WE AKS-74UN First Impressions (Pic heavy)

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This one was a WELL G74A. This project was crazy flustrating but finally finished - and fully working.  

Here is my 74UN. Had to mod the little metal piece that came with the Zenit stock, as it doesnt align with the hole on the WE receiver and also it was a little long.     Internals Orga Magnus 6.32mm

#grabpopcorn #lovethisfight #stubbornvsstubborn #clashofthetitans   Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Posted Images

Well, their earlier rifles all had pot metal internals, but I can't remember it ever being as bad as this... Each one has had some major flaw that showed itself rather quickly, but total failure after 20 magazines... derp :-|

Let's hope they get feedback and re-inforce future batches.

There is already a comment on the video regarding parts failure occurring on a new rifle. Hope this does not become a huge hassle like the v1 M4 release. Let the saga unfold; I hope WE Tech steps up, fixes problems, & offers up steel upgrades. Diecast / zinc alloy does not even hold up on diecast cars (I collect those too) let alone on working actions in gas guns. You would think that manufacturers would get a clue. My warranty was only 14 days & I am really worried about breaking mine.

I just checked the youtube video again and the 2 posts from that user (TheSpitfire2207) has been removed. Not a good sign. :unsure:

Edited by rvlyssup

RA-Tech are working on steel parts.

They recently put up CAD renders of various trigger parts and a bolt.

Although, I had a look around for AK parts and was wondering.

Do you think we could use real-steel parts in the AK's trigger group?

The selector lever looks like it /could/ be modded to fit but the WE version looks longer than real steel. (The 'paddle' seems to hang lower)

The trigger and disconnecter however looks like they /could/ be a direct replacement with a real steel part.

Someone needs to make a replica of the Vityaz laser seen on the Inokatsu pics. It is surely the shizzle

and would make it easier to look past the many faults this gun is certain to have.

On second thought, WE can keep this. I'm tired of seeing them peddling half-assed ###### with their slick little u-tube hustles. I hope the axles in Jame's car are made of pot-metal.

On second thought, WE can keep this. I'm tired of seeing them peddling half-assed ###### with their slick little u-tube hustles. I hope the axles in Jame's car are made of pot-metal.

Whoa there Mr. Anger issues!

No need for such hostilities.

Im the one with the broken gun and I aint even that angry about it.

Up until it did fail was probably amongst the best skirmishing I have done in airsoft.

My warranty was only 14 days & I am really worried about breaking mine.

Skirmish the *suitcase* out of it and claim on warranty on the 14th day. :D

EDIT: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHA the hammer just snapped in half! pics incoming

Edited by Reppyboyo

U MAD ? coolface.png

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself considering;

Reppyboyo said;

And then;

Reppyboyo said;

No offense, just a little fun in all this :-)

Hammer breakage pics!

92JAV.jpg

IizeV.jpg

urScP.jpg

Trigger set seems to be made of cheese.

Yet still instead of being ###### I find this mildly amusing.

So in light of 3 parts snapping, would filing a paypal dispute against Airsoft Global for faulty goods be reasonable?

Still cant get hold of WE or anywhere that can get spares.

Hammer breakage pics!

Trigger set seems to be made of cheese.

Damn Reppy!! Dem pictures sure look ugly! Now I'm really scared. BTW, mine is past Evike's 14 day warranty period. :bam:

I guess if it was meant to break, I'm just delaying the inevitable so I might as well use the snot out of it. What a bummer though...

I shouda bought a GHK...

Edited by crackisbad
Dont quote pictures

I think, by now, I can say:

I don't want to say "I told you so"...

But I told you so.

I think the proper way to use WE AK is to:

1. buy from evike.

2. shoot over 9000 mags in one day(or just before the warranty is gone).

3. tell evike to send you replacement parts.

4. it will arrive a few months later when WE finally decided to fix the fatal flaw of that part(be it material usage or whatever).

5. you have a more reliable rifle.

Or wait for a few months and see if WE fixes those huge list of flaws I pointed out earlier, like what I am doing right now.

Edited by adadqgg

Lol.

I learned from buying the V1 SCAR GBBR to never buy a first version WE gun - you have to wait until the kinks are worked out.

Though there always has to be that "guinea pig" to go out and tell the rest of the community how a product is really like/what's its flaws are.

I owe you a drink Reppyboyo :)

• Like 1

But really, WEs last "original" GBBR, the G39C, didn't come with any huge flaws like this or some of their other rifles... :o Biggest thing with the G39 was over-hop, and I can live with that considering what else is offered :P

I don't really understand. Anyone seen or heard of any other problems like this ?

But really, WEs last "original" GBBR, the G39C, didn't come with any huge flaws like this or some of their other rifles... :o Biggest thing with the G39 was over-hop, and I can live with that considering what else is offered :P

I don't really understand. Anyone seen or heard of any other problems like this ?

I thought L85 was their last original GBBR.

• Like 1

It appears Im the only one for now.

Only heard of someone's valve knocker breaking otherwise.

Getting spares is an uphill battle thus far.

CWI wont reply to emails.

Airsoft Buddy MIGHT be getting some in soonish.

TQM wont have any for a couple of months.

On the plus side, it would appear RA-Tech are designing a lot of internals for steel.

adadqgg: You are correct sir. I had forgoten about that rifle since I am an L85 hater ;-)

Reppo; Try e-mailing support@weairsoft.com with your spare part numbers and your shipping address and await a quote.

EDIT: Actually to hell with waiting for a quote, tell them the thing broke and ask for new parts...

Any word from Airsoft Global? I haven't had any actual issues with them but their customer support has been very helpful and quick in communicating when I dealt with them.

Edited by NonEx

ASG have not replied yet.

Thanks for the email address will send them one soon, hopefully to a reply.

Unfortunately Airsoft Buddy do not know when they will get spares in.

On the bright side, also contacted RA-Tech regarding the failures and they have forwarded my email to their factory for suggestions for their next project. (Presumably just the selector paddle, as they already have the trigger and disconnecter planned.)

Whoa there Mr. Anger issues!

No need for such hostilities.

Up until it did fail was probably amongst the best skirmishing I have done in airsoft.

Skirmish the *suitcase* out of it and claim on warranty on the 14th day. :D

His break line linkages? Potmetal as well! His pacemaker? You guessed it! Potmetal! The cables holding his elevator...well, you get the idea.