SB 798 is finally dead.

Ballistic Tsunami Airsoft

Info from www.Roundhouseproductions.com

SB 798's 2nd hearing is over: Airsofters win for now. Stupid liberals with their crazy agendas lose yet again.

Thank you Sean and Peter Ho from Spartan Imports. And to everyone in California, remember to support your local Airsoft stores and distributors. They fought long and hard for us California Airsofters. I was definitely disappointed to see some major airsoft retailers, distributors, etc... with lots of clout NOT support the California Airsoft community in our time of need. How long does it take to make a quick video for youtube? Write an article? Post some links to get more information? Yea it could be seen as a conflict of interest, but standing idly shows your true colors. I'm not criticizing any small operations, only large scale operations with power and influence that did little to nothing to raise awareness. Simply put, I'd rather support retailers, distributors, news sites, etc... that stood by the California Airsoft community in it's darkest hour yet.

Whether you like it or not or want to admit it, California sets trends for the US. Whatever laws pass here, opens doors to pass in other states. Oh yea big thumbs down for the paintball industry leaders, mainly paintball product manufactures. You guys took the carrot on a stick from Senator De Leon, twice. And that's even after he backstabbed you during the first hearing! I have nothing against paintballers or paintball field owners, just the big wigs who sold out the Airsoft community. Any chance of me buying paintball guns or masks went out the window. I'm boycotting you till you get your heads out of your *albatross*.

I'll keep it professional and not name any big Airsoft retailers or distributors that didn't support us in our fight against SB 798. And I hope nobody does in this post, please don't. I'd rather focus on companies and entities that did support the California Airsoft community and in the larger picture, the entire US. If you have any names to add to the list, please do. Think twice where you spend your airsoft dollars. You could be buying from a company more interested in lining their pockets than the community that supports them, aka you! And isn't that the heart and soul of customer service?

Arniesairsoft!

airsoftsafetyfoundation.org (Peter Ho, you the man)

AirsoftExtreme.com

Airsoftgi.com

pyramidairsoft.com

spartanimports.com

roundhouseproductions.com (Sean St. Chin, you rock)

airsoftmegastore.com

youtubers:

milsimjunkie

mercsairsoft

ballistic tsunami

CURRENT BILL STATUS

MEASURE : S.B. No. 798 AUTHOR(S) : De León. TOPIC : Imitation firearms: regulation. +LAST AMENDED DATE : 08/18/2011 TYPE OF BILL : Inactive Non-Urgency Non-Appropriations Majority Vote Required Non-State-Mandated Local Program Non-Fiscal Non-Tax Levy LAST HIST. ACT. DATE: 09/06/2011 LAST HIST. ACTION : Set, final hearing. Failed passage in committee. Returned to Chief Clerk pursuant to Joint Rule 62(a). COMM. LOCATION : ASM PUBLIC SAFETY COMM. ACTION DATE : 09/06/2011 COMM. ACTION : Set, final hearing. Failed passage. TITLE : An act to repeal and add Section 53071.5 of the Government Code, relating to imitation firearms.

(non PG13 video removed)

This Song Describes this Thread

I knew we would win this battle, however, to truly keep airsoft alive, we gotta keep using safe proofreaders along with protection. Why? because knowing is half the battle

GGGGGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEE

I'd rather focus on companies and entities that did support the California Airsoft community and in the larger picture, the entire US. If you have any names to add to the list, please do. Think twice where you spend your airsoft dollars. You could be buying from a company more interested in lining their pockets than the community that supports them, aka you! And isn't that the heart and soul of customer service?

I'd say the vested interest of not loosing business would be enough for them to speak up? In the UK our defense was negotiated entirely by retailers and site operators, not because they love airsoft, but because without the game they don't have a business.

The problem with the death of this bill is that De Leon had another amendment (AB1402) attached to existing law that I think most airsofters overlooked, that piece of legislation passed. I've tried googling to find it but its buried deep. AB1402 as I was told on Calguns allows every single municipality in California to write their own laws regarding imitation firearms. Essentially this means each city can paint, outlaw, legalize, ban the use of airsoft/BB/airguns as they see fit. To think about it as players airsoft could be illegal in City A but legal in Cities B, C, and D, however in City B and D airsoft is only legal on weekends...

We'll have to see how AB1402 pans out.

I'd say the vested interest of not loosing business would be enough for them to speak up? In the UK our defense was negotiated entirely by retailers and site operators, not because they love airsoft, but because without the game they don't have a business.

Yea maybe they don't care about players at all, maybe they just see us as sheep to be exploited for every single dollar / pound we have. ;)

I may have been a bit idealistic in the post. And the truth of the matter is blood, sweat, and tears of many individuals paid for the rights of Airsofters in California and in the larger picture the whole of the US. Yea some may just be looking at saving their businesses but many owners really do enjoy the game and actually find pleasure in the game and pleasure in serving their customers. Imagine that!

Vigilance, guys. Another bill like this can happen again. In the meantime, play safely and play properly.

And whatever you do, DON'T play at NIGHT in a PUBLIC city park.

I have played at night, in a public city park.

However, proper contact with the park management and local police department were made.

That was indeed a long and hard fought battle, the one time all california state retailers and major retailers across the country were all focusing their efforts and energy to let the public safety committee know about the heinous and illogical reasoning behind De Leon's bill. anit-airsoft legislation all comes in waves though, but hopefully this is the largest we'll face for a very long time. The above posters are right about vigilance, we dont want any politition with an agenda to have any more ammo to start such a thing.

Archived