RS 1911 Magwell in Marui 1911

uscmCorps

I'm interested in buying and installing a RS main spring housing/magwell into my Marui 1911 (it's the Redwolf MEU based Nighthawk Custom 1911). Has anyone done such a mod before on a Marui 1911 based body kit? Is it a lot of work to modify the RS magwell to work? Curious as to what work is involved.

I've seen photos somewhere comparing a RS MSH to an airsoft one, and there are significant differences. The RS would need significant machining before it would fit, and even then I'm not sure it would work, because of the length, size and orientation of the flanges that hold it in place.

As Nova makes some nice combo MSHs/magwells, and RW stocks them, is there a reason you're after RS? Nova makes at least a couple of different styles.

EDIT. P.S. I would be interested in hearing from someone who's tried to install the RS kind of magwell that fits inside the bottom of the grip and hooks over the two lower grip screws (i.e. not attached to the MSH).

mimesis: I'm interested in using an actual RS Nighthawk Custom mag well. I have both the Nova S&A and Vickers Magwells as well as the TSC Magwell. Of the three, TSC is most similar in style to the RS Nighthawk Custom one, but the color is off. If a RS one won't work, I'll probably get the TSC one I currently have installed cerakoted Graphite Black to match the color of the frame. That said, my first preference would be to have the new RS NHC one piece magwell work on the gun ... but that sounds like it's not going to happen.

Mike: If you can take some pics and do a side by side comparison between a RS and Marui mainspring housing, that'd be awesome! Thanks!

Archived