KJ Works, KC-02 (Ruger 10/22) Thread

gisburn20

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*KJW KC-02 Desert Warrior*

That's a case of one step forward and two steps back in terms of what I'd want. I've semi-settled on the scout rifle look, with the forward Leupold long-eye relief Scout scope, the stick magazine and maybe a bipod. I'd almost certainly use a different scope mounting solution, but otherwise, pretty close to this:

scout_rifle_grizzly%20custom_jr_1022_4.j

scout_rifle_grizzly%20custom_jr_1022_6.j

[EDIT]What stock is that on yours? And who makes that tiny little laser?[/EDIT]

stock is the wooden RA tech one I got with another KC-02 I picked up. It was sprayed woodland so I sanded it and gave it a coat of Krylon. The laser is this one

I like the scout look and something sadly missing from the KC02 range is the thinner tapered barrrels. I might get a custom thinner barrel made as I have a Muzzlelite shell here that needs a thinner barrel (unless I mod the insides which I don't really want to do).

btw the laser has 3 modes: off, on and flashing. pretty nifty little laser that would also fit on quite a few pistols.

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking for data on the consistency of the CO2 mags.

I read somewhere that they are better than the normal ones.

Is there any data out there that can prove this?

I want to buy some extra mags, so this is the time to choose..................

• 2 weeks later...

What are the risks of having the gun in a very tight wood stock? I almost killed my dremel working on the factory Ruger wood stock I got, and the fitting is pretty tight. I think that's good, but I'd like a second opinion.

Also, are the KJW stock mounting screws standard M4 Allens?

@mike, did you buy the stock for the standard barreled 10/22? Or the heavy/target/varmint barreled .920 diameter ?

If its the barrel groove thats too narrow try using sandpaper wrapped around a broom handle or wooden dowel to open it up, that what I had to do fitting my m700 into a real stock.

@Hessel, email kjw direct.

Jim

@mike, did you buy the stock for the standard barreled 10/22? Or the heavy/target/varmint barreled .920 diameter ?

If its the barrel groove thats too narrow try using sandpaper wrapped around a broom handle or wooden dowel to open it up, that what I had to do fitting my m700 into a real stock.

That one's done, spent two hours sanding it with a 1" PVC pipe I had handy. I'm more worried about the internals. I gave it a good few swipes with files and a dremel, so it fits at all, but right now it's a pretty tight press-fit (good for me, once I put a screw in it, it won't fall apart in a hundred years), and I'm worried that the pressure might cause the bolt to seize or something.

And again, the screw question before I'm off to B&Q in three hours: standard M4 Allen or something else?

I like the scout look and something sadly missing from the KC02 range is the thinner tapered barrrels. I might get a custom thinner barrel made as I have a Muzzlelite shell here that needs a thinner barrel (unless I mod the insides which I don't really want to do).

Modding the insides of a Muzzelite is simple: you have to cut a hole for the rear tang, widen the barrel hole and unscrew the front part of the rail. Also, when you do that, you can't adjust the hop-up any more.

• 1 month later...

Maybe I missed it earlier in the thread, but I figure I'll ask here.  Has anyone had a successful R-hop install with one of these?

I attempted an install with both of mine, but I was never able to get a really great R-hop set up with the KC02's hop chamber. 

Just curious!  I know the Falcon and RATech barrel/bucking offerings do a pretty slick job getting rounds out there, but I'd be curious to see someone's setup if they Rhopped it. 

Best,

Andy

• 2 months later...

Hi Mate, welcome to the party,

The Kydex mag carriers were made by a forum member, I think he still makes them to order.

I have used 40mm grenade pouches in the past to carry the short mags, but I only have 3 so its not a huge issue.

The only problem I have is the main O rings in the short mags keep failing,

I have soaked the O rings in silicone and tried RTV silicone sealant as well but eventually they go again.

Does anyone have the correct O ring sizes anywhere so I can order some high grade Viton O rings instead of the thin KJW ones?

On a lighter note, I'm looking into joining a local rifle club and buying a real 10/22 for target shooting, at least those mags wont leak stinky propane!!!

Jim

Let me know how that goes, I've been wanting to get into real steel .22LR for a while and you're practically round the corner from me now. :)

One of my team mates uses 40mm pouches for his shorty mags, and spent way over the odds for them.

I've just ordered myself a mint, un-issued DPM 40mm bandolier for what he paid for a single pouch, hopefully it'll do the trick.

Maybe I missed it earlier in the thread, but I figure I'll ask here.  Has anyone had a successful R-hop install with one of these?

I attempted an install with both of mine, but I was never able to get a really great R-hop set up with the KC02's hop chamber. 

Just curious!  I know the Falcon and RATech barrel/bucking offerings do a pretty slick job getting rounds out there, but I'd be curious to see someone's setup if they Rhopped it. 

Best,

Andy

andy i have successfully than it to my kc-02 it is a bit trike but possible the only problem i found was to  plied hop to it, because you have to shave the mound on your bucking, meaning you have to either get a longer screw for adjusting your hop or glue a bit of plastic on your hop bucking so your default screw can make   contact , which was what i did to my  , i use  40 because i can seen them , but it shoots better with 0,43 but they are black hard to see 

i have also add it a palmers regulator

i did took some pics when i was doing the r-hop , but i cant fiend them now ..remember to used the zkit rhop (the blue version )

2013-09-20190920_zpsd04db8b6.jpg

• 2 months later...

My 10/22 collection

Top to bottom

Tanio Koba 10/22

KJW KC-02 W/RA-Tech sniper kit full steel internals (my current project)

KJW KC-02

Rugers_zpsc959fc86.jpg

Rugers2_zps72c4c735.jpg

Rugers1_zps9283255b.jpg

I've installed a custom made real carbon barrel to teh KC-02 and I have a stock but I can't find a friend carpenter to mod it for me! I really don't want to screw that thing and I don't trust my skills!

DSCN2422_zpsaf9aaa8e.jpg

DSCN2432_zps37e44914.jpg

Wolf

• 4 weeks later...

Finally I finished it today!
It's 99% ready!
All steel internals, the only stock parts are the hop up housing, some screws, the actual receiver and the cocking handle(for somereason the aftermarket steel one doesn't work)!!
The only think I might do is to polish the sides of the receiver as it's on the TK 10/22!
But I'll do that at much later time...!

The scope is too big... I've my 3-9x40 on a SR25 and it's at my home, I'll take some photo's again at some other time

The stock is a Magnum Research Barracuda and the barrel custom made carbon barrel by Woogie!

DSCN2493_zpse098aedd.jpg
DSCN2489_zpsbb79a78e.jpg
DSCN2490_zpsbad092d8.jpg
DSCN2491_zpsf5581247.jpg

Wolf

Finally I finished it today!

It's 99% ready!

All steel internals, the only stock parts are the hop up housing, some screws, the actual receiver and the cocking handle(for somereason the aftermarket steel one doesn't work)!!

Wolf

Neato, although I have to ask what's wrong with the cocking handle.

Archived