WE AKS-74UN First Impressions (Pic heavy)

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This one was a WELL G74A. This project was crazy flustrating but finally finished - and fully working.  

Here is my 74UN. Had to mod the little metal piece that came with the Zenit stock, as it doesnt align with the hole on the WE receiver and also it was a little long.     Internals Orga Magnus 6.32mm

#grabpopcorn #lovethisfight #stubbornvsstubborn #clashofthetitans   Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Posted Images

and that floating valve looks horrendous (probably the origin of FPS difference between guns), I was thinking a whole nozzle assembly would be a safe bet. A buffer spring will short stroke the bolt, accelerating the bolt cycle and making cooldown less noticeable. But the real gas efficiency is exactly the same. Gas flow is controlled by the firing pin, which resets (stopping gas flow) when the bolt cycle cocks the hammer.

- The problem may that the floating valve has a lot burr - I think that is why we measured big differenced between few gun.

- The hammar spring also weak, sometime it can not open the CO2 outlet valve. We need to open the valve by hand a bit and after that it works properly.

- I agreed with you about short-stroking.

• 4 weeks later...

Hehe, I know what you feeling this time. We also ask the webshop's e-mail alert service and often we (as hungarian player) buy all the mags which on the stock. Soo be fast and you will get few... :P

Basically WE GG mags are compatible but your need to file down the rear locking arms because Well has shorter arm.

Edited by Batmause

One more thing. I bought a RS stock rubber for my WELL AKs74u. I got it today - I ordered it on eBay and it comes from Russia.

I needed to drill two new hole into the stock but no more important thing.

What I got?

There is a metal insert, reinforment in this rubber.

How its looks like?

Here you can find what I bought: CLICK

Edited by Batmause

Sorry guys, I learned this language only in a few hours (around 200 hours?) so it is hard to explame the situation for me. So I try it again... :)

So the rear locking arms is shorter on the WELL magazine. In WE AK it wont be enought to hold the magazine perfectly. Thanks for the blowback the magazine can "fall out" from the gun because the magazine can move a lot (it rotate a bit and loose the connection with the mag catch).

And because the WELL designed the mag catch with shorter rear locking arm, it is hard to put the WE mag into the WELL AK.

Edited by Batmause
  • Like 2

Ther rear locking arms is molded by the metal internal case. The front parts is removable but then the feeding lips come a bit backward which will cause feeding issues.

We tested the WELL AKs with WE mags, it work without any problem - except that it is hard to place into the gun.

With an addictional, glued spacer the WELL mags will may work in WE too - the idea seems to be good.

Cause this gun isnt mine, I wont be able to do this modifications. I have one CO2 WELL magazine for my WELL AK and now I spend resources to made this gun working properly - cause few spring is broken out-of-box. But I have any good/bad news, I will let you know it - if you want.

Edited by Batmause

As renegadecow had said, the insertion of steel pin/screw and gradual build up of plastic material would be the most suitable mod. 

In looking at the area, there isn't much space to work with to build up material I would find 1-2 small steel sheet metal screw(s) with a dome head that can sit flush with the flat surface is best to give you stability particularly its a sideways turning force so a domed head with a flat flush would prevent any tilting of the metal insert when holding the magazine in, or shearing/bending during insertion.

As renegadecow had said, the insertion of steel pin/screw and gradual build up of plastic material would be the most suitable mod. 

As he thinking about the front parts which placed on the outer shell?

It think is not the best solution because the gas routing rubber and the feeding lips will be come back and it will cause multiple issue - feeding, gas venting.

What do you think?