WE AKS-74UN First Impressions (Pic heavy)

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This one was a WELL G74A. This project was crazy flustrating but finally finished - and fully working.  

Here is my 74UN. Had to mod the little metal piece that came with the Zenit stock, as it doesnt align with the hole on the WE receiver and also it was a little long.     Internals Orga Magnus 6.32mm

#grabpopcorn #lovethisfight #stubbornvsstubborn #clashofthetitans   Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Posted Images

So, we used a DBoys/Kalash/Boyi AKs74u receiver to fit WELL AK's internals. The receiver is clearly compatible with the internals but the spring guide holder is totally different. You need to file the right cutting to let fit the spring guide. If the spring guide stuck or not move smoothly it will cause jams on the bolt carrier - can not move, stuck in a position. We didn't tested the fitting with the FCG parts yet. In the future, I can update this project if your are interested.

• Like 2

Yes, WELLs AKs have this plastic buffer. We made our own short-stroke kit which is really solid with this plastic buffer.

It is a rubber buffer, if you place the original buffer behind this one, it keep the rear trunnion from this big stress. On the photo, you can see the first proto, nowadays we made them from rubber.

WE-WELL OTs-14 conversion kit, final version

Edited by Batmause
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

hello all ! 

Thank you for this amazing Topic ! Very interesting reading also for the Groza, AWESOME JOB ! :) Can you make similar video of assembly for normal Groza type with the CO2 mags that comes with Well?

Also please, can somebody help if we can source an Steel outer barrel for our AKS74U ? 

Thank you all !

Steel outer barrel: KYairsoft.com

The assembly is clearly the same with the CO2 version of G74A. The gun has the same internals and externals, the only difference is that which magazine seat in the box. For CO2 version we made a short-stroke kit because the rear trunnion often break after time. The short-stroke kit will fit into the recoil spring guide with a screw thread and you need to fit with the rear, plastic buffer to make the contact surface as big as it can be.

We also made a short video about how to modificate the trigger box.

Sorry for the flame, I will stop if it make you angry...

• Like 1

Steel outer barrel: KYairsoft.com

The assembly is clearly the same with the CO2 version of G74A. The gun has the same internals and externals, the only difference is that which magazine seat in the box. For CO2 version we made a short-stroke kit because the rear trunnion often break after time. The short-stroke kit will fit into the recoil spring guide with a screw thread and you need to fit with the rear, plastic buffer to make the contact surface as big as it can be.

We also made a short video about how to modificate the trigger box.

Sorry for the flame, I will stop if it make you angry...

Thank you buddy !

Maybe you can help me with answer, I wrote to KYairsoft regarding WE outer barrel if part AK74 UN #77 (external barrel) is made from steel or aluminium.

The reply was 

"The AK74 UN#77 are made out of aluminium not steel.

Please feel free to select below link for product details:

Looking forward to serve you again.

Feel free to ask, if there is any questions.
"

can you please forward me a link if you have for a steel one ? as I am searching for it like a month already :(

Thank you also the video, yes I noticed on your youtube channel you made a video for the WELL one yesterday, great work, thank you for it. Maybe in future when I will have enough of the AKS74U variant, will make a groza from it :)

Ouch, than I missed something. Sorry. :( Maybe ask a local mechanist to make the new outer barrel for you.

I really looking forward the new WE AK74MN and I hope they will release the plastic stock-handguard version too - possible in OD color for a good stalker-build. :)

Ouch, than I missed something. Sorry. :( Maybe ask a local mechanist to make the new outer barrel for you.

I really looking forward the new WE AK74MN and I hope they will release the plastic stock-handguard version too - possible in OD color for a good stalker-build. :)

no problems buddy.

Can't you make also steel outer barrels ? :) You have nice kit for Groza so this would be great new extra for sure :)

Got 5 WE AK74UN beside me right now (getting the team armoury ready for this weekend GBB-Only milsim :D) all of them have steel outer barrels. Just checked again to be sure, and definitely it's steel.

So most likely KYarisoft was wrong about that one. If you want to be 200% sure tell them to check that out for you, "people in the forums says the short barrel is steel while the long is alluminum" :P. They are quite quick to answer and always willing to double check, so there's nothing to loose.

• Like 2

Got 5 WE AK74UN beside me right now (getting the team armoury ready for this weekend GBB-Only milsim :D) all of them have steel outer barrels. Just checked again to be sure, and definitely it's steel.

So most likely KYarisoft was wrong about that one. If you want to be 200% sure tell them to check that out for you, "people in the forums says the short barrel is steel while the long is alluminum" :P. They are quite quick to answer and always willing to double check, so there's nothing to loose.

Thank you Dimitri, THANK YOU SO MUCH, I wrote even on FB group, and only people owning the long one PMC AKM replied that it is aluminium, and no solid answer from the owner of the real WE AK74UN (and had it even disassembled, and know the difference between pot metal, aluminium or steel).

so happy to read this, so going to order it now :)

THANK YOU BUDDY

• Like 1

Yup. Short is steel, long is aluminum. If you want a steel long barrel you'll need to custom graft the front half of an AEG barrel on the stock WE barrel.

Thank you buddy, ordered it and it is already on the way to me :)

Would like to use LCT front sight that is made from steel so have to modify some adapted for it

• Like 1

Would like to use LCT front sight that is made from steel so have to modify some adapted for it

IIRC the LCT front sight inner diameter is slightly wider than the outer diameter of WE's barrel

So you might have to make some steel epoxy magic there.

Edited by Dimitri MdP