Forum skin/software upgrades 3.2

I thought I'd start a thread for issues relating to the 3.2 upgrade.

I've now located all of the avatar images and placed them in the correct directory, so people should be able to see their images. Slight downside... we now have to resize them all. I've set this going but it may take an hour or two.

Any other issues, let me know here. I'll then add them to the list.

List to date:

• redesign skin (pending)

FAQ's

1. Q) Why am I not getting any emails from the forums?
    A) Go here: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications make sure that your notifications are set to email you when you want them to.

• Like 1
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can't see a +/- system anymore.   See kids, sometimes if you wish hard enough your prayers get answered   Saying that i see a Like system, ah well can't have everything.   'FireKnife'

I'll fix this for you remotely now.   We are now hard coded to 90x90px maximum in size. Not my choice but that's how IP coded it.

Sweet. Thanks a bunch, Arnie.   (As it happens, the thing I was looking for at the time turns out not to be there anyway, but the other stuff is still there, so that's good)

Looking SEXY. Thank goodness you guys brought back the timestamps for the mainpage recent posts, thanks!

EDIT: The box above the "status updates" to start your own is gone...does that mean we have to go to our profiles to start a new status now or what? I like the feature where I can just do it off the forum mainpage.

Edited by aznriptide859
  • Like 1

Page 2 pf new topics doesn't seem to load. Tried the 2 button and the next one.

Which button? I've tried direct from a subforum and inside a topic itself. If it helps post a screenshot showing the offending button.

the forum displays weird for me, the gallery displays vertically. this is in chrome os, btw.

I don't have Chrome OS, but I can check Chrome browser. It should work okay but will check. Make sure you've cleared out your cache and aren't using an old cache'd CSS.

Looking SEXY. Thank goodness you guys brought back the timestamps for the mainpage recent posts, thanks!

EDIT: The box above the "status updates" to start your own is gone...does that mean we have to go to our profiles to start a new status now or what? I like the feature where I can just do it off the forum mainpage.

This is the only skin at the moment. I'll see about adding that back though.

Is the new 'skin' design and layout optional? May we use the old version?

Sadly the software engineers at Invision completely rewrote the skin system on a 3.1-3.2 upgrade and didn't tell anyone. I only found out after I ran the updates. We are stuck with a skin based on this until either a) I rewrite it all myself, or B) the skin we've paid for is updated (which should appear soon).

Hmm good point. They shouldn't be lost, simply not displayed. I've asked the software writers why it's been dropped. I can see a case for dropping it, however I'd like to support systems that we've had in place for some time.

The status updates is now under your own control panel, click your name at the top of the page.

So I've the following problem - before i read this thread i tried to switch the forum's skin to the old one (when such option was available), but it just showed a blank page and now i cannot do anything - I can't see the forum through my profile - I'm writing this from my brothers account, and don't know how to return my profile to the proper settings.

So I've the following problem - before i read this thread i tried to switch the forum's skin to the old one (when such option was available), but it just showed a blank page and now i cannot do anything - I can't see the forum through my profile - I'm writing this from my brothers account, and don't know how to return my profile to the proper settings.

I'll fix this for you remotely now.

I may be missing something but when changing your avatar you are limited to the 90x90 square crop, is this going to stay like this?

We are now hard coded to 90x90px maximum in size. Not my choice but that's how IP coded it.

• Like 2

Shmook: what browser? If you are using ie6 that's been dropped for ages.

latest version of IE, but ive added arnies under the 'compatibility view' thingy, and it sorted now (unless you did something too?)

anywho, i know its old, but im a dinosaur with computers, and fear change!

thanks for taking the time to do all this though :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.