WE AKS-74UN First Impressions (Pic heavy)

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This one was a WELL G74A. This project was crazy flustrating but finally finished - and fully working.  

Here is my 74UN. Had to mod the little metal piece that came with the Zenit stock, as it doesnt align with the hole on the WE receiver and also it was a little long.     Internals Orga Magnus 6.32mm

#grabpopcorn #lovethisfight #stubbornvsstubborn #clashofthetitans   Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Posted Images

Johnny (the boss) also posted a render on his page of a new selector tappet. :D

Onwards goes my saga of getting spares!

ASG: Still no responce

CWI: Ask me for the part numbers and apparently will goto the factory to get me some :D

WE Themselfs: Initially confirmed that I am the first player to have these issues and they can send me the parts.

Asked what retailer I bought it from, answered obviously.

Got a reply back saying:

Sorry, Airsoft Global is not our Distributor in Hong Kong

We can't offer warranty parts for you by them

May be you need to contact them, to help you get the parts from the

distributor shop in Hong Kong

If they can't do that...please tell us

Uhhh what?

Im a little miffed that WE are trying to palm this off to someone else.

Any suggestions for a reply?

Edited by Reppyboyo

Wow, maybe they don't want to sell to airsoft global, or something? But, it does seem very odd to say, to you, airsoft global are not thier distributor. I bet airsoft global wouldn't be happy about that.

I have no idea, how you would go about replying to that. Maybe ask them to investigate how airsoft global, have WE items for sale, if WE are saying they are not a distributor?

Edited by Habakure

Uhhh what?

Im a little miffed that WE are trying to palm this off to someone else.

Any suggestions for a reply?

Nothing you can do.

All the TW players who got free replacement parts got them through teh TW shops.

That apparently did not include airsoftglobal.

Hmm.. where can one find a list of official WE retailers so you get warranty via WE ?

Also, the Ra Tech parts, I can tell from just the photos that the shape and dimensions are off in several places. Seems like, as with some RA products, it will require alot of fitting to work :-|

Now if only RA-Tech will make a steel version of that selector armature. This one is not log for this world...

They have, there is a pic up on the boss's FB page of the render.

A prototype pic also went up a few hours ago.

Shouldn't be long before a complete trigger set hopefully.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RquWbt1jidI

Yes, it still decreased the bolt travel by at least 4cm...but at least it is made with machined steel and only cost around $16(490TWD).

They are taking preorders.

Here is how to install it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VKi1Lw4hhc

The real highlight can be spotted on the table: AKMSU muzzle brake(a tw player worked on it with CNC machine last time I checked).

...So much for realism of full bolt travel...:rolleyes:

Edited by adadqgg
  • Like 1

Is there no rubber buffer at the front end which makes contact with the pot metal bolt ? :o

Sounds like problems to me.

Apparently the softer potmetal is the buffer...lol.

But it does make sense that you would not need a buffer when you get RA tech steel bolt(in the near future, hopefully...), because everything behind that block is all steel.

Edited by adadqgg

Ongoing saga of spares news.

CWI: No response.

ASG: No response, paypal dispute filed and no response.

WE: Waiting for spares from the factory, could be up to 2 week away. :-/

Well, looks like my AK is down for the foreseeable future.

Looks like I might get the RA-Tech steel parts before the spares become available.

Don't turn this into some politics/territorial thread please.

Reppo; Mweh, sad to hear ASG haven't replied. Like I said I have only had positives with their support, but that was when things went OK... so.

Good thing RA is early out the gate with parts for the AK, and glad to hear WE decided to help.

Hope you get it back in shape soon.

It appears that WE is extremely biased towards western weapons.

Because the Ak lacks soo much detail(and reliability, AND performance...) while their XM177, hk416...etc. was just fine.

I don't think its that problem.

In Taiwan good luck finding a real steel AK and don't even think about AKS74UN

hk416, XM177 are all base of AR spec. Guess what? the CAD CNC file for AR-15 part is online. All WE need to do is build one make a CNC version and they go their mold ready. Those that are not available can be purchase and ship into Taiwan easily. In addition, Taiwan Army uses Type 91 which is basically an AR-18 (internal) and M4 (external) hybird, WE could get hands on of RS AR-15. The same is NOT true with AK

This was kinda the same as A&K MASADA where they lack the actual dimension and as such cannot fully replicate correctly.

How do you mean detail? is it really that bad? i thought it was just crappy parts, like there original m4?

It lacks many details.

img2378v.jpg

WE

RealSteelAks74udetail.jpg

^RealSteel

Also:

Wrong selector positions, Ak47 tacticrap selector switch + "experimental" polymer handguard, wrong triggerguard(realsteel one is round near the grip).

And I think the mag looked longer than realsteel.

I don't think its that problem.

In Taiwan good luck finding a real steel AK and don't even think about AKS74UN

hk416, XM177 are all base of AR spec. Guess what? the CAD CNC file for AR-15 part is online. All WE need to do is build one make a CNC version and they go their mold ready. Those that are not available can be purchase and ship into Taiwan easily. In addition, Taiwan Army uses Type 91 which is basically an AR-18 (internal) and M4 (external) hybird, WE could get hands on of RS AR-15. The same is NOT true with AK

This was kinda the same as A&K MASADA where they lack the actual dimension and as such cannot fully replicate correctly.

WE does not even need to look at a realsteel; they just need to take a look at VFC AKs-74U(pretty correct aside from dimension of siderail) or VFC clones.

The real problem is that WE got the receiver wrong; and that happens to be one part that is very unlikely to have RA-tech replacement for.

RA-tech needs to make its own WE AK.

Edited by adadqgg