KJ Works, KC-02 (Ruger 10/22) Thread

gisburn20

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The front of the standard outer barrel is threaded -14mm with a cap to cover it and protect the thread, the threaded section is also removeable as it forms the end of the outer barrel and has flats cut into it to use a wrench on this is clockwise threaded so watch out when you tighten down a silencer (-14mm) you may unscrew the threaded barrel end!

%Jim

Jebus, I could've sworn that G&P makes a comp just like that one.

They do a KAC one which is very similar, but not quite what he's after I think. Also this won't fit since it's got a diameter of about 12.7mm you would need someone with access to a lathe to bore it out and rethread it.

They do a KAC one which is very similar, but not quite what he's after I think. Also this won't fit since it's got a diameter of about 12.7mm you would need someone with access to a lathe to bore it out and rethread it.

well that's one option however I'm going for the brute strength and ignorance route and I'll drill it out to 13.5mm and then thread it on a steel 14mm barrel. simple and effective or stupid and knackered are the 2 likely outcomes.

We have some talented engineers on the forum, I would be surprised if they couldn't make one from scratch for less than that costs

(with the correct thread already...) There could be a fair market for 10/22 parts, you could ask Lees Precision Engineering?

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

rightio,

Got my free 10/22 (thanks Redwolf!) and I've spent the day fitting a new stock and iron sights. As thought the front comp doesn't fit so I'll look at options to make it fit. Fitting the stock was a pain but it's in there now. I need a certain bolt as I'm using a screw to hold it to the stock at the front. Internally stock but I'll need to downgrade it which I think is mentioned earlier in this thread.

1022.jpg

1022a.jpg

and very good they are to!

Thought I'd update the pictures as I have modded it slightly.

Lower scope mounts

chopped the RIS rail to a smaller size

moved the rear sight backwards

1022c_zps82b379cf.jpg

1022b_zps64fc7640.jpg

1022d_zps65e1efaf.jpg

I either need to fill in the 2 small holes on top of the barrel or replace the whole barrel with one of the longer ones. I haven't quite decided which way to go yet.

Archived