G&G F2000 Video Review inc. RIS

Good review, very thorough. It's always very useful when a review contains a long term report, so thumbs up to that.

When the gun first came out, I dismissed it pretty quickly based on the number of disappointing design flaws that were present, including the disappearing shoulder pad, the odd choice of hop-up type, the trigger problems, etc, but it seems like the gun might be a winner after all.

G&G make some strange AEG designs, but they certainly seem like high quality at least.

I think you have to hand it to G&G for making the G2010 a really outstanding out-of-the-box performer out of a rarely-seen platform. There are some issues, but most are pretty trivial (modifying midcaps to fit, need for a sling adaptor to retain the stock buttpad, etc) compared to some other "unique" guns that have released and quickly acquired reputations for terrible performance and reliability; I'm looking at you, ARES TAR-21 and PTS Masada.

• 3 weeks later...

I think you have to hand it to G&G for making the G2010 a really outstanding out-of-the-box performer out of a rarely-seen platform. There are some issues, but most are pretty trivial (modifying midcaps to fit, need for a sling adaptor to retain the stock buttpad, etc) compared to some other "unique" guns that have released and quickly acquired reputations for terrible performance and reliability; I'm looking at you, ARES TAR-21 and PTS Masada.

Quoted for massive truth. Having used mine regularly (by "regularly" I mean "my other AEG has been sitting in the corner since then" :P) since February, it's been a rock solid performer. I was very weary before buying it, having heard of the cut-off lever problems, the mid-cap issues, some horror stories here and there, but mine has been flawless so far. After modification - which is admitedly a needless hassle, had they bothered to research their own design a bit better - the magazines feed and fit flawlessly.

My main gripe is the lack of parts availability. I think I might've managed to order the RIS and Hunter upper-receiver kit from a local store. Keyword being might, given I've been told it's been ordered, but only the Hunter upper has been confirmed to be on route and customs in Portugal can be a real *badgeress* about airsoft parts and I've only seen WGCShop stocking the RIS set. And I really want that damned RIS. This is however something you have to be able to deal with, should you chose to pick out more exotic weapons like the F2000 family.

Also, the fact that they've made the hop-up a propietary type is something I'm not too happy about either. If I need replacements, I need to contact G&G and the M4-type hop-up on a weapon like this seems like a rather poor design choice. Had they gone with a standard M4-type one, I'd be fine with it, easily replaceable at least, but the fact is they've made a dial-type adjustment on a weapon with so much room to adjust the hop-up and a propietary one, to make matters worse. Something more akin to a drum-type hop-up would've made far more sense (G3 types, I believe?).

G&G do seem to offer direct customer support on their site, but knowing how customs is in Portugal, I'm not really willing to risk ordering larger parters like the RIS kit.

Still need to get a MOSFET on it ASAP, been using it with an 11.1v 20C 1600mAh LiPo. It hasn't complained yet and the contacts don't seem even remotely charred, but I'd best really not abuse it too much. I'll probably have to find someone to custom-make one, given there's no drop-in MOSFETs for P90-type triggers to my knowledge.

It is a rock-solid performer out of the box - shoots great, reliably and accurately. I only found that if you compress the spring-guide too much when you adjust the power the gun will no longer cycle on auto. I just swap the spring instead.

• 2 months later...

A small update on my end that might be relevant to other users, given that it covers one of the issues I was afraid of -- that I might have to deal with G&G directly to get spare parts.

And I did. My gun stopped feeding and one of my local techs suggested it was most likely the tappet plate causing the issue. Tried fitting a Deepfire P90 tappet plate in (V6), but it wouldn't fit -- so the tappet plate is proprietary.

However, I'm glad to say that G&G offers a direct-to-customer maintenence service. I e-mailed them, stated the part number that I needed (taken off their exploded diagrams available on their website) and a week later, a tappet plate arrived at my door step along with a shitload of goodies -- a G&G patch and a ton of G&G stickers that they usually send to shops they deal with.

Excellent, excellent service on their behalf. No other word to describe it other than purely professional. I was supplied a tracking number and even after the packet arrived, Amo over at G&G asked if everything was alright. Top notch service.

Gun's still performing stellar as ever with non-stop service since February.

• 1 month later...

They shouldn't, not without significant filing - the F2000 frame has some slotting for the back of a regular USGI-type magazine, which on a P-Mag is ridged. The ridging on the P-Mag blocks the P-Mag entry into the F2000 magwell.

I can't really describe it any better than that, only a picture would help.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

According to the rumor mill, the F2000 is designed for magazines that match the STANAG spec. The Magpul PMAG is not STANAG. However, the EMAG (export mag) is *supposed* to work in STANAG spec weapons like the L85 and F2000 etc. I have seen photos of the G&G F2000s with EMAGs in them so, unless they are purely for show, those should do the trick.

^mostly speculation.

i recently brought this gun, superb, but the mags are an issue. i have had to resort back to my gng high caps.

what mags are you all using?

Using mostly DBoys metal low-caps and STAR regular GI low-caps with the top area filed off to fit the gun. 7 euros a piece, five minutes with an x-acto knife per magazine and the magazine issue is solved.

I've been using mine nearly non-stop since February last year, so far the replacement bits have been:

- ICS Turbo 3000 - stock motor was near-dead after a year of 11.1v usage.

- New trigger assembly - original one nearly burnt out from LiPo use. Ordered directly from G&G and replaced it.

- Tappet plate - original one died after God knows how many thousands of rounds (~8 months' worth of skirmishing) with an obscene RoF. Ordered from G&G.

- ICS POM Piston - the original piston, although not bad, was a bit worn from use. Replaced it sometime around the end of last year.

- Prometheus 6.03 455mm - a tad longer than the original 430mm barrel, but nothing a slightly longer flash hider can't cover.

- Replaced the original spring for some other I had laying around the house. It'll do 360 FPS on the minimum setting. Have another for "CQB" days - goes from 250 to ~300.

- GATEE.pl's MERF 3.2 Mosfet - wonderful bit of kit, an amazing bang-for-buck Mosfet. Incredibly easy to install as well, very complete.

This gun is my pride and joy. It shoots like a freaking laser gun alongside G&G's .25g Biodegradables. With the EoTech replica I use on it, where the reticle is is where the BBs go. No exception. There's no noticeable spread in the BB flight pattern - it's laser-accurate. Effective range is in the 50-55m.

Didn't replace gears, gave it a bog-standard motor and it works like a dream. Reliable and with a high-enough RoF (~20-22 BBs on a 1600 20c 11.1v LiPo).

I have seen photos of the G&G F2000s with EMAGs in them so, unless they are purely for show, those should do the trick.

I use EMAGs in mine, and they're excellent, but don't fit into the gun by default. Need to file a chunk of the housing of the magazine away, almost to full-thickness, to get it to fit around the magazine-release-button thing. I filed one a little too much and made a hole but patched that with some glue. The workings of the magazine are a removable unit that doesn't need tampering with. On the plus side, the EMAGs don't have the problem with the screw preventing them fitting in, once the housing's filed they're ready to rock.

• 3 months later...

If any one has parts availability issues with any g&g bit pro Airsoft supplies carry all the spares for the g&g guns as they are the main factory recognised dealer for the uk . As stated on g&g website . They also work in conjunction with the brand to solve any issues that may occur

Hence the new improved l85 and mp5 11.1 handgrip model revisions . Talk to Chewie !!

• 3 weeks later...