G&G G96 (L96) Video Review

I refuse to watch these videos as the crappy mic is annoying as hell

Hi, I'm sorry that is how you feel. A lot of effort goes into our reviews. In our very first review for the L85 series, the mic was terrible. After that review we bought a better mic, have you seen any of the reviews other than our first? Although the mic isn't perfect, I believe it is perfectly audible.

Hmmm? A bolt action AEG..?

Sorry, you lost me with this comment??

Hi, I'm sorry that is how you feel. A lot of effort goes into our reviews. In our very first review for the L85 series, the mic was terrible. After that review we bought a better mic, have you seen any of the reviews other than our first? Although the mic isn't perfect, I believe it is perfectly audible.

Sorry, you lost me with this comment??

I think he means you've posted this in the wrong area, it would be better placed in the gas-rifle sub-forum, rather than here in the AEG sub-forum.

I thought the review was ok. And the L85 was too in my mind, I could certainly hear all of you clearly.

Interesting review, as I'm slightly curious about G&G's latest stuff, but always slightly wary after previous bad experiences with their stuff.

Edited by blind_marksman

I think he means you've posted this in the wrong area, it would be better placed in the gas-rifle sub-forum, rather than here in the AEG sub-forum.

I thought the review was ok. And the L85 was too in my mind, I could certainly hear all of you clearly.

Interesting review, as I'm slightly curious about G&G's latest stuff, but always slightly wary after previous bad experiences with their stuff.

I used to work for a UK airsoft retailer that dealt with G&G, and saw more than a few of their early guns come back with faults. I can honestly say from hands on experience with their products for the last 7 years, they have improved greatly. I would not say they are perfect but they are a hell of a lot better than they were. Out of the G&G guns we have had in the last year, all of which have been used at least once per month, the only faults we have had are the F2000 losing single shot (fixed by re bending the trigger switch connectors, common to all aegs) and the plastic M4 lost one of the connections on its motor last month which we soldered back on. I had expected by now to have at least lost a piston or two, especially as these and the spur gears are what I used to see broken all the time in the shop, however, not even one of these has failed. So a huge thumbs up from me for the new stuff (last 2-3 years of releases to be more precise).

I do have a GR300, that I got when it first came out ages ago. The hop up was terrible, so I replaced it with a Classic Army one. I needed to change the fps, on opening I found that the piston and bushings were showing a lot of wear. I replaced these and the cylinder head because, frankly, it looked cheap and nasty. I thought about reviewing the GR300, but it is so old and the internals have almost all been changed so I don't think it would be worthwhile. Externally however, I haven't changed a thing, the GR300 is my go to backup and was my primary for about 2 years, it has been thrown around and has plenty of scratches but is still in one piece with no loose bits or real damage. So I do think G&G's externals have been very good for a long time, they have certainly improved their external quality still though, especially with regard to their plastic parts.

• 1 month later...