Meet-A-Member

FireKnife

Well after feeling that a little of the community is vanishing from airsoft i thought perhaps it is time to see if we can't get more people meeting up, having a game and a laugh.

So here is the idea, players on here should post to try and meet at games, arranging appearences at local sites, either deciding to meet someone beforehand or state a date or event you will be attending a see what other members you can round up.

Now to make sure this is not elitist or exclusive it is open to anyone that you can put an airsoft forum name to, so long as one of you are on Arnies (would make sense as how else would you have seen this :P) and you put the names, screen or real, of the others you have met then all is good. Also a picture would be great.

So to start it all off here is myself and kaufmau from here (yes it is me in the Alpenflage) at Swindon's Experience Airsoft:

dscf00042x.jpg

So, get out there, meet others, put up the pics (with permission of course) and lets try and inject even more community into the hobby :P

'FireKnife'

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Top tip for the day, play on fireknifes team, i almost left with a higher voice. But was a most excellent day!

Considering that i hit you at least once and it is very likely that you got me at least once (during the special forces games if i recall) that made it all the more fun. Saying that i will be heading to Bristol Airsoft this Sunday with other guys off here so will get more pics up then :P

So I missed the point a little. My bad?

Well not entirely, at least now someone else can see you, decide to meet you and then get a couple of you in a pic, maybe a person that has been on here for years, played along side you for years but never thought to say hello.

'FireKnife'

Sounds like a good idea, I'll see what I can do when on leave! Infact, it's going to be my main mission.

I'll be at:

F&O Anzio - 20th Aug

F&O Mall - 21st Aug

GZ Weekender - 26th-28th Aug

That's what I am booked into anyway so anyone who is gonna be there feel free to say hello, it should be pretty obvious who I am.

Actually this thread is pretty spot on with my recent experiences here in VA, and adrummer mentioned it earlier today so I thought I'd post, although he wanted to update his status as "[stupid voice]I'm shopping for groceries with Frogfish![/stupid voice]".

Went to a game hoping to meet some folks on the local forum and ended up meeting a bunch of people I knew from here, for example Kai_Wolf and Adrummer(bunch numbers I can't remember), and Voodookid(more numbers, I seem to be brain dead tonight). Been a completely different airsoft experience than what I've been having back in Texas, here I'm a nobody so I don't have to play leader or listen to complaints all day, I can just play, and it's really brought me back to level with airsoft I'm having way more fun just playing. It also helps when some of the people you play with are real legit type guys and they can make sure your kit is goodtogo!

I'm definitely up for a meet up!

I'll be at pretty much every sunday game at Finmere airsoft, and I'm at the Ground Zero Weekender too.

I've already met a few from this forum: ED-SKaR, Smoke, flatout, Freight, Xaccers, curlyboy, Pdubyah. Am lacking in pics though.

My next outing is 28th Aug F&O the Mall

Might be up for making that one then, get a few games and pics in for the thread :P

Glad to hear others think this is a good idea, hope to just inject a bit more 'hey guys, i know you from....' into the forum.

'FireKnife'

I've met quite a few members in person through selling on gear, does that count?

Anything to expand the community, though obviously games would be first on the list nothing wrong with perhaps having a group of you do a airsoft house party, try each others guns and have a few beers. Just to get even more community into this hobby, which with it being somewhat underground doesn't help.

'FireKnife'

I think for me it is going to be the 21st when i visit. If anyone in the Bristol area wants a lift then give us a heads up. Plus whomever is there on here is welcome to come meet us, i will get a pic of my loadout up after i have attended a game next week along with another member as i use the same loadout for all my indoor games :P

'FireKnife'

Here we go, this is me:

IMG_2914.jpg

IMG_2917.jpg

IMG_2916.jpg

Please come say hello to me on the 21st if you're at the mall. Fireknife, i'll be heading over there from bristol also, hopefully a few of my mates will be coming too so we'll have a car full but if not then i'll hit you up for a lift (with petrol money ofc) if that's ok?

Right, well now i know of one more person to look out for on the 21st (once my booking is confirmed). :P

If anyone can't work out who i am just look for 1911s, innuendo and the guy that spends most of his time laughing ;)

'FireKnife'

Archived