WE AKS-74UN First Impressions (Pic heavy)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This one was a WELL G74A. This project was crazy flustrating but finally finished - and fully working.  

Here is my 74UN. Had to mod the little metal piece that came with the Zenit stock, as it doesnt align with the hole on the WE receiver and also it was a little long.     Internals Orga Magnus 6.32mm

#grabpopcorn #lovethisfight #stubbornvsstubborn #clashofthetitans   Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

It broke again! :D

Gun jammed, wondered what stopped it.

Found this:

b877S.jpg

Took me a while to find where it was from but its part of the trigger box.

KAsMc.jpg

It helps hold the hammer down and keep the firing pin in.

Gun still fires but Im not comfortable with the possibility of the firing pin or hammer removing themselves.

Should be interesting to get a replacement trigger box. :-/

Edited by Reppyboyo
  • 2 weeks later...

Yea, apparently the part is only 3.15 (they didnt say what currency though) without shipping but wont be able to get it for a month or two.

CWI could order it in for $53 (inc. shipping) but no idea if they could get it faster.

Its a good gun, just let down by poor WE materials.

Have sold mine on.

• 3 months later...

Swagtastic review! However i have a few questions -

1:If possible, can I order the upgraded/reinforced version from RA-Tech? do you think it would work like it was intended to? Is it worth it?

2: Which would require the least modification, Real Steel or Airsoft parts, I'm hoping to put this:http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=VFC-AK-RAS-01&search=special&rs=AKS74UN%20&catid=&cat=

3: Where are those CO2 Mags at? D:

4: What are the front side threads? Custom or RS Ak's?

5: What weight of BB's do you recommend?

Thanks for any help, God save Princess Celestia.

Swagtastic review! However i have a few questions -

1:If possible, can I order the upgraded/reinforced version from RA-Tech? do you think it would work like it was intended to? Is it worth it?

2: Which would require the least modification, Real Steel or Airsoft parts, I'm hoping to put this:http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=VFC-AK-RAS-01&search=special&rs=AKS74UN%20&catid=&cat=

3: Where are those CO2 Mags at? D:

4: What are the front side threads? Custom or RS Ak's?

5: What weight of BB's do you recommend?

Thanks for any help, God save Princess Celestia.

1) RA-Tech upgrade is pretty much a must as the firing pin will break with low round count

2) Should be able to work AFAIK

3) Do your research, google is your friend. The answer is there isn't a CO2 mag since STANAG in production

4) AFAIk the typical AK

5) WE VSR style hopup can use heavy weights. I would say 0.28g is bare minimum. I run 0.40g on my WE m4, G39, M16

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just to add a warning, (might already have been mentioned :L ) A friend of mine has one of these AK's and duly replaced all the parts he could with Ra-tech parts. Unfortunately a non ra-tech part (trigger group housing) has broken and is seemingly irreplaceable, with him receiving an email from WE to the effect of "Don't matter we got yo' money" I dont know how widespread this issue is but be warned!

Just to add a warning, (might already have been mentioned :L ) A friend of mine has one of these AK's and duly replaced all the parts he could with Ra-tech parts. Unfortunately a non ra-tech part (trigger group housing) has broken and is seemingly irreplaceable, with him receiving an email from WE to the effect of "Don't matter we got yo' money" I dont know how widespread this issue is but be warned!

That and after playing with one I would say as pretty much the cooldown is terrible and has WE quality written all over.

Myself and a friend had the same thing happen.

The AK still worked though.

Not irreplaceable though, last I contacted WE they said they could get it but it would take a couple of weeks.