MAC-10 wooden stock

Typewriter

As soon as I got my hands on the Ingram and saw these pictures I wondered to make one myself. The retractable stock isn't too comfortable and steady to use, so this might improve aiming when using iron sights. I haven't started the project, this is just a plan.

Here's pictures to show what I mean:

DSC03287.jpg

DSC03222.jpg

DSC02018.jpg

DSC03677.jpg

DSC03188.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see you're still alive. People have been wondering where you've gone.

For the build, it's pretty much straight forward, but are you using an ACM (Well brand) M11? Because the stock bracket on those are made of pot metal and might break if the stock were to hit something, if not out of its own weight.

Good to see you're still alive. People have been wondering where you've gone.

For the build, it's pretty much straight forward, but are you using an ACM (Well brand) M11? Because the stock bracket on those are made of pot metal and might break if the stock were to hit something, if not out of its own weight.

I've been hanging here and reading stuff all the time. I haven't build anything for a long time (if wooden grips gor pistols don't count).

I'm using Tokyo Marui M10 (the AEP), the stock bracket seems very sturdy and it shouldn't break down easily. Altough this build is rather simple, this will go slowly because I don't yet have any wood or materials laying around. *Goes shopping*

You mean like this?

uziwoodstock.jpg

You're right, it does look more sexy. I'll draw a few scetches, and see what would look and feel good.

EDIT: After some searching, i found this rather interesting Ingram-system:

m10%20comp.jpg

At first I had in mind to attach a M16 solid stock to the gun (as seen in the fourth pic from above). There are real steel adapters for the job, unfortunately they are pretty rare/expensive. What's your opinion, should I go for the Armalite-stock or wooden?

you wouldnt be able to go on the underside like the uzi, but just getting it to fit flush to the back would look so much better. the real steel one looks like it's barely attached.

edit: ever thought about an ACE skeleton stock?

760499.jpg

i think it looks in keeping with the MAC's appearance, plus you wouldnt have the hassle of fabricating a decent looking stock.

That actually looks good (especially when attached to the M10), but I want a solid stock (not a big fan of skeleton/retractable ones). I have to think hard what would do the job...

it is a solid fixed stock, just a skeleton design to save on weight. plus it looks awesome.

I ordered a M16 fixed stock, should take couple of days to arrive. So I'm going for the Armalite-ish looks. I'm still planning to make the wooden stock, but I will have to think the desing (real-steel, as mentioned, is too bulky and heavy).

Gosh, I didn't think this topic would have this much conversation in a day! :D

Little progress on this one.

I removed the hook (which works as a buttplate), so I can attach the system that holds the stock:

YIPi.jpg

This thing works as a buffer tube (the longer, thinner part is metal, the thicker, shorter part is PVC):

YIPX.jpg

(This is perhaps too long, I maybe have to shorten it)

It slides in from the hole of the bracket's plate, as the pic demonstrates:

YIP1.jpg

Next thing is to attach the tube to the plate and then, of course, attach the M16 stock to the tube. More on that later.

Little progress on this one.

That's actually looks like a pretty simple and effective way of doing it. Kinda looking forward to seeing the result of this, AR-Uzi's always look good. Saying that, I like anything with AR parts. Still, good work.

My high-school english is too bad so that I could understand what you're saying. :huh: Something about making the brackets stronger by attaching the stock to the gun itself?

Your high-school English is a hell of a lot better than my Finnish! :P

Basically, some sort of metal bracket that wraps around both the sides of the stock and the rear of the receiver; Should spread the stress a little?

Saying that, having seen the picture it looks pretty solid - The snake logo in dark grey would definitely look awesome.

Archived