Echo 1 M240 box mag jamming issues

steel tiger

Hey guys,

Over the last month I have had some major issues with both my M240 box mags. They seem to be jamming every couple a hundred rounds. They apear to be jamming down in the feeding mechanism. Only seems to happen when the box mag has over 1000 rounds in it. If I just put a couple hand fulls of ammo in it feed fine. When it james the little lever on top the wheel needs to pulled back or pushed forward to clear the jam. Most times it is jamed hard and I have to dump all the ammo out, then pull the lever back in the opposite way the feed system spins. This is because the feed wheel seems very stiff and jammed.

Has any one had any problems like this or have any ideas how to fix it? Echo 1 has been less then helpful so far.

I have tried 4 different types of name brand ammo. It had been shooting fine it just started this problem with the latest box mag last week. The other box mag started doing it two months ago so I ordered the replacement. Now they are both screwed up.

im not all that familiar with this gun but what type of battery powers the box mag, off the gun or seperate?

if off of the gun is the rof running much quicker than the box mag can feed? or vice versa?

I had similar problems with an old CA 249,balancing the rof with feed.

Archived