warren280474

ok resolved to choose from one of these 2 rifles; but again not knowing to much about them i would just like to see what others opinion on these are.

from reading around on site i think if i gathered right that these are more or less the same yet im hearing that the vsr are known to have more problems, is this correct.

im after a rifle as stated that is more realistic in both looks and in the way it handles and from looking at a few on youtube the l96 seems to be winning. i beleive also the l96 has more upgradeable parts than the vsr.

i am based in n wales and i wonder if there is anyone that has any of these that will allow me to link up and see what they look like etc etc. if there is anyone nr me and wouldnt mind could you pm me thanks

From the reviews on the TM(I assume this is the brand you are comparing) L96 on this very forum has more possible weak points that can cause inaccuracy/unreliability(in feeding the round).

But it looks cool and you probably will not need to fire very many shots in an operation...

So I would go for the L96 if I were you. The look and mag placement makes it even somewhat worthwhile as a wallhanger(I just wish TM would do without the cheap ABS plastic...even a little nylonfiber would improve the visual quality by a lot).

I think it is more important to get the best performing platform that has the most reliability. Therefore the VSR wins hands down. Besides, the idea is not to be seen; so who cares what it looks like. VSR might be light, but once you start crawling around, you realise that being lighter is massive blessing.

Good Hunting ;)

Both guns are totally upgradeable Warren. Which gun do you like the looks of? I agree the VSR's kind of feel like a toy.

i like the looks of the l91 but then again i like the drs1 lol

and i guess being in with keeping it realistic as posssiable.

is there any diffrence in body wise?

i take it the vsr's are more plastic than the l91 or am i wrong?

I think it is more important to get the best performing platform that has the most reliability. Therefore the VSR wins hands down. Besides, the idea is not to be seen; so who cares what it looks like. VSR might be light, but once you start crawling around, you realise that being lighter is massive blessing.

Good Hunting ;)

wots the diffrence between the vsr 10, g spec i take it if im right once shorter an lighter and could you tell me wot about the pro version?

The TM G-SPEC is indeed shorter and comes with a brass 303mm inner barrel. yes, it's short but still accurate. It also comes with sling swivels (I think they are noisey and taken them off) a scope rail and a silencer that works really well at lower velocities.

The TM pro sniper comes with a 430mm (stainless steel?) inner barrel. It comes with iron sights and no swivels. Other than that they are identical.

If you play on a denser woodland site, the shorter rifle is better imo. If you intend to fit a 430mm TB then you may aswell get the pro sniper. Just add a scope rail and you are on a par.

They are both good rifles and it's more upto you which is the one to buy.

Good Hunting ;)

Yes. The parts are far more common and proven. If you look at TRASHER's reviews of the TM L96 you will find he had several problems despite being a very experienced Airsofter. He also noted that the cyclinder volume is far bigger on the VSR if you want high power. The Loading mechanism is more open to problems on the L96 too.

I guess that is why TRASHER put his L96 up for sale and went back to the VSR10.

VSR10 is cheaper too.

Good Hunting ;)

I don't think that's so true anymore, apart from the larger cylinder for higher FPS which as I'm sure you know isn't relevant in the UK) as laylax and PDI both now make upgrade parts for the L96 as much as the VSR, external customisation is limited tho, but then that's why you'd buy an L96, for the looks above a VSR, feed tube is not an issue with good quality BB's tho, as I read in many reviews.

TRASHER had problems with the upgrade parts made by PDI. I strongly suggest you read the TM L96 thread on here from about page 4 onwards and read TRASHERS posts.

The TM VSR wins over the TM L96. It's proven and simple, with no gimmicky loading system and aftermarket parts that actually fit properly.

Good Hunting ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived