WE AKS-74UN First Impressions (Pic heavy)

Yes, exactly the same. It is using half-transparent, standard VSR-style hopup rubber. The used hopup rubber is better quality as the WE but it need to replace to a quality one - Modify TAN or AIP or some other quality rubber.

The basic problem is that the hopup rubber don't keep the BBs in the chamber, they can fall out easier - that is why the nozzle can break appart easier.

Here are few photos about the CO2 valve:

14711287_1417456934950571_27921724757392

14559991_1417456941617237_14481961818988

14691365_1417456938283904_17036818043506

14700920_1417457011617230_74681690543125

14713596_1417457014950563_86649073672095

• Like 1
  • Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This one was a WELL G74A. This project was crazy flustrating but finally finished - and fully working.  

Here is my 74UN. Had to mod the little metal piece that came with the Zenit stock, as it doesnt align with the hole on the WE receiver and also it was a little long.     Internals Orga Magnus 6.32mm

#grabpopcorn #lovethisfight #stubbornvsstubborn #clashofthetitans   Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Posted Images

Mine was badly assembled that is why the auto-sear spring (which hold the hammer and released by bolt carrier) is not in the right position. The other parts seems to be good and the gun shoot around 420-450 FPS with CO2 - depending on used CO2-cartridge, external temparature, etc.

This weekend I'll design an own LFS insert which will reinforce the nozzle-tip and it will decrease the muzzle velocity - maybe today I have time to build the first prototypes.

Basic look over:

Steel hammer, sear, firing pin. Plastic buffer in the receiver. Non captive recoil spring. I got a gas magazine with mine, which leaks from both the top and bottom valves. However, WE magazines fit and fire.

Outer barrel is not steel, unlike the WE.

My WELL has an issue with alignment of the gas piston, when it's fully tightened it sits 10degrees low so it rubs against the gas tube.

My WELL has an issue with alignment of the gas piston, when it's fully tightened it sits 10degrees low so it rubs against the gas tube.

Place an o-ring between gas piston and the bolt carrier. It will solve your alignment problem - that is why Well filed the end of gas piston.

Don't forget to check the nozzle spring, it is always really weak!

Trigger box looks like the same as the WE except the addictional steel parts (hammer, firing pin, sear).

We have two G74A which is used since last year and the trigger box don't break (any part or the trigger box next to the hammer).

Edited by Batmause

My WELL trigger box is not steel.

Do you mean the casing or the parts? There is only a few parts which is made from steel.

This week we got 9 G74A and all of them has steel hammer-sear.

The other thing is that the last year series has less steel parts (but the hammer-sear was steel). They has externally less steel as the 2016-series.

Steel hammer, sear, firing pin.

My WELL trigger box is not steel.

Do you mean the casing or the parts? There is only a few parts which is made from steel.

This week we got 9 G74A and all of them has steel hammer-sear.

The other thing is that the last year series has less steel parts (but the hammer-sear was steel). They has externally less steel as the 2016-series.

The box is pot metal, the hammer, disconnector and firing pin are steel, as I said before.

The only thing I would have said they need to make steel now is the trigger/main sear. Eventually that will break and render the gun totally inoperable.

The box is pot metal...blabla...

...blabla..need to make steel now is the trigger/main sear. Eventually that will break and render the gun totally inoperable.

The stock trigger box is 8$. Buy 2-3 pieces and you can replace it imediatelly - WE AK is not to complex design, I think it is possible to replace the trigger box on the field to.

The stock trigger box is 8$. Buy 2-3 pieces and you can replace it imediatelly - WE AK is not to complex design, I think it is possible to replace the trigger box on the field to.

I never said the trigger box needed to be made of steel, I was answering someone's query and then yours.

• Like 1

And the other thing. The magazine hammer-blocker parts was made from metal, not from plastic.

I thing the guy poorly formulated that sentense. He want to say that the trigger box parts made from steel - but just particial, not all parts.

Edited by Batmause
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Just stumbled with this at Orga's blog. They have cracked down the problem with WE's AK (metal "7.62", curved style) magazines not feeding properly.
It seems to be an issue with the outer shell pressing too hard on the bb channel, and gets easily fixed by dremelling it down. It's quite ironic as the issue is only present in the "improved" batches made this year, previous production magazines didn't have such problem

IMG_7783.JPG

Full explanation in the following link. It's in Japanese, but Google's translation is quite good
http://orga.militaryblog.jp/e754442.html

• Like 1

Well this blows. Assembling a Zenit AK for a friend only to find out the locking latch for the Asura PT-1 stock doesn't engage when folded. I mean, the lock doesn't even move and is just screwed into place. Had to modify it a bit and add a spring to make it work as intended shown in the locked position below.

IMG_8355.jpg