G&G F2000 Video Review inc. RIS

It's not filing down as such . The mag well has a screw behind the feed nozzle that protrudes and hits the top of the mid cap . Not a problem for high caps as that is were the fill up door is

So get a mid with an indentation/ recess there and it's not a problem , apparently real sword mags have this or use a Lonex which is better anyway as no tedious winding required

When you file down mags to work in this gun, will they still work in other M4-type weapons?

Yes they will, however not all mid caps can be sawed short on that part because some have longer springs there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=murNRHKBF1Y

Here they show it on King Arms magazine(I also did it on my own KA mags), and as far as I know MAG magazines are good too. Real Sword mags require no modding. If you hit the mags a bit harder in the magwell before sawing them you will see a little mark where they get stuck, which could help in sawing the right amount.

Was watching this review last night, have seen it before but definitely worth a second viewing (ended up watching a couple of your other review videos too).

Does anyone know if PTS midcaps work in these or is the outdent too long?

Well the look pretty similar to EMAGs from what I can see. I have EMAGs and they don't fit in my F2000 for the same reason you mentioned.