KJ Works, KC-02 (Ruger 10/22) Thread

gisburn20

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that comment what I think it is, or was it serious ? :D

It was a pun; I'm just not as funny as I think I am... :huh:

You know when they say "finish" they just mean "varnish" right? ;)

Yeah - although actually that's a not inconsiderable amount of work if you're going to do it properly (lots of layers, rubbing down in between, oil, stain etc).

You guys do know the Boyds Tacticool is not supposed to be varnished? It's not that kind of quality wood, spray paint it, add some dap on texture in the grip area, done.

They are nicely made cheap stocks though, I have one on a custom 10/22 and Savage MkII I rebarreled with a M77/22 barrel.

Yup, but I paid as much as they ask for everything shipped, plus a new hop-up, plus 509mm tightbore. Plus scope even. And they did it for that price even before I put mine together.

Magazines are somewhat leaky.

Had one that blew off all the time.

Even with new oring, could not get it to hold gas for more than 5 minutes.

Anyone any idea how to fix this issue?

Used the gun with the remaining mags for a whole day, with great fun and accuracy.

Hitting someone with one bb is better than spraying half a mag.

Get some araldite, mix it up and spread it evenly on the area the oring seats/seals. Rebuild the mag and leave to set for 2 hours, add a tiny amount of gas to the mag to pressurise it and force the glue into any leaks. Worked for me on many mags. Some of them never leaked again for 4+ years and lots of use.

Good Hunting ;)

• 2 weeks later...

God damn Red Jacket.

There was a video up on youtube of someone that fitted a RS 10/22 into a hacked up airsoft P90 stock.

And I bet they called it their own idea too

At least they didn't use a hacked up P90 stock. It's similar, but has some noticeable differences.

Right... Now I am all torn between the P90-like setup and putting a Thompson M1-like setup, but I bet neither of those kits would be available outside USA due ITAR.

'Course, I'd need to get the KJ10/22 in the first place before I start dreaming up what outfit to dress it up... :D

And I'm torn between sticking with Muzzelite (maybe upgrading it so I can adjust the hop-up with a hex wrench) and sourcing a Well MB05 stock, a length of copper pipe and some ABS sheets.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

After much time searching i have finally found this page! OMG

I've had my 10/22 stock for about 4-5 months, and im finally thinking of upgrading it.

What parts would you reccomend?

Also will a Magpull PRS stock fit in my 10/22 if i get this?

-http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/t-s-c-cnc-stock-adaptor-for-kjw-kc-02-gbb.html

I'm building a Magpull-Based 10/22, might post pictures when finished.

Please help!

RA-Tech Hop Rubber - With hop mod mentioned several pages back

RA-Tech 6.01 Inner Barrel

Make a Tuffer Buffer - Also mentioned a several pages back - Basically adding a peice of rubber hose in place of the recoil buffer

----------------------------------------

Also just thought I'd let everyone know that you can buy KC-02 Mags of Amazon for £25.98 shipped very quickly.

---------------------------------------

Finally how does everyone holster their 25 round mags in Rigs/Vest/Belts?

Archived