Could someone check over my CA M24 fps results?

Tommygunn

Going to be getting back into airsoft so I've dusted off my CA M24 and given it a service.

I tested the rifle with my Combro chrono but could someone tell me if the numbers stack up.

0.20 = 490fps

0.25 = 468fps

0.36 = 409fps

0.43 = 370fps

I can't really remember the spec as I got the rifle years ago so I don't know the spring strength but the spring and all the rest of the internals are PDI.

Can you tell me what spring I have fitted and whether my Combro is on the money?

Cheers,

Tom.

I looked on this calculator...

http://mackila.com/airsoft/ATP/10-b-01.htm

the numbers didn't add up to what you have, but the calculator isn't proven to be correct.

I suggest you have a 150 spring. I would just worry about what it reads with 0.20g as that is what most sites will use to check the rifle.

Good Hunting ;)

With added joules

0.20 = 490fps = 2.225

0.25 = 468fps = 2.538

0.36 = 409fps = 2.794

0.43 = 370fps = 2.732

So you might got some air leaks since you are producing more energy with 0.36 then with 0.43, or you simply don't have enough air volume. But I could be mistaken, I tried to do reading like this on my rifle but the chrono turned out to be to unstable.

Did a quick test with grease instead of oil and the results seem pretty much the same.

However, I found that I had a variance in the fps and it changed from one shot to the next. It was pretty much that way with oil.

I fired about 15 shots that gave me random fps readings of the following values:

0.2g BB

483fps - one or two times

490 to 495fps - a few

499fps - once

509fps - at least twice.

Is it normal to get random fps results in near specific values?

Does that seem a normal variance on the values?

It's the high and low values which are most bothersome, or rather I would like to have the rifle shooting at the 500/510fps mark.

Tom.

I have put in a fibre and nylon washer on the spring guide, about 3mm in total, to slightly tension the spring. Here are the results for five shots on a 0.2g bb.

505fps

501fps

504fps

498fps

506fps

That'll do for me!

I'll put it down to the rifle and spring being 8 years old.

Tom.

Edit:

It would appear, after checking my WGC order history (26/4/2003), that I actually have a First Factory - PSS2 170 Spring for APS2 spring fitted.

Archived