KJ Works, KC-02 (Ruger 10/22) Thread

gisburn20

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But it also comes with a CO2 mag!

Which I still can't find in normal stores!

Mine came with the long mag, not the CO2 mag.

Further reading says what it comes with varies from region to region, some of them dont have theads on the outer barrel, whereas mine does..

alright my airsoft brothers from other mothers....

I've got the bits for 2 new 10/22 projects winging their way to me as I speak. Got a few questions for the good people on here and hopefully you will be able to help.

1. I'm going to install the A Plus inner barrel and hop (found here) and has anyone fitted one of these before? If so what FPS increase did you get?

2. The mod mentioned on earlier in this thread shows how to drop the standard FPS but does anyone know how to make the FPS variable (without using different gases)? Someone mentioned the RA Tech M4 NPAS, is it any good?

3. Anyone fitted the MAG CHC'd Hammer (found here)? If so what FPS increase did you get? and how easy is it to fit?

4. FE have a reinforced piston? Is it worth getting and on the same theme RA Tech make a steel bolt carrier are these worth it long term or will there be an increase in wear on the moving parts?

Piston

BOLT

• 4 weeks later...

bit of an update. here's my 2 works in progress.

Black barreled version is almost complete. Need to strip it down, fit a tightbore and new hop rubber, seal the holes in the barrel, fit a new mag release (when it turns up).

1022d_zps4163dd82.jpg

1022c_zpsc171c988.jpg

Silver version still requires a bit more work. I'm going to either chrome or silver the receiver and trigger group. The scope rings need chroming and I'll probably silver a mag or 2. extended silver mag release needs to be fitted. Both will have M4 NPAS's fitted as well.

1022a-1_zpsf0ecfd49.jpg

1022-1_zps1c9bf447.jpg

ant-supplies do silver scope rings 

http://ant-supplies.co.uk/Pages/WeaverScopeRingsDoubleClamped.aspx

Silver version still requires a bit more work. I'm going to either chrome or silver the receiver and trigger group. The scope rings need chroming and I'll probably silver a mag or 2. extended silver mag release needs to be fitted. Both will have M4 NPAS's fitted as well.

I had a look at Ant a while back but they don't do the low profile set (unless I'm going blind!). I've got a few black sets spare so it's probably easier and cheaper just spraying a set.

The black barreled version is waiting on a ris'd front scope mount which will have a very small square laser fitted.

no. there's a few online guides but basically do the following:

strip the rifle and separate the 2 receiver parts by taking out the 2 pins. (these have a tendency to fall out when you remove the receiver from the stock)

turn the upper receiver with the bolt inside upside down and remove the buffer pin (larger pin that goes through the receiver at the rear)

pull the bolt all the way back and pull the nozzle upwards once the bolt is back. this will remove the bolt.

remove the split pin from the rear of the bolt (need a tool as thick as the hole to make this easy)

pull the cylinder forward slightly and you will see the piston. Use a flat balded screwdriver to make this come out of the bolt (it's quite a tight fit)

with the cylinder removed remove the small pin from the rear which holds the spring in place

remove the pin at the front and this will completely seperate all the cylinder parts.

replace the black plastic valve and spring with the NPAS pieces and fit it all back together.

the hardest part is getting the cylinder spring back in place. easiest way I have found is to put the larger pin 1/2 way into the cylinder (making sure the NPAS valve is below the pin)

use a pair of long nosed pliers to put the spring on the 1/2 out pin.

push the pin all the way home once the spring is attached

ok had a play over the weekend and the A plus barrel and hop does what it's meant to. One was firing slightly to the left but that means the inner barrel isn't centre and needs rotating slightly. Accurate out to 50 meters every shot and that was on a coldish day with the FPS dialed down to 340. very impressed with the KC02 to be honest.

and here's all 3 of mine........

3x10-22_zps2f4e8a1e.jpg

Thank you very much, sounds good!

I think I give this barrel a try.

Thought it was a 6.03, but I just read it is a 6.01 barrel, I read somewhere earlier in this post that people had problems with 6.01 barrels (RaTech)

I was wondering, what are the experiences people have with 6.01 barrels in the KC-02?

Really like the middel one, starts looking for this stock right now...........

Anyone have problems with inconsistent hop up? Using 0.30g I noticed it shoots straight and far in test shots, but in game sometimes the bbs drop short, or over hop. This happens maybe 40% of the time. I've had two other team mates confirm this issue as well. Any fix for this?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived