SRC M4 RIS and crane stock

This gun had alot of potential being rear wired and including a metal RIS kit. However, it did not work properly from the start! The cylinder head had no o ring on it so there was no compression thus the FPS was maxing at 240. The famous Camden based shop that i purchased the gun from replaced the hop unit but this fixed nothing. I then had to replaced the o ring and so have not yet fired the gun after being fixed! the RIS kit is a little wobbly and so is the barrel but all in all i guess this is a good gun but my experiences with it force me to give it a 2 out of 5, purely personal.

DUG

G36 is not much better, The Version 3 G36 is nice but the dimensions are off ever so slightly. Better than the Version 2 SRC g36 though everything seems to be TM compatible untill they aren't.

They are not really TM compatible, they are CA compatible(I have both CA and SRC).

A Taiwanese proprietor of a local airsoft shop is trying his best to sweet talk me into buying an SRC Gen 3 M4 or AK, instead of the more expensive Vega Force M4. He swears by the SRC Gen 3's improved performance. I on the otherhand remain skeptical. I had the unfortunate experience of having once purchased a Gen 2 SRC XR-8-2 (HK XM-8) which proved to be nothing but junk externally and more so internally, Since then I have not bought an SRC. However, I must admit that I almost gave in recently, thanks to all your posts, Im staying clear of SRC. Thank you for saving me from another miserable purchase.

Edited by warspite

I'm more inclined to think the problem is you bought an SRC, any reason that you didn't plumb for a CA or G&P?

Well, I already have five G&P Rifles (FN M16A4/M-14 DMR/Defender/Sentry VLTOR/Magpul PTS MOE M4 CQB) and three Classic Army ones (SLR105A1/MP5SD6/AUG A1). I guess I was just curious how SRC products perform when I made that mistaken purchase. To my horror, the SRC Gen 2 V3 gearbox was poorly reinforced; Tappet plate, selector plate and cylinder head were all made of brittle plastic; piston body, gears, spring and hop packing were all a joke (in other words, complete rubbish). As far as Im concerned, I will never again even contemplate purchasing an SRC.

At OP, Did you buy the GENIII version or the *suitcasey* GEN I /II?

If you brought the GENI/II no wonder you are having so much trouble, I have had my GENIII 416 for over a year and i have never had a fault with the gear box, Out of the box it was shooting around 330, The only thing that sucks is taking the gun apart

Just take a read of this thread and some of the extra links provided with in it

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=62006