I've really liked the look of the CQC holsters, and especially liked the idea of my pistol being in a secure and easy-to-draw thigh holster. Previous to this, I had been using a cheap cloth holster with a single velcro strap holding the pistol in.

Browsing Airsoft Club, I came across this:

http://airsoft-club.com/shop/tactical-gear/holster/drop-leg-holster/cqc-sig-p220-p226-rh-pistol-paddle-belt-drop-leg-holster-tan

And decided to go for it. The price was definitely right - $50 shipped to California. One week later, it was on my doorstep, and upon opening the air mail bag, I was greeted with this:

IMGP9562.jpg

A little disappointing. Nothing a knife can't fix though.

IMGP9563.jpg

That's better. Packaging isn't bad but isn't anything special. Who cares though, let's see what's inside!

IMGP9566.jpg

So here's what you get. The holster itself, attached to the belt loop attachment, a belt paddle attachment, and the thigh rig.

Initial Impressions

Build quality is so-so... it doesn't feel cheap but it doesn't feel as well made as some of the other gear I have. There are a few uncleaned seam lines and a few holes that don't line up perfectly, but it is serviceable. Both the paddle and the belt attachment feel solid and I have no gripes about those. The holster itself feels well-made, but the release button does feel a little stiff. (I'll get to that later) Fits my KJ 229 just fine!

IMGP9617.jpg

Both the paddle and belt thing have Blackhawk trades on the back.

IMGP9616.jpg

Usability(?)

Obviously, the first thing I wanted to do was to set the leg rig up. There are three screws that attach the holster to the rig of choice. Upon removing the three screws, I discovered that one screw was about half as long as the other two. A little odd, but I thought it was purposefully left short. Oh, how wrong I was.

When I went to attach the holster to the thigh rig, I found that the short screw was just barely too short to be able to attach to the holster. Well, that was a little frustrating. What can you expect with an ACM product though? Anyway, after searching my junk drawer and coming up dry, I decided to try one of the screws holding the rails onto the thigh rig. Luckily, it's the same size, although it was a little too long. Nothing a good pair of pliers couldn't fix.

IMGP9611.jpg

IMGP9612.jpg

IMGP9613.jpg

Yay, finally attached.

The rig feels solid on my leg. One of the reasons I wanted this holster was for the dual belt attachment. It's very easy to attach to your belt, and fits my 1.5" duty belt perfectly. The quick-detach points work like they should. They feel kind of cheap, but solid. One thing I definitely didn't know about this holster is that the straps that run to the belt are elastic. I suppose this makes it easier to move around in, but to me it makes the rig feel a little looser than it should.

IMGP9618.jpg

Problems

Alright, the time has come to take a look at a couple of serious problems with this holster. While these are problems, I do want to emphasize that the holster is still serviceable.

The lower leg buckle doesn't click completely positively, but it holds secure. For some reason the lower strap and buckle are slightly bigger than the top ones. For all I know these are just like the Blackhawk though.

The holster doesn't quite fit my gun securely. It jiggles around a bit, but I don't think it would ever fall out on its own. Anyway, it's nothing a little foam can't fix.

The release button is very stiff. From my understanding, you should be able to just push the gun into the holster until it clicks into place. With this holster, you have to hold down the release when putting the gun in. Not a huge problem, but definitely a minor annoyance.

Conclusion

In closing, I can't recommend this holster. Sure, it's cheap, but I doubt you want to build your own holster. The fact that I had to take a different screw and cut it in half to get the holster to work properly pretty much says it all about the build quality. It's serviceable, but if I had known, I probably would have just gone for the Blackhawk. I don't want to say I'm disappointed in my purchace... I mean, it's decent for the price, but it's very true that you get what you pay for.

I would give this holster a 5/10. Hope this review was helpful for anyone considering buying it.

On a different note, airsoft-club.com is a great retailer and I definitely would recommend them!

Edited by TerranCmdr