Forum skin/software upgrades 3.2

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can't see a +/- system anymore.   See kids, sometimes if you wish hard enough your prayers get answered   Saying that i see a Like system, ah well can't have everything.   'FireKnife'

I'll fix this for you remotely now.   We are now hard coded to 90x90px maximum in size. Not my choice but that's how IP coded it.

Sweet. Thanks a bunch, Arnie.   (As it happens, the thing I was looking for at the time turns out not to be there anyway, but the other stuff is still there, so that's good)

It may be me being a bit dense but have we lost the ability to remove the image tags from quotes?

I was replying with a quote in the picture threads and instead of seeing the tags all I got in my reply box was the original picture rather than the old url with tags.

----Arn Edit - testing image requoting-----

Adding an image to quote

01118R.jpg

Edited by Arnie
testing requoting

It may be me being a bit dense but have we lost the ability to remove the image tags from quotes?

I was replying with a quote in the picture threads and instead of seeing the tags all I got in my reply box was the original picture rather than the old url with tags.

----Arn Edit - testing image requoting-----

Adding an image to quote

Hmm for me when quoting it seems to remove the image tags from the post.

Each forum page seems to take 2 - 3 times as long to load as before. Cleared cache and no improvement. This is on Firefox 5, Win 7 Pro x64.

On Android default web browser, all images (including avatars) are only partially loading. This is on a 3G connection and on WiFi connection.

-Edit This post took ~3 minutes to get submitted.

Edited by lupin2000

Hmm for me when quoting it seems to remove the image tags from the post.

Odd, it does seem to remove them when they are linked like that when but I was quoting in the picture threads the other day and I couldn't see a way to remove the tags.

The pics it was quoting were with

[img= picture url ]

from places like photobucket.

If you try quoting this pic you might see what I mean

300px-Nyan_Cat_animation.gif

When I used to click on a previously visited topic, the site would take me to the page that I last read. Unfortunately, this no longer works (I always land on page one of a topic no matter if I've visited that particular topic before or not). Was this feature removed, or do I have to turn it on manually somewhere (or some other issue)?

Odd, it does seem to remove them when they are linked like that when but I was quoting in the picture threads the other day and I couldn't see a way to remove the tags.

[img= picture url ]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/evansy/300px-Nyan_Cat_animation.gif

If you hit the more reply options button after quoteing then in the top right of the reply frame there's a switch marked "toggle editing mode" that will switch images, urls and youtube videos back to code rather than previews.

• Like 1

[img= picture url ]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/evansy/300px-Nyan_Cat_animation.gif

I just did as mentioned above, click the top left button in the edit screen and you can edit the tags as you wish. ;)

When I used to click on a previously visited topic, the site would take me to the page that I last read. Unfortunately, this no longer works (I always land on page one of a topic no matter if I've visited that particular topic before or not). Was this feature removed, or do I have to turn it on manually somewhere (or some other issue)?

Good question, unsure as to how the feature worked prior to this. There is a feature to visit the last read part of a topci for you such as using a link like this:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/198485-forum-skinsoftware-upgrades-32/unread/

That link will always take you to the unread part of this thread. The same format link will no doubt work with other topics. I could probably enable it manually in the skin by simply editing the current skin.

Each forum page seems to take 2 - 3 times as long to load as before. Cleared cache and no improvement. This is on Firefox 5, Win 7 Pro x64.

On Android default web browser, all images (including avatars) are only partially loading. This is on a 3G connection and on WiFi connection.

-Edit This post took ~3 minutes to get submitted.

It is possible that you were accessing our forums during the backup period. We run the backup during the early hours of GMT which will slow things down somewhat.

• Like 1

Hmm, the new 'View new content' options are nice, but I'm not sure if the 'Topics I participate in' works. I have came across topics that I have replied in that have new posts. But they are not topics I 'Follow', and they don't show up in the 'View new content' when filtered with 'Topics I participate in', or at least I don't seem to be able to get them to show.

Make sure that the way reports are set up in your control panel and that you have subscribed to follow threads you want to get notifications for.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=followed

If there are an differences in there I can look into it for you.

Hmm, looks like the 'content I have not seen' is pretty quick to consider content to have been seen So using that as filter runs stuff quickly off the new content list. It looks like seeing the topic on the list is enough for it to be considered 'seen' as opposed to actually reading the new posts.

If you click on the little blue circle or star to the left of each topic instead of the topic title it will take you to the last unread post. ;)

'My Content' is acting a little strangely today. Fine yesterday, but when I logged in just now and hit the button as I usually do (I've got it saved as a favourite, so all the settings are the same as ever), it's only coming up with threads from 2005 and earlier.

Edit: It seems to work fine and come up with the correct stuff when you toggle the bar on the left down to 'Only posts', but when it's in 'Topics and posts' (which I normally use, as it fulfills the function I need of it) the problem occurs.

Edited by CKinnerley

Small little nitpick:

When viewing your "Warn Status", if your past warnings are over a page long the popup no longer has as scroll option; if you scroll, the background profile page scrolls, the warn status popup just floats there.

Might be something random to look into :)

Looking into it. There's a bug fix release coming. Big bugs we are patching in the meantime, small bugs will be fixed in the new release. I've reported this issue, which is a poor skin coding issue.

'My Content' is acting a little strangely today. Fine yesterday, but when I logged in just now and hit the button as I usually do (I've got it saved as a favourite, so all the settings are the same as ever), it's only coming up with threads from 2005 and earlier.

Edit: It seems to work fine and come up with the correct stuff when you toggle the bar on the left down to 'Only posts', but when it's in 'Topics and posts' (which I normally use, as it fulfills the function I need of it) the problem occurs.

Have you got the links for these pages? I'll look at it and see if I can replicate and report it or fix it :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.