WE AKS-74UN First Impressions (Pic heavy)

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This one was a WELL G74A. This project was crazy flustrating but finally finished - and fully working.  

Here is my 74UN. Had to mod the little metal piece that came with the Zenit stock, as it doesnt align with the hole on the WE receiver and also it was a little long.     Internals Orga Magnus 6.32mm

#grabpopcorn #lovethisfight #stubbornvsstubborn #clashofthetitans   Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Totally offtopic... but I think it's worth sharing anyway: 

My WE AK fell off the second floor yesterday, directly into the concrete floor below. My sling release got engaged by some stuff in my chest rig. It survived. Without a scratch. Only the mag release lever pin got slightly out of position (quickly fixed by pushing the sucker back in), and the red dot sight got somewhat loose.. 

man, I love this thing.

• Like 1

WELL Groza, first prototype

Here we come. OTS-14 replica based on WELL G74A. This is the first prototype. Now we're working on hard to start this conversion kit as mass-production - first time 5-10 pieces.

If you want, I can show a test video about how it is working. ;)

• Like 5

Both of  them, WE and GHK. Now the designer started to finishing the design. Price and estimation isn't known, yet.

This prototype was made after 120 hard hours.

This guy also made a Draco AK-variant too.

16938507_1345087182214076_39293621237488

Edited by Batmause
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We finished the first two conversion kit and we know the price, it's 350€. exluded the shipping cost. The shipping cost is around $30 into the EU.

It is drop-in fit with WE and WELL AKs74u but also compatible with GHK, VFC, E&L guns. You can also use this with V6 gearbox on AEGs which made with E&L- or VFC-standards.

Here you can find few photo about the conversion kit.

• Like 1

We finished the first two conversion kit and we know the price, it's 350€. exluded the shipping cost. The shipping cost is around $30 into the EU.

It is drop-in fit with WE and WELL AKs74u but also compatible with GHK, VFC, E&L guns. You can also use this with V6 gearbox on AEGs which made with E&L- or VFC-standards.

Here you can find few photo about the conversion kit.

No, 250€ - I made this mistake by phone, sorry.

• Like 2

That's a great price! And it looks quite good actually. My only concern is why did you go with that weird ventilated lower handguard / receiver instead of the much simple original design,

---------------

In other somewhat related news, Gunfire has restocked the Well clones. 

Did anyone tried fitting a whole nozzle assembly from WE on the Well guns?

Yes, its is a modified AMD-65 handguard and we reinforced it. We choosed this handguard because the original design is to "labor-intensive".

If you saw an Hepa OTS-14 then you know that the lower handguard has a big wooble. We use this solution to make a rock-solid gun.

3D-printing is expensive in this size. If we had own, good-quality printer then we made with 3D-printer - but currently we have only a FF FDM printer which isn't a good one. The print oftern warp or fallout from the printing bed. Basically I use that printer to check the size for the small parts - for example, I made an auto-sear holder for WE SCAR-H series.

Currently I have only WELL but I tested a few parts from WE. For example, internal selector-switch. Next week I will order a few replacement parts from KYairsoft. I know that it is fully WE compatible with few modification - added one screw to fixing the rear movement on the FCG housing, steel hammer - sear - valve knocker, added plastic buffer, etc. You need to swap few springs (nozzle return spring, auto-sear spring), take it appart and reassembly (rivit wasn't fixed properly, add some epoxy to them) and replace the hopup rubber and the barrel.

Edited by Batmause
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...