KJ Works, KC-02 (Ruger 10/22) Thread

gisburn20

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

guys i brought this gun to a skirmish and had my friend use it the whole day.

Apparently he did something with the safety and the whole thing fell out. Im pretty sure he lost a spring or something cause now the safety doesn't stay in place.

Does anyone know if I can get this replaced/ what the spring looks like?

Well after watching this thread for a while and clearing some old IT kit I no longer need going to be picking one of these up next week, very happy with the currently stock, I was thinking of picking up a RATECH 6.01 barrel and an Falcon Hop rubber and runing on .3's does that sound like a good plan?

These seemed like the first best things to do and see how things go from there.

What do you think?

Cheers

Rich

Dang, been a while since I've been on here.

Bill Wu - I run a Chinese SKS chest rig. Works very well, is super lightweight, holds up to 10 mags, and was super cheap. I've found 40mm moscart pouches also fit the mags quite well.

Luvs2shoot - I'm pretty sure a real steel safety/spring will fit in there. Looking at pictures, etc., they look the same anyways. MidwayUSA has all of those parts.

Rwoodcock - That'll definitely be a fine setup. I prefer the Falcon bucking to the RATech one, although I would recommend still doing that hop up shim mod that was mentioned earlier in the thread. Also, I'd recommend running .4's. I've found they give me the most consistency and accuracy.

Lastly, for those who've asked about the R-hop mod. I've had great success installing R-hops in a few TM pistols, but I didn't have much luck getting one to run well in the 10/22. With the open-top design of the 10/22's hop up and all the movement of the bolt, even with the R-hop glued in place, I had considerable movement in the hop chamber. It'd fire perfectly fine for a few rounds, then steadily start to go south. In the end, I just gave up.

Kinda bummed I cut my RATech barrel for it, but I'm not too concerned. Just bought a new one, and I'll get this one recut at a later date and use it in a bullpup 10/22 build.

Also, Hwagan, I've had the same problem with gunking up. Seems to me that the KJ's like to be cleaned every game or two, especially if you're in a dusty/dirty environment.

Best,

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

Had my first breakage in the 10/22 this past weekend. Took out a mag, and a little metal piece came out with it! Turns out the bolt catch snapped in half! :( Bolt catch still works, just stops the nozzle a good bit further forward than before.

Emailed KJW today about it, so hopefully I'll be able to get a new one. I'll let everyone know how it goes; just figured I'd let people to know it's something to watch out for!

Best,

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Took a bit, but KJW finally got back to me. Picked up a couple bolt catches along with some other tidbits I needed.

On a different note, I'd noticed we don't have the 10/22's manual posted up here yet. Quite handy for the exploded diagram anyways (and for ordering parts!), especially if you've lost your hard copy. Here's a link to the manual on KJW's site.

http://www.kjworks.com.tw/photo/12919005273.pdf

Best,

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Now that was Wierd ! just sitting here watching a film and one of my 10/22 mags spontaneously blew it's main seal! Just sitting there between my other 2 mags and fshhhhh it went. not hotspot that I can feel and the other mags are cool enough. will take it apart and report back asap

Update, not a sausage seal felt a little dry thats it. Have put it into soak in silicone oil over night.

All my lags were leaking after not touching them for about 3 months. The thing that surprised me (in a positive manner) was how incredibly simple they are, I would kill for someone to make a GBB M4 mag with such a good design.

Undo the allen bolt and the 2 halves come apart, sit the top shell with the seal in upside-down and get some silicone in there, leave for a bit, screw back together. Easy as that.

On the topic of mags leaking,

Laying in bed watching TV one night last month heard a pop whoosh sort of noise and a stink of propane, checked in the wardrobe one of my 10/22 mags blown its main seal!

Mags had been stored in wardrobe gassed up for over a month since last use just sat on a shelf at room temp.

Scared the heck out of me when it went!

Oring had a pinch in it , squirted some RTV silicone sealant round the oring and reassembled it , 2 hours later filled it with propane- all fixed.

Had a fair run out with the 10/22 today played all morning at Close Action with it (lots of spring snipers out today at least 5 on each team)

despite the cold ish weather 7-9 deg C emptied the mags and locked back everytime running 0.28's and propane.

Think I need to mod the hop and go to 0.4's , oh and I need lots more mags! she looked lovely in the RS stock and performed well ,

quite a few kills and more satisfying than an aeg , difficult to compete with the hicap kiddies though so I took an AEG out after lunch.

I think I will look into a full length inner barrel at some point too.

Jim

Jim, I was just logging on to make exactly the same post about my weekend. Both days fairly chilly 6-8*c without issue. I need to add a tiny bit more material to my hop adjuster as well.

Many spring guns @ Gunman this weekend which slowed things down but 10/2 did me proud, much silly assaulting was done.

Got mine today. Had a bit of an issue with the mag not holding gas after about 6 mags, I'd get 4 shots and then it'd run out. So I took it apart, put a bit of silicon sealant around all the o-rings(main and fill valve) and it appears to have solved the issue. I can rapid fire all 30 shots and it locks back, and I can fire off more shots(IDK how many yet, i'll test later).

I used .4's and got about 70 yards of effective range with all the stock settings. Great little gun, all it needs is a low mag scope or red dot.

Scar

Sorry for the double post, but about how many rounds are those of you using the straight mags(30 rounders) getting per fill of gas? I am getting about a mag and a half, sometimes it feels like its almost out on the last shot but it locks back.

Scar

Silly question time, I decided to give the 10/22 a clean and relube when i accidently did the screws to tight on the reciever (my own fault) have a spare reciever but for the life of me and I forgot to take a picture how does the bolt catch spring goes in.

Does anyone know how the bolt catch spring goes again?

Picture or drawing would be great, sorry just having a dense night and could not find anything on google.

Thanks

Richard

Archived