ballistic tsunami run N Gun Failure drills

I'm going to recommend this video to my unit's land warfare instructors. This will revolutionize the way we fight.

Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield.

This is actually painful to watch

@Azubi: What was the most painful part? Just keep in mind that these are, "failure," drills. We're going beyond our normal comfort zones. We're practicing techniques that could save our lives, techniques that most players neglect to even think about. Most importantly, we're cementing a problem solving mindset.

@Ardrummber292: Thanks for the compliment. Please keep me updated on your instructor's criticism and opinions.

@Ardrummber292: Thanks for the compliment. Please keep me updated on your instructor's criticism and opinions.

lol ever heard of sarcasm

i feel like i have been robbed at gun point, i want those 10,35 minutes back (just kidding i stopped watching after 44 seconds,)

i don't want to be rude but there are already way to much training video's and almost al of them are better than yours

and your didn't cover the most important failures (stripping a piston , breaking gears,and you didn't go into detail about how to use the plastic rod to fix a failure to feed)

i feel like i have been robbed at gun point, i want those 10,35 minutes back (just kidding i stopped watching after 44 seconds,)

i don't want to be rude but there are already way to much training video's and almost al of them are better than yours

and your didn't cover the most important failures (stripping a piston , breaking gears,and you didn't go into detail about how to use the plastic rod to fix a failure to feed)

But this is for stuff we'd do on the field, not back at the loading area. I don't think Ardrummer292 was being sarcastic. The painful to watch comment was from another guy. Maybe my lousy attempt at a multiquote confused you? And yes you're probably right: ALMOST ALL TRAINING VIDEOS out there are better than mine. We don't know what we're doing out there.

"going beyond our normal comfort zones" .... "techniques that could save our lives" .."cementing a problem solving mindset"

Without wanting to offend, the previous comments just comes down to how different people view airsoft. I am of the mindset that airsoft is a game of fancy dress to be played in the woods with my mates on the weekend. I am in a team that occasionally does training, I do impressions and take part in 24+ hour events but at the end of the day its a game for my own enjoyment.

I think the majority of people are put off by the jargon thrown around as coming across as a bit try hard and trying to mimic the jargon used in the military. Having a slightly more laid back attitude doesn’t mean you have to be any worse of a player or put any less effort into it.

At the end of the day if you enjoy it then carry on but don’t expect everyone in the commu

nity to treat it a seriously you do. Not everyone has the same idea about how it should be played so best to find a group of like minded players who all want to get the same thing out of it.

Also I wouldn’t take Ardrummber292 compliment as a compliment.

Edited due to horrible formatting

He was almost certainly being VERY sarcastic.

BUT

You totally misunderstand a "failure drill" A failure drill is a repetitive drill with no upper limit, for example, the bleep test is a failure drill. For those who don't know. You run between 2 points before a bleep. turn around and run back before the next bleep. The bleep just gets faster and faster. There is no 'win' eventually you will fail because you can't make it before the bleep.

The idea is that I am an experienced shooter, I could shoot a selection of man sized targets at 30' within 2s all day. But I won't learn from doing that. A failure drill says, put 1 shot in at 2s, then 3 shots at 2s then 4, then 5 and so on until you start missing.

I think the video was unnecessarily long, you could of shortened it to 2 or 3 mins and it came across as VERY pretentious, but people shouldn't be so outright negative, there's no point.

He was almost certainly being VERY sarcastic.

BUT

You totally misunderstand a "failure drill" A failure drill is a repetitive drill with no upper limit, for example, the bleep test is a failure drill. For those who don't know. You run between 2 points before a bleep. turn around and run back before the next bleep. The bleep just gets faster and faster. There is no 'win' eventually you will fail because you can't make it before the bleep.

The idea is that I am an experienced shooter, I could shoot a selection of man sized targets at 30' within 2s all day. But I won't learn from doing that. A failure drill says, put 1 shot in at 2s, then 3 shots at 2s then 4, then 5 and so on until you start missing.

I think the video was unnecessarily long, you could of shortened it to 2 or 3 mins and it came across as VERY pretentious, but people shouldn't be so outright negative, there's no point.

Haha, yea you're right he was being sarcastic, oh well. For those of you that get something out of the video, I dedicate it to you. For the haters. Keep hating.

I've had a membership here for a while, but don't ever post. Allow me to give a little bit of info on this video.

I'm the guy wearing the camera. This video was not created for you, the viewer, but rather for our benefit, so we can look at what we do from a different perspective. It became content for the youtube channel, but if it does not interest or amuse you, then don't watch it.

We practice regularly because we have a passion for airsoft, and are constantly looking to improve. This is just one of the many ways we try to better ourselves on the field. If you are a very casual airsofter, that's fine. I will have my view, and you will have yours, there is no changing either.

As for failure drills, you can call it what you want. Our nomenclature may be off, so just think of it as a "practice" video. As for other videos being better than ours, great, go watch them. There's no need for us to have the "best" training video ;)

We play alot of CQB because it is our favorite type of gameplay, although we have experience in all sorts of gametypes. In the CQB fields we go to, it is necessary to transition to your sidearm inside all buildings. This is ALOT of buildings. It becomes a necessary skill to transition back and forth between the primary and secondary weapon, and engage effectively with both. We also find ourselves changing which sides we shoot from for the same reasons.

So, we seek to hone the skills we use on our particular fields. If you absolutely despised the video, instead of typing how ridiculous you thought it was, why don't you give constructive criticism?....that is, if you still continued to watch it.

On the other hand, if you do trainings of your own, we would love for you to post about what you do, so we can benefit from it. That would be much appreciated.

Stuff

I'm the guy wearing the camera. This video was not created for you, the viewer, but rather for our benefit, so we can look at what we do from a different perspective. It became content for the youtube channel, but if it does not interest or amuse you, then don't watch it.

More stuff

This kinda becomes irrelevant once you post it openly on a forum. If you didn't expect criticism, you shouldnt have posted it.

on the contrary, we'd love criticism--constructive criticism. I was giving insight on why the video was made, not necessarily what is done with it, or where it's posted. No matter where it is, there's still no need to watch it if it does not interest you.

However, it was posted here for those who might be interested.

You want constructive criticism? OK here's some....

1. Some of you're targets are being engaged from INSIDE what most fields have for a minimum engagement distance. Now perhaps your regular place doesn't have any, but it still seems odd....

2. You have this course set up in someone's back-yard. In most municipalities in the US, shooting an airsoft gun in the city is illegal. Again, this may not apply in your situation, but it definitely looks bad.

3. As others have mentioned...10 minutes long is a bit excessive for a video of two guys running the same drill repeatedly. (I managed to stick out for 8 minutes, but only because I'm killing time at work.)

a bit of a better training aid is to move the targets around as well, the sites i play at the opfor dont sit in the same place for ten minutes.

When the team i used to roll with had training nights, we had access to a small kill house with fig 11's, we'd break into two four man teams, team 1 would set up the targets for team 2 and vice versa, in various positions around the K house, the team that was sitting out would monitor the "attacking team" and give constructive advice if anyone was out of place (and randomly throw in flash bangs to mix it up)

we did this a couple of times a month for a couple of hours at a time, our clearance drills were pretty good after just a few sessions.You and your buddy could easily do this in your back yard.

Its good that your practiceing, but mix it up a bit.

(i lasted 2 mins on the vid, skipped a bit,watched a bit)

a bit of a better training aid is to move the targets around as well, the sites i play at the opfor dont sit in the same place for ten minutes.

When the team i used to roll with had training nights, we had access to a small kill house with fig 11's, we'd break into two four man teams, team 1 would set up the targets for team 2 and vice versa, in various positions around the K house, the team that was sitting out would monitor the "attacking team" and give constructive advice if anyone was out of place (and randomly throw in flash bangs to mix it up)

we did this a couple of times a month for a couple of hours at a time, our clearance drills were pretty good after just a few sessions.You and your buddy could easily do this in your back yard.

Its good that your practiceing, but mix it up a bit.

(i lasted 2 mins on the vid, skipped a bit,watched a bit)

Thanks for the tip, we should move the targets around more. And as for the video, shorter is the consensus. Anyone have any videos of their training or more tips?

I appreciate videos like this actually. It reminds me of the fact that you could effectively do shoot-n-move style contests with airsoft guns totally legitimately. The range is a little close though, a bigger practicing area with more distant targets would do a lot to make this more like real airsoft. Also good job forcing people to move to cover and getting them to fire from the off shoulder. Push that a bit further with proning, firing over very low cover (enough cover for prone but not for crouching), shooting targets while being forced to crouch (Tunnel maybe?), crawling then firing and for some extra fun force a two lap run in gear before starting the actual course.

Also, haters gonna hate etc.

You want constructive criticism? OK here's some....

1. Some of you're targets are being engaged from INSIDE what most fields have for a minimum engagement distance. Now perhaps your regular place doesn't have any, but it still seems odd....

2. You have this course set up in someone's back-yard. In most municipalities in the US, shooting an airsoft gun in the city is illegal. Again, this may not apply in your situation, but it definitely looks bad.

3. As others have mentioned...10 minutes long is a bit excessive for a video of two guys running the same drill repeatedly. (I managed to stick out for 8 minutes, but only because I'm killing time at work.)

We're safe, neighbors know me. I might a disclaimer in a future video though. Yea shorter is better.

I appreciate videos like this actually. It reminds me of the fact that you could effectively do shoot-n-move style contests with airsoft guns totally legitimately. The range is a little close though, a bigger practicing area with more distant targets would do a lot to make this more like real airsoft. Also good job forcing people to move to cover and getting them to fire from the off shoulder. Push that a bit further with proning, firing over very low cover (enough cover for prone but not for crouching), shooting targets while being forced to crouch (Tunnel maybe?), crawling then firing and for some extra fun force a two lap run in gear before starting the actual course.

Also, haters gonna hate etc.

Thanks for the suggestions: the course is setup in our vision of an IDPA, granted its in a backyard

- i'll probably put a disclaimer in the video for other viewers in the future: check laws, etc...

- my neighbors know what I'm doing. They even ask me to kill pests in their yards with other "tools"

- yea its small space, but gotta make due

- the targets are close but then again they are small (two cans side by side) which mimics a larger target at range

- there are no minimum engagement distances with pistol at my favorite indoor CQB field

- we SHOULD do more dynamic cover. Got lazy that day...

- I've seen a pistol training video where the shooter had to do 10 push ups before running the drill, hehe... we might try something similar to get the heart rate up

Yup haters, hate. Its all good though, they've made kept this topic at the top of the forums for a few days now.

Think most people on here understand you posted you 'training film' as a demonstration of your take on failure drills . Problem is when come out with quotes like this ;

We're practicing techniques that could save our lives,.

You just come across as a pretentious c**k and any thing you say will be ridiculed .

Think most people on here understand you posted you 'training film' as a demonstration of your take on failure drills . Problem is when come out with quotes like this ;

You just come across as a pretentious c**k and any thing you say will be ridiculed .

Wow, that sounds so pretentious.

Archived