KJ Works, KC-02 (Ruger 10/22) Thread

gisburn20

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh well, I'll have to find a weaker spring with the same dimensions then.

If my calculations are correct, I should be able to build it for less than $535 (the price AirsoftGlobal wants for their already-assembled model) shipped, before taxes. The shell will need some restyling, though - I guess that my friend will part with his crappy G36 springer, especially if my mad science is involved.

hey guys, need a quick answer, I am about to order a KC-02 and was going to buy this inner barrel

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/falcon-6-03-precision-inner-barrel-for-kjw-kc-02-gbb-250mm.html

but i noticed it said 250mm. Isnt that shorter than the stock inner barrel? Is it a computer mistake?

thanks!

IIRC standard inner barrel is way shorter than the outer barrel. And while we're at barrels: does the 509mm barrel for KJW M4 fit the 10/22? Looks similar enough, and the Falcon inner/outer barrel set is sold out, so if I'm to buy a 10/22 with the intent to make it into a sniper rifle, it's the only option.

Although I haven't owned one of the Falcon ones, I'd highly recommend just waiting for the RATech one to come back in stock (or buy it from a different site). Absolutely love the 3 RATech 10/22 tightbores I've had.

Also, sorry I hadn't responded rwoodcock! Hadn't checked this in a while. Ended up having the same problem a while ago though; it's rather a pain to get the little part in!

Lastly, I got in the bolt stop I'd ordered as well as a new bolt. Found out the old bolt had a sizable crack in it, so I felt I should replace it. After getting in the new bolt it seems that KJW has reinforced some of the weak points on the bolt. Fantastic in a durability sense, but it no longer works with aftermarket bolt handles. Ended up having to do a good bit of filing to my TSC bolt handle to get it to fit. All fits snug now and it's again working great!

As a final note, I ordered the last couple of parts I've been wanting for my 10/22. Bought a Volquartsen target trigger (they're on sale over at MidwayUSA for $22 right now. Good bit better than the standard $30). Picked up a real steel Ruger recoil spring as well, as I'm rather curious whether it'll work in the KJ. I'll be sure to update on here to let everyone know how fitment of both work out.

Best,

Andy

-Realsteel stock from a Ruger 10/22 target

-Williams Firesights http://www.midwayusa.com/product/717445/williams-fire-sight-set-cva-optima-and-optima-pro-fiber-optic-green

-scope rail shortened and routed for the sights and better hopup adjustment

-Ra-tech barrel

-selfmade sling and cheap scope installed

The barrel is the standard one

If my calculations are correct, a Muzzelite KC-02 built for sniping should set me back $550 shipped, before taxes. 580 if I didn't already have a silencer to mask the longer inner barrel. So all I need... Is $200 now.

On the stock was only to dremel out the space for the rear tang on the receiver.

The rear sight is screwed into one existing hole, front sight had a new hole drilled to the barrel.

@Gisburn20: Your build was my inspiration to get this specific stock :)

As a note if you get the longer Ra-tech inner barrel like I did you will need to get the longer outer barrel set from RAtech as well, I did not realise so I know have a spare 6.01 barrel always handy to have spares.

Must take a picture or two later, off to a private day this weekend if its not too cold might take the ruger out for some fun ;-)

As a note if you get the longer Ra-tech inner barrel like I did you will need to get the longer outer barrel set from RAtech as well, I did not realise so I know have a spare 6.01 barrel always handy to have spares.

Must take a picture or two later, off to a private day this weekend if its not too cold might take the ruger out for some fun ;-)

...how long is the extension? A 240 mm (9 1/2" or thereabouts) can should cover it completely, but I also need some solution for transporting the thing. A 5" can I've ordered for my PPK (to be) should be enough, judging from the standard outer barrel length, but I need some confirmation.

Archived