KJ Works, KC-02 (Ruger 10/22) Thread

gisburn20

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alas, events are making me have my stock removed and the pins replaced.

I think I installed the falcon hop-up wrong as my shots curve drastically to the right at the end of their trajectory. It's comical how much they curve.

Time to removed the receiver from the stock *without* bending or breaking it. How will I do that? No idea. Tempted to drop it off at a shop and let them deal with it, a safer albeit more expensive option....

• 3 months later...

It is a bit quit in this topic, so a question; has anybody tried lowering the FPS and putting in a TK Hop Twist barrel?

I am looking at something I can use next to a VSR and I think this carbine looks very promising.

I tried to understand the shim method of lowering the FPS, but I do not fully understand it without having a KC-02 in front of me. Is there a picture/video guide somewhere?

Finally caught wind of a 10/22 bullpup stock that I actually like (i.e., not the Muzzelite). A bullpup stock makes the KC02 one of only two GBB bullpups (AFAIK - the other being WE's L85) you can buy, and this particular one (Red Jacket Firearms' ZK-22) fits the compact-polymer-'pup-with-non-stupid-magazines requirement quite well, especially since the PTS PDR seems to be going down like the Hindenburg. Here's the real thing:

IMG_0342_2.jpg

I think the straight CO2 mags of the KJW would fit the look of this thing better than the curved BX25s of the real steel. I'm not 100% sure what modifications you would need to run the KC02 in this stock - at the very least, you will need to grind the tang off the rear of the receiver, or grind a corresponding recess in the stock - but they don't look that severe.

[EDIT]Turns out that the resemblance is more than just skin (well, FRP) deep - the guy that designed this also worked on the PDR. The real one, not the the PTS one.[/EDIT]

can you get one in the uk and if so how miuch?

They're $299, currently seriously backordered. There's no UK retailer as yet, but I don't see any compelling reason for this to be covered under ITAR (surprisingly, a rimfire .22 rifle isn't exactly a military weapon) so it should be just fine to export and just fine to import.

[EDIT]Someone makes a select-fire kit for the KC02? Since when? Has anyone tried it? And can you get it without that ridiculous outer barrel?[/EDIT]

Well, I know that the Thompson stock kits for the 10/22 are not sold outside of USA and they claim ITAR reasons for not to.

Insofar as anyone can understand the labyrinthine provisions of ITAR, I understand that to be pure laziness, neglect and/or paranoia. Like Wikipedia says, "ITAR regulations dictate that information and material pertaining to defense and military related technologies" is subject to restriction. I challenge you to find me a defense (in the American sense) or military application for a dress-up kit for a .22 rimfire rifle. By way of corollary proof, the notable prosecutions under ITAR have concerned purely military-grade hard/software; NVGs, satellites, that sort of stuff. Retailers (for the most part) don't want to involve themselves in this so they place a blanket ban on international dealings. The problem is not that you can't export the item or import the item, the problem is that you can't find anyone willing to export the item to you. Brownells, to their credit, are one of the few retailers that actually deal with this problem, and they're quite happy to deal internationally and guide you through the requirements of getting an export license.

Main differences between the V1 and V2 that I have noticed:

- Outer barrel.  V1 outer barrels come with a threaded cap on the end of their outer barrel.  V2's did away with this threading, making it a solid tube all the way.  V2 outer barrels are slightly shorter than the V1's in my experience as well.  

-Bolt.  V1 bolts have a tendency to break after considerable use.  V2's added reinforcement to the bolt, sturdying up the section around the charging handle.

-Charging handle.  As V2 bolts are reinforced, the V1 charging handles will no longer be a drop-in fit.  T.S.C./RATech charging handles can be modded to fit in a V2 with a hand file though.

-Magazine.  V1's come with the curved 22-rounder.  Most V2's come with the longer version.  

I always immediately took off the sights, so I'm not sure if those are different.  

Either way, there may be more differences, but I think those are the main ones.  Hope it helps!

Best,

Andy

Thank you very much for your answer!

The reinforced bolt is very interesting.

About the barrel treading, I also read that on an other forum, but the pictures of the Ver2 say something else, also interesting........

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search=searchItem&rs=KJ%20Works&item=KJW-RG-KC02-V2

Click on 'enlarge image'.

Could it be that the US versions have a different outer barrel?

Hmm, odd.  The few people that I know that have bought V2's have not had threaded outer barrels, and they've been slightly shorter, as RATech barrels have stuck out the tip a few millimeters.  Maybe it is just the US version!  Something to definitely watch out for before you purchase though!

I can get my hands on a cheap ASG Special Teams Carbine and it looks a lot like a KJW KC-02, but is it................?

Is this just a rebranded KJW or is it a clone?

Are there other components used on the inside?

Go for it or don't get near it.........

I would very much appreciate it if someone knows the answers to these questions!

It is just rebranded.  The box and the manual say KJW on it alongside ASG.

You get nicer BUIS and the longer mag as standard.

Haven't taken mine apart, but after researching this I dont think there are any significant difference.

Archived