediately for peace of mind?

Thanks.

The Crusader Feedramp adds a noticeable consistency to the FPS, and keeps the mag wobble free.  That is a must.

I haven't been able to find a azimuth nozzle one but my metal pin insert is keeping my stock one working over a few thousand rounds.  Don't get the Angrygun nozzle.

I find that the bolt guides decreases recoil speeds, and doesn't really keep the bolt dead centre.  But I will continue the test.

• Like 1

I've spent hours & days trying to make the VSR hop mod actually work & it doesn't.

To start with it's fine but after a while BB's fall down the barrel when you fire the weapon & the next round chambered.

The only way I can make them keep ammo in the chamber is to keep the hop almost all the way on which gives you about 10 feet of travel before anything but a .43 goes directly into the air - I've tried it with really low power recoil springs (60% in some cases) & even shortening the nozzle, but they just keep pushing the ammo straight down the barrel.

That's five modified hop units, about nine different rubbers & buckings & at least 6 inner barrels, all types, vfc, AEG modded, WE pistol barrels modded. Waste of time.

My MP5K PDW however likes them, again, needs the hop on really high (which pushes ammo to the right unless it's .43g) but at least it goes.

I do all the power downgrades myself, it's just so easy.

Take out flute/floating valve

add a piece of aluminium pipe inside the valve & glue in place.

if power is still to high, add a lesser diameter pipe inside that. 

I've found that the gas mags running on guarder black gas (large can) & full steel hammer, strut, valve knocker & 130% hammer springs give you zero cool-down almost & after the power downgrade 337fps average.

I'll do a video later.

AP.