Forum skin/software upgrades 3.2

Oh another problem I've found it seems like I need to press the "quote" button twice for it to actually quote anything. I dunno if it's my internet connection but if I see it happening again while I have a strong internet connection I'll give you a shout.

Also, thanks for the update about the daily digest issue! :P

It works okay for me in FF6 on Win7, it could be an AJAX issue in your browser. What you using?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can't see a +/- system anymore.   See kids, sometimes if you wish hard enough your prayers get answered   Saying that i see a Like system, ah well can't have everything.   'FireKnife'

I'll fix this for you remotely now.   We are now hard coded to 90x90px maximum in size. Not my choice but that's how IP coded it.

Sweet. Thanks a bunch, Arnie.   (As it happens, the thing I was looking for at the time turns out not to be there anyway, but the other stuff is still there, so that's good)

It works okay for me in FF6 on Win7, it could be an AJAX issue in your browser. What you using?

I'm on Chrome. It's working again (for the above quote) by clicking "quote" once.

Did you get your daily digests today? I didn't receive any for today.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I received a notification in my email because you quoted me in your post above.

Edited by intinerious

Well I subscribe to this one through daily digest and I haven't received anything today either.

When I go through the "content I follow" there are quite a number with bolded topic titles, which means they have new posts since I've last checked them. I've probably subscribed to some 60-70 threads (some of which are frequently updated like the reviews on WE M4, TM SOPMOD M4, KSC MP7, etc. and I used to get daily digest for those threads everyday before the forum changes) so I am sure I should get at least 1 daily disgest per day. I've also set my account to give me a notification on the forums and send another one to my emails and the only ones I've been getting through email and notifications are anyone who quoted me or anyone who replied to any existing PM threads I've made with them before the forum changes.

Good question, unsure as to how the feature worked prior to this. There is a feature to visit the last read part of a topci for you such as using a link like this:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/198485-forum-skinsoftware-upgrades-32/unread/

That link will always take you to the unread part of this thread. The same format link will no doubt work with other topics. I could probably enable it manually in the skin by simply editing the current skin.

That would be awesome. It is a bit tiring adding on the /unread/ bit at the end of each url.

That would be awesome. It is a bit tiring adding on the /unread/ bit at the end of each url.

If you click on the little blue circle or star to the left of each topic instead of the topic title it will take you to the last unread post. ;)

I've just discovered the URL tags don't function like they used to. I tried to do this:

[url=link]text[/url]  

and

[url="link"]text[/url] 

But both times the url hijacked part of the code and screwed up the link and then displayed the screwed up link just before the text, sowing both. I tried using the baby "add url tag" button, but that didn't help either.

Is there new code? or does the new software not support this?

I'd hate to keep spamming the problems I'm having with the forums over and over again; but since the last time I said I had 2 daily digests, none of the daily digests ever got to my email again.

I have also set notifications on everything in the notification options, so I suppose I'm meant to receive notifications on the forums itself whenever any of my subscribed threads have new posts? Looking through all my notifications that came out recently they are all for posts that I've been quoted in, or private message notifications.

I've subscribed to one or two more threads since I've last posted here so I'm sure I should be getting at least one daily digest a day. Arnie, are the daily digests still being backed up rather than being sent?

The daily digests is an ongoing issue, I got mine through this morning that I was meant to. Invision have told me they think they've finally got it sorted. I'm also getting notifications etc through in the top link where I've set them to appear.

The digests were not going out, backing up and causing topic/reply notifications not to get processed as well. Did you get any digests in the past 24hrs?

ED-SKar: I see what you mean. There's a fix for the editor coming as there was a few problems with inline/center tags as well. I'll check if that's also a reported issue. Can you give me a specific example of the text/code you were trying so I can quote it to IPB?

The daily digests is an ongoing issue, I got mine through this morning that I was meant to. Invision have told me they think they've finally got it sorted. I'm also getting notifications etc through in the top link where I've set them to appear.

The digests were not going out, backing up and causing topic/reply notifications not to get processed as well. Did you get any digests in the past 24hrs?

ED-SKar: I see what you mean. There's a fix for the editor coming as there was a few problems with inline/center tags as well. I'll check if that's also a reported issue. Can you give me a specific example of the text/code you were trying so I can quote it to IPB?

Nope; still nothing since the last time I said I got the 2 daily digests on 17th of August. Can you please give me an update when Invision gives you the heads up that they fixed the issue? Thanks! :D

Nope; still nothing since the last time I said I got the 2 daily digests on 17th of August. Can you please give me an update when Invision gives you the heads up that they fixed the issue? Thanks! :D

I do add stuff here that's relevant. They've been bugfixing since the 3.2 release constantly, and when there's a patch or update I've rolled it online.

What forums are you subscribed to? Can you make sure you toggle "notification" as well as "email" for your digests. That way when they do go out you'll get a notice in the notification list as well.

Bear in mind that the digest will only notify you of new topics, not replies.

I do add stuff here that's relevant. They've been bugfixing since the 3.2 release constantly, and when there's a patch or update I've rolled it online.

What forums are you subscribed to? Can you make sure you toggle "notification" as well as "email" for your digests. That way when they do go out you'll get a notice in the notification list as well.

Bear in mind that the digest will only notify you of new topics, not replies.

I wasn't implying that you don't update this thread, please don't get me wrong :P

For all the forum's I've subscribed to (do you want me to list them all out? I've subscribed to probably some 60-70 threads..perhaps I'll send you a PM tomorrow with all the threads that I subscribe to?) I've toggled both notifications and emails for my digests for almost a week already (it used to only be emails). But without actually proving that any of my subscribed forums have new replies via going through them one by one; The thread called "Initial Impressions of the TM Sopmod M4 AEG" have had updates over the last couple of days and I am subscribed to that thread, yet I have not received any daily digests from that thread at all.

What do you mean by the daily digests will only notify me of new topics? As far as I remember as long as the threads I subscribed to in the previous version of the forums have people posting on it; I'll get a daily update for that thread.

Since the new forum change, I've been only getting emails and notifications as to people who quoted my posts or for PMs, bar the 2 daily digests I mentioned earlier.

I know I just meant that I'm sending loads of tickets to Invision daily and doing lots of code stuff in the background, I just didn't want to flood the thread with dullness :)

Apologies in relation to digests I mean that forum digests will only inform you of new threads. Topic digests should give you a daily breakdown in the usual fashion.

For notifications that have worked for me I get a notification, for ones that haven't come through I've not had a notice either.

I'll add your personal report to the trouble ticket now. ;)

This post:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/150609-you-know-youve-been-playing-too-much-airsoft-when/page__view__findpost__p__2482899

I was trying to pot hole the link to this webpage:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DepartmentOfRedundancyDepartment

With the link displaying this text:

"Its a drinking game"

Normally I would use the following:

[url="http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DepartmentOfRedundancyDepartment"]Its a drinking game[/url]

However the new code seems to auto-fill the url link in non-html format. or at least hidden code. using the URL tags no longer works.

Thanks for the help boss.

Edited by ED-SKaR

Testing:Its a drinking game

Seems to work for me. I typed it exactly as you quoted and it appeared as above. Using Firefox 6 here. I typed it into the wysiwyg editor, not the code editor *you can toggle modes using the top left button in the edit screen).

Testing:

webpage to find everything

Ok thats working now that I have changed the editing mode. Thanks lord Arnie :).

Edited by ED-SKaR

Seem to be encountering a bit of an issue with viewing the latest post in a thread. When I click on the little circle/star, it'll go near to the end but generally a couple of posts up. I'm almost getting the sneaking suspicion that it's got 'stuck' always going back to a certain point, not been able to confirm yet though.

• 1 month later...

Apologies for coming late to the party, but hey, there is a war on. Wasn't aware of any of this, since I've not received any Arnie's emails for months and I'm too busy to drop in here daily like I used to...

Is there any way to get back the Notes section? I had a LOT of important stuff in there, and now it's just gone without so much as a by-your-leave??? Not impressed. :(

There was notes section? Was this part of your member's control panel?

We don't get a list of what we may lose or gain for software releases when they are sent out. We're kinda slave to the machine with such things, we have to upgrade to maintain support.

I will have a dig, whilst I may not be able to reenable a feature easily ( I won't hack the baord software as we just lose the update in a new version) I will be able to dig out the data.

No problem. I've fixed it for you and restored that functionality. You should be able to find it under "my settings" (top right drop down menu).

This link will also work: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notes

Old notes should appear there for you. Lemme know if there's any issues.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.