G&G GR4 G26 Inital impressions

Not so much a review at this stage as I haven't had a chance to use it, but thought i'd post up some picks and first impressions.

I've been looking at this gun for a while, and a bonus at work helped get it. I liked the Magpul esque looks and the smaller price tag. However i can see why this gun might be a bit marmite.

Anyway it comes nicely packaged in a green box with shiny backed pic of said gun:

DSC_0363.jpg

On opening the box it was suitable padded with News of the World pages lol, but the contents were nice and safe. In the main compartment were the gun, mag 1000 bbs, and the battery I has ordered as well. Underneath the main part was also a little G&G extras pack which included, a G&G patch, playing cards, and stickers:

DSC_0365.jpg

Looking closer at the gun there are G&G "trades", flip up sites, laser pointer and flip down torch. THe construction is primarily abs/nylon fiber. The stock ratches along nicely to 6 different positions, and has an extra little compartment as well. The G-Mag is very comfortable and looks nice as well.

DSC_0366.jpg

DSC_0367.jpg

DSC_0369.jpg

All in it seems like a nice little gun.

In the mean time any questions etc just shout.

Edited by vargojones

Interested. It reminisces a bit of some Magpul offerings, but with some practical thought behind (integrated accessories, rails, battery space in hand-guard). I like the rocky look. It´s like Transformers, but M4 style... Well, you get what I´m trying to say xD. Techy (marmitee xD) look, a most likely comfy stock...

However, you should post some considerations about the gun over time, like, handling, specs, performance, and troubles you find in the long term of usage. As per the last post says, laser and flashlight, also must be reviewed....

• 10 months later...

Bought one of these in tan

I won't go into the un boxing as its all covered up top, so i will just add my experiences

firstly, when i pulled the laser unit to release the top cover to put in the battery it came away in my hand. Personally i think this is a design flaw, as all i can see holding it on is the two wires that connect it. However I was sent a new unit without quibble. the light that is integrated into the handguard is a single led. its not a light as such, and in effect is only really of any use if you want to light your way, i wouldn't really use it for CQB purposes.

What i did was actually to strip out the bits in the handguard, a couple of screws hold each in, this makes the handguard cavenous, and much easier to drop a sizeable battery in. I have a 2200 7.4lipo in with lots of room to spare

The gun requires very little hop, a couple of mm at best to hop the 0.25's that i use. its dropped to just under 300fps with 0.2s, with range of approx 50m ish

the blowback on my particular gun isn't large, so it isn't that loud

overall i'm very happy with it, a good option to the magpul version at a lower cost

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bought one of these in tan

I won't go into the un boxing as its all covered up top, so i will just add my experiences

firstly, when i pulled the laser unit to release the top cover to put in the battery it came away in my hand. Personally i think this is a design flaw, as all i can see holding it on is the two wires that connect it. However I was sent a new unit without quibble. the light that is integrated into the handguard is a single led. its not a light as such, and in effect is only really of any use if you want to light your way, i wouldn't really use it for CQB purposes.

What i did was actually to strip out the bits in the handguard, a couple of screws hold each in, this makes the handguard cavenous, and much easier to drop a sizeable battery in. I have a 2200 7.4lipo in with lots of room to spare

The gun requires very little hop, a couple of mm at best to hop the 0.25's that i use. its dropped to just under 300fps with 0.2s, with range of approx 50m ish

the blowback on my particular gun isn't large, so it isn't that loud

overall i'm very happy with it, a good option to the magpul version at a lower cost

Mate of mine had a similar experience.

He's got the Tan version. Loves the styling to bits as a bit of a modern weaponry fanatic. When he was fiddling around trying to remove the handguard the little laser just came away in his hand. Like yourself, we decided to strip all the '' out of the handguard and it now accommodates a 3500 mAh 11.1v LiPo. The blowback feature IMO is a disaster, more trouble than its worth. My friend likes it and has decided to stick with it despite the fact that he's been reduced to using it on semi only because the pneumatic blow back mech makes the power output of individual shots on full auto highly erratic - thus causing terrible accuracy issues.

Nevertheless, still a have decent buy. It has specifically needed any attention from myself as the team tech. No breakdowns thus far. Fingers crossed :D

• 3 months later...