KJ Works, KC-02 (Ruger 10/22) Thread

gisburn20

Im having an issue with mine. After I installed the Falcon Hop Rubber the JB weld tip was no longer needed so it was removed (the falcon has a rubber peice to 'extend' the hop rod).

My rounds appear to be veering to the right every now and then, about 8/10 times. Cant work out why though and it is rather annoying as im loosing quite substantial accurate range due to this.

Specs -

RA Tech 6.01 TB

Flacon Rubber

Now standard hop 'rod'

Aim Top .30gs rounds

Maruzen .29gs SGM rounds - 7/10 veer right

Could it be down to the rubber not being bed in yet?

I would try the stock one again but the hop has no affect when installed.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weird problem though. A lot people mix and match barrels and rubbers together.

Managed to solve the issue by 'forceing' the rubber left using an alen key to push it, it then naturally put itself right.

Now happily getting 160ft range able to hit a centre mass target. I reckon with a little more 'tuning' and some Maruzen .29 SGMs ill be able to hit 200ft with ease.

Also installed the 'tuffer buffer' which is the most simple but most exellent little mod!

Really impressed with this rifle, especially since it cost me £225.00. Had an APS-2 which cost me £500 and wasnt even half as good!

Also out of interest. The RA-Tech woodstock has 2 screw points on the handguard area, I assume they are meant for a bi-pod. Though which ones fit?

Bankz,

I think those holes are for the short RIS rail that RaTech sell, described as being for their wood stock.

It would probably look better though to fit a sling stud and mount a Harris style bipod to that.

I think its a little odd that lots of RS 10/22 owners are busy trying to make their rifle look tactical and dress it up as an M4 , and Airsofters are taking a Tacticool 10/22

and trying to turn it into a sporting rifle!

Jim

RC.

I think this could be done if you were prepared to

Make it external gas fed, as the mags split in half

At the right height (flush with gun) make a flat cap

to replace the lower section with a connector for hpa rig, and fit much shorter mag spring/follower.

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Chaps,

Im having a couple issues with my 10/22 used it for the first time in a skirmish today and to start with was very impressed however after a few mags things went a little south.

First off rounds are veering massivley right to the point where my PX4 was outranging it somtimes...

Secondly it started to make an odd sound the usual sound of a GBB was different as if the gas was not feeding properly. With a miuch higher tone and less of a punch than usual.

Current set up is -

RA Tech Wood Stock

Falcon Rubber

RA Tech 6.01mm TB Inner Barrel

Tuffer Buffer

Could anyone help in this matter?

Can anyone tell me the type and specification of the bottom receiver screw and what lenght I would need to make it fit an RS Hogue reciever. Saw in someones post that the stock one is too short.

Would an RS Rugers screw work ?

I'm looking at getting one of these and dunking it in RA-Tech/RS parts, and by the time you're done there's barely any of the original gun left. The stock is a total replacement, obviously. RA-Tech replace;

• NPAS (RA-KJ-007)
  • Magazine release (RA-KJ-016)
  • Inner & Outer Barrel (RA-KJ-017)
  • Bolt carrier (RA-KJ-021)
  • Hop-up rubber (RA-KJ-022)
  • Charging handle (RA-KJ-024)

By my count, out of the entire gun, only the trigger group (KJ parts 48-73), bolt group (KJ parts 5, 18-27, 29-32, 35-45, 47 & 136*) and hop-up chamber (KJ parts 9 & 11) remain. Does anyone that owns an RA-Tech outer & inner barrel know whether you also need the muzzle & adaptor (KJ parts 1-2 & 138) or the inner barrel sleeve and inner barrel connection (KJ parts 6-7)?

Surely it must be cheaper to just order those parts than the entire gun?

*5 x2, 18, 19 x3, 20-23, 24 x2, 25-27, 29-32, 34-45, 47 & 136 x2

I was thinking the same thing for my project and the parts alone (same setup as you and parts list) actually add up to cost more than a full rifle at retail price. Get the full rifle and sell off the spare parts and you get some money back on it. Or keep it and build it back to stock and sell that and then sell the upgrade parts seperatly. Either way it is not worth ordering the parts alone. Add to that having to assemble all the parts and small pieces n stuff...

Yeah, I suppose so. The problem is then that the parts you have to sell off are parts nobody wants, lol. (Yes, I know you meant reassembling the file in it's original configuration and selling the nice bits, but still.) Have you picked a stock yet? I'm struggling to choose between;

1. Hogue's 10/22 OverMolded .920" dia., probably in OD green;

Ruger10_22001.jpg
  2. Bell & Carlson's 10/22 Odyssey 2/3-way adjustable;

IMG_2318full.jpg
  3. Ironwood Design's SG2000;

shapeimage_12.png

(I love the McMillan STC Intimidator, but it's just way too expensive.) Plus, of course, a Harris HBRMS and a Tuffer Buffer equivalent.

Yeah I figured that as well regarding the parts but either way I would rather have a full stock rifle avaliable in case something doesn't work out with my parts than to have just parts. And I think you could sell them off somehow somwhere, if not, so what, you get more stuff for the same amount of money.

My kit list as of now is;

1x KJW KC-02 10/22 ver. 2

3x KJW KC-02 short mags

1x RA Tech Outer/inner barrel kit silver, grooved

1x RA Tech KC-02 hop up rubber

1x Falcon KC-02 hop up rubber (as an alternative to stock/RA)

1x RA Tech Charging handle

1x RA Tech extended magazine release, silver

1x MAG Spring replacement kit for KC-02

1x PowerCustom RS Ruger recoil buffer

1x Hogue Ruger 10/22 .920 OverMolded stock, rubber, black

1x BlakHawk sling swivel kit, silver

1x BSA Deerhunter 3-10x40 scope

1x Ironsighter Weaver style rings, 1" diameter, .430" height

1x King Arms 2000 psc 0.30g BBs

1x King Arms 2000 psc 0.36g BBs

1x King Arms 2000 psc 0.40g BBs

2x Guarder Poweful Gas 140PSI/12kg gas

pure silver, are you seriously thinking about dropping $950 on an RS stock for a KJW 10/22?

The ironwood is nice but not that nice,

Checkout midwayuk for a good range of RS stocks , or just keep an eye on ebay...

Try playing with the gun stock first , see if you even like it!

It's not everyones cup of tea.

Jim

Who said anything about playing with these things ? ;)

For me it is just a build and plinking gun only, as with all my airsofts. Judging from puresilvers other posts (the guy has an Ino 226 for christ sake) I think he is kind of in the same position. However I would agree that $950 stock is a bit over the top :P

Who said anything about playing with these things ? ;)

For me it is just a build and plinking gun only, as with all my airsofts. Judging from puresilvers other posts (the guy has an Ino 226 for christ sake) I think he is kind of in the same position. However I would agree that $950 stock is a bit over the top :P

pure silver, are you seriously thinking about dropping $950 on an RS stock for a KJW 10/22?

What can I say, I'm a total sucker for nice things - I mean, Inokatsu only managed to find 50 people out of a population of 7bn stupid enough to buy their P226, and I was one of those. I should go to those Occupy rallies with a sign proclaiming myself the 0.00000000007%.

I think the Ironwood is a lovely stock, but also ill-suited to skirmishing (too fragile) which I think is also going to prove the downfall of that Bell & Carlson - I just don't think that adjustable butt is going to survive skirmishing when really it's a target stock, which is a shame because it looks very comfortable. Fortunately the Hogue's also the cheapest, so it's not so bad. That said, an $850 RS Sage Mk. 14 EBR Mod.0 chassis is on my wishlist - it's a straight fight between that and an M4...

I got lucky with an RS Ruger Laminate target stock off ebay, it isnt going to break anytime soon ,

its a little heavier than a standard wood stock but much stronger.

I think it was about £30...

These little Rugers are really a niche replica, not an out and out sniper rifle, and nowhere near as practical as a aeg "DMR" ,

the mags tend to blow seals and don't work well below about 10C...

But I like my little 10/22! nice and simple, small scope , couple of mags in my pockets , and an AA MEU for close up work on my belt!

Jim

These little Rugers are really a niche replica, not an out and out sniper rifle, and nowhere near as practical as a aeg "DMR" ,

I'm more of a tac man than a style icon, so the wood would be a bit civvie for me, lovely as it is. I'm keeping any eye out for a secondhand Hogue stock on eBay; fortunately not only do they sell them here but Hogue themselves ship to the UK (as the SIG thread will witness in a few weeks).

Unfortunately I'm morally opposed to AEGs - I want my guns to go bang, not make a noise like a faulty sewing machine - so my choices for DMRs are fairly limited. Since an Armalite is already in my future, I don't want that sort of DMR, and because I'm the victim of the giant conspiracy against the left-handed I can't work a boltie. So hopefully this little 10/22 will give me variable range and power for outdoor marksmanship/sniping, and with CO2 mags should operate fairly well in the winter.

Speaking of which, has anyone tried the CO2 mags yet?

Just seen a URL link to a danish shop in the review thread otherwise not a trace of them. I might order one or two from that danish shop to check them out. I have emailed KJW about it and asked if they actually are released or what.

Perhaps the HK shops just didnt see a market for the CO2 mags and isnt stocking them.

Archived