KJ Works, KC-02 (Ruger 10/22) Thread

gisburn20

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be careful with that method, in case the items is regulated under fire arms laws in Belgium and perhaps ITAR regulated in the US you could face a really messy situation if you don't have all the facts before doing antything. Just a word of caution.

I would be careful with that method, in case the items is regulated under fire arms laws in Belgium and perhaps ITAR regulated in the US you could face a really messy situation if you don't have all the facts before doing antything. Just a word of caution.

Weird, I had no problem sourcing the Muzzelite stock directly from the US, bar the local customs being lazy sods as usual.

yes, that is the one.

But I cannot buy from that site.

They only ship within the UK.

And they are stupidly expensive.

£137,68 for a $120 stock (about £75)?

VAT, import shipping, things like that. I had to cough up over £100 for a Muzzelite stock that is $110 in the States. When I get fed up with it, I'm adapting a MB05 stock to fit the Ruger mech, it'll be simpler and cheaper.

Belgium's laws are more likely to be a problem than the US's, but keep your eyes open. Stocks, like pistol grips, shouldn't be a problem.

I'm just saying that when you are starting to get into purchasing and shipping real steel gun parts cross continental you need to know exactly what you are doing and what parts are allowed and which are not, I don't know the specifics of this stock or the countries involved, I'm just saying keep an eye out and it's not worth getting in trouble over a part for an airsoft gun if you are unsure of the process. There may very well be a reason why there is no source that ships to Belgium. And using a bounce/proxy US address is for the most part not taken lightly in relation to gun parts. There are sections regarding this outlined in ITAR of whom and where the intented recipient is allowed to be located etc.

If you buy a part and ship to a bounce US adress which then "fowards" it to an outside US address and that part is restricted under ITAR and requires a DDTC registration then you are very much so breaking ITAR and gun trafficing rules and regulations.

Thanks for the input guys.

Technically it is forbidden to import an airsoftgun over here. Unless you have the appropriate licenses.

Many shipments do get passed without a problem because

A. Customs doesn't know any better

B. the import codes HK uses are for toy guns. Airsoft falls under the category "free arms".

When importing from the US. that is a different story because they use the right codes.

Many had their RS scope confiscated. etc.. .

Weird, I had no problem sourcing the Muzzelite stock directly from the US, bar the local customs being lazy sods as usual.

VAT, import shipping, things like that. I had to cough up over £100 for a Muzzelite stock that is $110 in the States. When I get fed up with it, I'm adapting a MB05 stock to fit the Ruger mech, it'll be simpler and cheaper.

I have checked it out and the stock is apparently under ITAR regulations.

Strangely enough, other stocks are not.

BTW, the dollar price I stated was from MidwayUSA.

Kind of weird that MidwayUK would be that expensive.

I already found stores that go as low as $75.

I am going to see if a fire arms dealer in Belgium can help me out.

I need a permit for a real .22, but not a stock.

Though, I am going to double check that.

Well... a grip is not a stock? And MAGPUL are DDTC registered, and a MIAD is sub 100 USD, and "eBay stores" aren't really known for respecting laws and regulations and what not. So...

I beleive SME refers to items which are more or less aimed for military use only, such as a _precision adjustable sniping stock_ (allthough .22) etc.

MIADS are a little more generic in nature.

Hmm, anyone know a 10/22 conversion kit to Thompson military model that can eb exported outside of USA?

Got this... interesting, summer project idea of making a GBB Thompson out of KC-02... :P Sure it won't be select-fire, but with the BB capacity, I don't really desire the 'empty my mag in one squeeze' option.

No there is no list of ITAR specific items that I know of. The only method I use is check up on MidwayCOUNTRY and see if the items is freely avaliable for sale via their web, if it is then it is unrestricted in COUNTRY. Secondly you can look up the item on Brownells.com and check the Restrictions tab of the item, if there are no restrictions there it should be OK to purchase. This in combination with knowing your countries local gun and import laws and regulations should keep you safe. I read the Swedish gun laws a few times before ordering MAGPUL stuff from the US. :)

However this does not mean it is not under ITAR regulation, so I would still advice to keep orders to sub 100 USD excluding shipping cost to be safe. In addition to that if the manufacturer of a specicif item is not DDTC registered the item may not be exporter from the US at all. You could read the ITAR papers to try and get a vague idea of what is included and what is not, but I doubt it would really help as it is very non-specific and just uses general terms etc.

If you wish tp purchase antyhing RS related that is over 100 USD from the US that is ITAR classified you must apply for a DDTC license, most often via the retailer who sell it, who will then send it to the DDTC. That is at least how Brownells do it. You need to provide the following paperwork with the DDTC registration; Letter of intent, firearms license information, purchase order, cover letter and import license. It also costs 3% of total order or 250 USD, whichever comes first, which is non refundable if your license request is denied.

Depends upon your definition of 'can be exported outside the USA'. 10/22 Fun Gun sell the best one I've seen, but not a clue about export. Since the guy that's selling them is also the guy that's making them, dropping them a line seems your best bet.

I had checked FunGun.

They say on the website "No export of the Kits outside the USA is possible at this time."

I don't plan on buying and importing, with all the hassle THAT would be, a full 10/22 rifle with the kit to strip the kit off that and put on a KC-02. :/

I had checked FunGun.

They say on the website "No export of the Kits outside the USA is possible at this time."

Like I said, it depends upon your definition of the words "can be exported outside of [the] USA". You can most certainly have the kit 'bounced' from a US address to you. Perhaps it won't be intercepted by customs at all. More intelligently, it may be possible to bounce knowing that it is legal, providing that the item is legal for you to import and legal to export from the US. ITAR compliancy should be checked (seeing as it is a glorified stock, I don't see why it shouldn't be legal) and FunGun may be happy to help if you're willing to walk them through the process. Alternatively, you could get in touch with a US gun dealer who would be happy to ship it to Finland and would handle the ITAR process for you.

Really it depends how much you want it. I'm 95% sure an hour's Googling would put you in touch with a gun dealer who would be happy to help, and then you don't need to worry FunGun at all - you just order to the dealer's address.

Allright boys and girls, I managed to sync up delivery of 3 out of 5 packages today. UNCompany order came in with the actual gun and magazines, AirsoftTaiwan arrived with the RA Tech parts and a partial delivery from MidwaySweden with the stock and buffer.

kc-02_parts.jpg

Quick rundown and first impressions, based on just looking and handling the stuff;

Rifle: Wow... am I glad I am going to rebuild and upgrade this thing. Stock version feels absolutely rediculusly plasticy and flimsy, particularly the stock and body. Someone mentioned the V2 didn't have a threaded front on the barrel, not true, it is CCW 14mm threaded. The sights are nice however.

Magazines: Yup, as I thought I love the shorts mags way better than the longs ones. Might get a CO2 mag just to have it as an option, but for looks I love the short mags.

Hogue stock: Hmm... It's light, it's small, it smells. I had to double check that I didn't get a Junior version of the stock because it felt so small. But overall I think it will turn out great, just the stock itself felt a bit off. The rubber texture is kind of like those gloves you use when you do the dishes, I am wondering if I should have gotten the nylon one instead to be honest. But I will take it for now, nothing wrong with it but one has to wonder if I should have gone the other way with it. I am hypersensetive to smells etc. so the slight rubber/chemical smell probably doesn't bother many but I found it a bit annoying. Probably wears off with some use. Other than that it feels solid and the RA bull barrel fit right in the barrel groove as expected.

Power Buffer: Not much to say, a peice of hard plastic. RS use states 800-1000 rounds, let's hope the airsoft does at least 2x that. Haven't checked if it actually is a drop in fit.

RA Tech barrel kit: *fruitcage* me just realized that AirsoftTaiwan shipped the non grooved version, I had ordered the grooved version. Oh well, I was on the fence about that anyways, I wanted the bull barrel to look thick and massive and I guess the grooves kind of take away from that, however the grooves give it a little extra *pop* I guess. Front cap appears non removable so no thread adapter on this peice. The rail is one piece as oposed to KJW stock two piece, slightly disappointed by that as I wanted the option of having a short rail piece for the scope, but it seems to be an integral piece in the barrel and rifle assembly so I can see why it is like that. Finish is a nice silvery/aluminum sand-blasted finish. The rail piece looks a bit more dull grey/white though, different coating techniques I guess, but overall looks nice!

RA Tech Charging handle, nothing special, aluminum, nice finish. Same for the extended magazine release. Extremly light though, which is good.

RA Tech KC-02 Hop: Nowhere to be found, e-mailed AST about it :(

That's about it.

Estimate delivery of the rest of the stuff within a week. Wont have time to look at all this until this weekend and next week when I have vacation, good timing :D

1. Smell from the stock should wear off within a couple of days if you leave it out in the air - I think it's the adhesives (like new-car smell) working their way out as they set and evaporate.
  2. I thought those power buffers were supposed to last for essentially all time in a RS environment? That's certainly what Tuffer Buffer say.
  3. The advantage of the s***ty OE stock is that you don't feel bad ditching it; plainly no money was wasted on it so you didn't overpay greatly for something that's going in the bin.

Regarding the buffers. MidwaySweden states;

Wilson Combat buffer: approx. 5000 rounds

Buffer Technologies buffer: approx 800-1000 rounds

Power Custom buffer: No specification.

I saw a video on YouTube where I guy didn't like the buffers because you don't know the life time is up until it splits in half and jams the guns internals...

Perhaps not the most reliable source considering the video is about defending himself from Zombies, but it sounds like he shoots alot so.

Allright. I couldn't resist, so foolishly I did some disassembling and re-assembling during my lunch today. First things first, I cracked the rubber and polymer on the inside of the receiver when trying to fit the internals in the stock, because they are a bit too wide they bent the receiver out and cracked it. No biggie because the stock has an aluminum frame between the polymer and rubber, but a bit annoying.

The RS buffer is not a drop in fit, the stock pin is 6.0mm, the buffer is 6.25mm, so either mod the hold or the buffer. I would probably go with modding the hole as I think modding the buffer could weaken it.

I got the outer barrel and rail installed. I could not for the life of me disassemble the hop unit from the barrel, I guess The Hulk Koba himself has tightened it with his mighty airsoft-smitting hands... Any ideas on how to get the nut loose ? :o

The body pins of the internals are annoyingly loose, falling out when handling the receiver, but oh well.

I will have to complete disassemble the chassi and internals so I can work with one piece at a time and making them fit the stock, that's the best way to go about it I guess.

The inner tube and cap in the stock outer barrel are not needed as they are only to compensate for the shoter inner barrel as I understood it, the cap also did not fit in the RA outer barrel.

Overall it looks badass with the silver barrel and rail top so I look forward to doing the rest.

Just judging by a guesstimate I think the Volquartsen takedown screw might just work.

kjw1022_2.jpg

kjw1022_1.jpg

kjw1022_crack.png

Archived