Awesome stuff... It shouldn't do as well when shooting bbs thou (since like that you use part of the gas to propel the bb), still, awesome.

What's the weight of the whole thing (with magazine inserted)?

With steel slide and steel barrel, just over 1.4kg. Real MK23 is 1.2kg unloaded and 1.47kg loaded.

And please remember that MK23 in above video has 400g slide(including BBU) and can run that heavy slide over 130times with single mag.

Edited by volante

With steel slide and steel barrel, just over 1.4kg. Real MK23 is 1.2kg unloaded and 1.47kg loaded.

And please remember that MK23 in above video has 400g slide(including BBU) and can run that heavy slide over 130times with single mag.

I didn't forget that, why do you mention it? 1.4 kg...ouch, very nice.

After a few hundred rounds, would you mind posting pictures of the insides of the slide and of the outer barrel? I'm currious about how they handle repeated fire and if they scratch or wear at all.

I didn't forget that, why do you mention it? 1.4 kg...ouch, very nice.

After a few hundred rounds, would you mind posting pictures of the insides of the slide and of the outer barrel? I'm currious about how they handle repeated fire and if they scratch or wear at all.

If it run with steel barrel, short recoil lamp would be damaged. strongly recommend to use plastic barrel.

And there is nothing else to worry.

Edited by volante
  • 3 months later...

Only problem I've ran into with my Mk23 is that after a lot of shooting, I mean a LOT, the slide release gets worn down and weak. Sooner or later it gets weak enough that after the slide locks back on empty and you drop the mag it releases the slide on it's own. I sent mine to KWA and they sent it back with a new slide release, so that's the fix for that problem if you ever come across it.

Otherwise it's a hard hitting, no BS hand cannon. I got the H&K rail adapter for mine so I can mount a TLR1 and a TM Mk23 suppressor I sometimes throw on for kicks and it's perfect.

• 5 months later...

Quick questions:

-Is the trigger steel? I ask because my KWA USPC's trigger broke, and it had a VERY low round count.

-How's the thing holding up to use? I mean a few thousand shots, not a few hundred.

I'm thinking of picking one up...but those things are expensive.

• 1 month later...