KJ Works, KC-02 (Ruger 10/22) Thread

gisburn20

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted this in the Unconventional weapons thread a while ago. Seeing as I've just now found this thread I figured I'd post it here too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CqmHNq4s0E&feature=plcp

It was a very easy mod actually. I just filed off the tab on the "disconnector" on the trigger.

I've been working on making a switch to make it select fire, so I'll post some more on that as the project develops. I'm on v.3 of the switch at this point lol

Hey all, i've just got one of these second hand, Was missing a spring from the nozzle but i've got one of the mag spring replacement kits in the post so alls good :)

Was just wondering if these will work on propane? I run all my pistols on it so would be great if i didn't need to start buying a different gas. Do the mags cope? What kind of fps should I expect on it?

Hi mad,

Yes these run nicely on propane, and as standard will run between 400/450 fps in uk summer temps.

Only thing on the mags is sometimes the middle oring leaks and needs a dab of silicone grease.

Have fun.

Jim

ok, just stripping the blowback unit down to replace a spring, I've knocked the pin (part 47) out, but i cannot for the life of me get the parts it holds in out of the carrier. Is there a trick to it?

edit- brute force and leverage with a screwdriver won over. Should it be this tight though?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone knows how to get a Promag Archangel Deluxe Target Rifle Stock in the EU?

I can get one from Midway Germany but they are asking 185 EUR, which is ridiculous considering Midway USA sells them for 85 USD at the moment!

But due to ITAR I can't get my hands on one.

Black - I had the same issue.

Before you start, the BBU is awful to assemble, I bust the spring and had to replace it. It is doable however.

Its a pain to find out how to reassemble the BBU, so whilst it isn't a vid, it may help.

Where did you find a NPAS? I've been looking all over, but went with the shim mod.

Follow that vid at 6:58 he takes the BBU out. At 7:19 he shows what pins to take out. Once you disassemble the BBU you pop in the NPAS where the free float valve goes, - its pretty obvious when it is all apart.

So that wasn't much help, but its the getting back together that is the pain. So....

When you are putting it all back together, use fishing line (through the square hole) to pull the spring back into place, and pop the pin through. Don't stretch the spring any more than needed or it will need replacing :(. You may need more than one pair of hands when putting the BBU back together.

I literally found zilch on how to do this, apart from one guy on AS Canada saying 'use logic' which is useless.

I am going to do a vid when I have an NPAS kit to install. Its hard to explain, so if someone wants a crack go ahead!

Anyone knows how to get a Promag Archangel Deluxe Target Rifle Stock in the EU?

I can get one from Midway Germany but they are asking 185 EUR, which is ridiculous considering Midway USA sells them for 85 USD at the moment!

But due to ITAR I can't get my hands on one.

Your question is mute. Pay up if you want it.

Your question is mute. Pay up if you want it.

Look I don't pay 300EUR for a cybergun colt M4 when I can get a Dboys M4 for 150EUR. Why? Because it's the exact same thing.

And yes, I really want that stock, but If I can get the same thing for less, why not try it?

Only you can't. Not in any legal way at least. Perhaps second hand but highly unlikely. It is what it is with these things. Perhaps you could apply for an ITAR export license but the fees and processing time and shipping from the US etc. would kill the deal quickly for just the stock so. I say just go for it if you want it. I had to buy some MAGPUL stuff from MidwaySweden for my WE M4 and they were also "overpriced" compared to Brownells, but you just gotta put into the equation how badly you want the item and what it is worth to you and how much time and effort you are willing to put into it. That's all I'm saying. Market prices in the US are extremely cheap because of the huge market and tough competition. It's not a fair benchmark for price outside of the US.

Only you can't. Not in any legal way at least. Perhaps second hand but highly unlikely. It is what it is with these things. Perhaps you could apply for an ITAR export license but the fees and processing time and shipping from the US etc. would kill the deal quickly for just the stock so. I say just go for it if you want it. I had to buy some MAGPUL stuff from MidwaySweden for my WE M4 and they were also "overpriced" compared to Brownells, but you just gotta put into the equation how badly you want the item and what it is worth to you and how much time and effort you are willing to put into it. That's all I'm saying. Market prices in the US are extremely cheap because of the huge market and tough competition. It's not a fair benchmark for price outside of the US.

I agree but that doesn't mean I cannot check for alternatives.

Besides I buy my Magpul parts straight from the US. Not all parts are ITAR.

I do purchasing for a living so I always check every possible way. :)

Black - I had the same issue.

Before you start, the BBU is awful to assemble, I bust the spring and had to replace it. It is doable however.

Its a pain to find out how to reassemble the BBU, so whilst it isn't a vid, it may help.

Where did you find a NPAS? I've been looking all over, but went with the shim mod.

Follow that vid at 6:58 he takes the BBU out. At 7:19 he shows what pins to take out. Once you disassemble the BBU you pop in the NPAS where the free float valve goes, - its pretty obvious when it is all apart.

So that wasn't much help, but its the getting back together that is the pain. So....

When you are putting it all back together, use fishing line (through the square hole) to pull the spring back into place, and pop the pin through. Don't stretch the spring any more than needed or it will need replacing :(. You may need more than one pair of hands when putting the BBU back together.

I literally found zilch on how to do this, apart from one guy on AS Canada saying 'use logic' which is useless.

I am going to do a vid when I have an NPAS kit to install. Its hard to explain, so if someone wants a crack go ahead!

Hi westy i got it from redwolf airsoft here it is according to multiple sources including the video the m4 npas works with the kc-02

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/AdvanceSearchResult?productname=kj+m4+npas&brandId=&search=true&productcode=kj+m4+npas&mode=simple

I agree but that doesn't mean I cannot check for alternatives.

Besides I buy my Magpul parts straight from the US. Not all parts are ITAR.

I do purchasing for a living so I always check every possible way. :)

What I meant with the MAGPUL comment was unless you want to register for an export license you can only buy sub 100 USD orders so fex. the stocks etc. which are more are not really worth trying to buy from the US unless you do a bulk order with alot of items and/or people.

Anyways, good luck with the stock.

Hey guys, I need help from someone that has damn near memorized the insides of this gun.

When fitting it into the wood stock, one of those troublesome oily pins slid out of the receiver (and onto the floor) and managed to stay hidden until after I had spent 15 minutes [lightly] hammering the receiver into the stock. There is little to no way I can remove the stock without another visit to a techie shop.

The gun still fires and cycles fine, and doesn't make any weird noises.

So, are all of those pins vital to the gun and I shouldn't skirmish it until it's fixed? Or did I get lucky and one of the redundant pins fell out?

Hmm... there are two of those pins that hold the lower trigger assembly to the bolt carrier upper. It makes sure the two halves are tighly together and aligned. If it sits well in the stock it might work but I would not risk it in the long run... But yeah, I guess they are semi-redundant :P

There is also the bolt carrier stop pin which is furthest to the back. If that fell out then your bolt will over travel and hit the upper back wall and may damage or make the bold jump out of alignment.

I would have it taken care of before you ruin the gun.

Archived